Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone want to post an unofficial mark scheme? I'm just so stressed out about that exam because i've been doing so well all year and now I think everything's gone down the drain!!

ReputationRep:
    Same here and no there isn't

ReputationRep:
    Yeah like it would be really helpful for someone to create an unofficial mark scheme!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudiamendes)
    Yeah like it would be really helpful for someone to create an unofficial mark scheme!!
    I agree haha

Hi guys does anyone have the paper or a list of all the questions that came up? thanksss

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=MeganSaffron;64784751]Hey! Is anyone else taking the ORC Psychology AS exams this week? Has anyone got any predictions?

Posted from TSR M

For core studies next monday, does anyone have good revision tools they would like to share?

ReputationRep:
    RESOURCES FOR 23RD OF MAY OCR PSYCHOLOGY CORE SCIENCES EXAM:

DEBATES (FOR AND AGAINST) http://ocrpsychology2015.blogspot.co...f-debates.html
    EXAM QUESTIOnS: http://ocrpsychology2015.blogspot.co...ies-paper.html
    MEMORY STRATEGIES (How to remember info from the studies): http://ocrpsychology2015.blogspot.co...trategies.html
    INFORMATION ON ALL CORE-STUDIES: http://ocrpsychology2015.blogspot.co.uk/ (Scroll down)
    OCR PRACTICE QUESTIONS FOR ALL CORE-STUDIES (Some are for A-level but they're all useful especially for Section C): http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/295312-...stion-bank.pdf

ReputationRep:
    How does grade boundaries work for both papers? So like say if someone got a D in research methods then a C in core studies, what would that be overall? And what do you guys think on predictions for the grade boundaries /75?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me a core study to use for each debate? Just struggling to find one for each debate!

ReputationRep:
    Ok so:
    Nature - Baron Cohen, casey, sperry
    Nurture - Chaney, Bandura

Freewill - Bandura (they chose to imitate behaviour from models of the same gender) and Milgram (35% did not comply)
    Determinism - Bandura, chaney, grant (all because of external influences or something) and Milgram since 65% complied
    Individual - Freud (unconscious conflicts) and Milgram since 35% didn't obey
    Situational - Milgram - 65% obeyed and Bocchiaro and also Loftus and Palmer (info after an event)
    Ethics - Chaney and Bocchiaro (kept ethics) and Bandura and Freud (broke ethics)
    Socially Sensitive research - Is sensitive - Bocchiaro, Isn't senitive - Freud
    Psychology as a science - Loftus ans Palmer - scientific and freud isn't
    Usefulness - you can argue that any of them are useful e.g Loftus and Palmer for legal institutions
    Reductionism - Loftus and Palmer (isolated variables) and Casey and Milgram
    Holism - Freud

I hope this helped Good luck for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me a core study to use for each debate? Just struggling to find one for each debate!
    Just posted them all here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schoolgirl1)
    Ok so:

Freewill - Bandura (they chose to imitate behaviour from models of the same gender) and Milgram (35% did not comply)
    Determinism - Bandura, chaney, grant (all because of external influences or something) and Milgram since 65% complied
    Situational - Milgram - 65% obeyed and Bocchiaro and also Loftus and Palmer (info after an event)
    Ethics - Chaney and Bocchiaro (kept ethics) and Bandura and Freud (broke ethics)
    Usefulness - you can argue that any of them are useful e.g Loftus and Palmer for legal institutions
    Holism - Freud

Thank you, so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sail999)
    Thank you, so much!
    You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    Ok so:

Holism - Freud

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on the exam guys? I thought it went better than the first exam! But i don't know... Context is always an issue

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on the exam guys? I thought it went better than the first exam! But i don't know... Context is always an issue
    Loved it
    Only question i wasn't too sure of was the issues one in section C. But the questions in section A were also a bit weirdly worded but it was fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I actually found it harder than the first one but I still think I done okay on it

ReputationRep:
    Pretty good I think! The 12 marker on ethics was so good but there was a 10 marker on the evaluation in section c which I don't think I wrote enough for but other than that the questions were good!

ReputationRep:
    For the twelve marker does it have to be 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses or can you do 3 strengths and one weakness or whatever?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty good I think! The 12 marker on ethics was so good but there was a 10 marker on the evaluation in section c which I don't think I wrote enough for but other than that the questions were good!
    What did you write for the ethics question??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 23, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.