Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel International A level (IAL): Physics Unit 6 (WPH06) - 19th May, 2016 - PM Watch

ReputationRep:
    i got the time period as 3.20 seconds and the next question about the equilibrium as 0.80 seconds. Are any of these correct? for the uncertainty in the first question i got 2.2%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owais.ik)
    For the uncertainity in question 1 I found the max possible value of W1 minus minimum possible value . and then divide by 2
    I got something like 0.015N
    I did the same!!

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody get the acceleration at 0.4 s to be 1.96 ms^-2 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ab9826)
    i got the time period as 3.20 seconds and the next question about the equilibrium as 0.80 seconds. Are any of these correct? for the uncertainty in the first question i got 2.2%
    All three correct.

ReputationRep:
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandy_Vega30)
    I got 2 ms^-2

ReputationRep:
    Will the p.d. across capacitor X drop to zero after it discharges through capacitor Y for some time? So what reading shoud we take as V2?

ReputationRep:
    Q4: I forgot to convert Celsius into Kelvinfffffffffuuuuuuuuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvWOW)
    I wrote the same precaution (connecting the capacitor to the correct terminals) but I wrote repeat and find mean for accuracy... It might be wrong cause you don't repeat for circuits normally as it could heatup right? smh
    I wrote repeat and average after cooling the setup!

ReputationRep:
    I got 2m/s... btw what did you write for why was the line horizontal at 0.80 m/s in v-t graph?

ReputationRep:
    If anyone manages to get hold of the exam paper, could you please link me to it?

ReputationRep:
    How do you calculate the total percentage uncertainity in that density of clay question? Do you just add the percentage uncertainities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimen.)
    I got 2m/s... btw what did you write for why was the line horizontal at 0.80 m/s in v-t graph?
    I wrote that at 0.8 s the mass experiences max. Velocity, therefore a horizontal tangent could be used to calculate max. acceleration. I don't think that's right though.

ReputationRep:
    Yess I got the same 🎉🎊 but I dont remember % uncertainty value. 😞

ReputationRep:
    I wrote that at 0.8 s the mass experiences max. Velocity, therefore a horizontal tangent could be used to calculate max. acceleration. I don't think that's right though.
    Acceleration is always zero at max. velocity.

ReputationRep:
    Acceleration is always zero at max. velocity.
    What did you writet?

ReputationRep:
    What did you writet?
    I wrote velocity is maximum at 0.80 m/s^2 so the gradient is horizontal and acceleration=0 ms^-2

ReputationRep:
    I wrote velocity is maximum at 0.80 m/s^2 so the gradient is horizontal and acceleration=0 ms^-2
    That makes so much sense!

ReputationRep:
    for question no. 4 my value of gradient was 1061 which is wrong but will i get carry forward marks for the next questions ??
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Correct. Acceleration is proportional to displacement: at t=0.80s, (wait not v=0.80ms^-1) its at center oscillation - displacement is zero so acceleration is zero and the tangent (dv/dt) = zero

I screwed up everything else tho. ggwp

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.