Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiatorsword)
    Are you in university? A first year undergrad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why so many questions man. You can figure out my backgrounds by reading around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    Alright! It's gonna be interesting to see the pool of applicants this year. I have no idea who I am up against or how fierce the competition is as I'm from outside the UK! It's the minority who is even aware of summer intern opportunities in my country.
    Which country is it?

ReputationRep:
    How can you apply twice? If your on a 4 year course?
    If you decide to do a master you get another shot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMAX)
    Which country is it?
    Denmark!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Why so many questions man. You can figure out my backgrounds by reading around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're right i am asking too many questions. Im sorry i hope i haven't agitated you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're right i am asking too many questions. Im sorry i hope i haven't agitated you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, it's alright, honestly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzygrant)
    Is it really worth it to 'diversify' all the way to back office if you don't want that? How much chance do I have if I choose my second choice as asset management (within Goldman)?
    don't choose second options at Goldman (except locations ofc), teams want someone committed to the end. I´d avoid BOs at all costs no matter what, you may as well work in a back office at tesco

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    don't choose second options at Goldman (except locations ofc), teams want someone committed to the end. I´d avoid BOs at all costs no matter what, you may as well work in a back office at tesco
    Did you go for NYC as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    That was quite a peak remark.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In the same way students from europe apply to internships in London, can i apply to GS in London and NYC too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah it's actually true, finance division in tesco's might actually be more interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In the same way students from europe apply to internships in London, can i apply to GS in London and NYC too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    NYC would be pretty much impossible from Europe mate. Asia Pacific, anywhere in Europe, the middle east and africa are all fair game however - granted you have the language skills.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    NYC would be pretty much impossible from Europe mate. Asia Pacific, anywhere in Europe, the middle east and africa are all fair game however - granted you have the language skills.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Easier to lateral over as a Senior Analyst or Associate. That's what I would like to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    Did you go for NYC as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Madrid, cause I speak Spanish. NY has the greatest pool of talent available, not impossible, but harder than London

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the end is the same, and I doubt the job will be much different. I can't see how finance/internal audit at Goldman might be much different or more exciting from finance at Tesco Bank or M&S.

And in terms of moving from a BO to a FO, as you already know, beeest of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    the end is the same, and I doubt the job will be much different. I can't see how finance/internal audit at Goldman might be much different or more exciting from finance at Tesco Bank or M&S.

And in terms of moving from a BO to a FO, as you already know, beeest of luck!
    You're not wrong tbf, there's not a whole lot of distinction between finance/internal audit teams across industries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Easier to lateral over as a Senior Analyst or Associate. That's what I would like to do.
    Yep, seen the same too. I would even say a later year Analyst and upwards (includes VPs, EDs, MDs etc).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know which BB banks requires which tests? I know you have to do a numerical test almost everywhere (except GS and JPM), but some banks also wants you to submit a verbal and/or logical reasoning test. Would be so grateful if anyone had some insight to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brian_sp12)
    Does anyone know which BB banks requires which tests? I know you have to do a numerical test almost everywhere (except GS and JPM), but some banks also wants you to submit a verbal and/or logical reasoning test. Would be so grateful if anyone had some insight to that.
    Add barclays to the no tests list

Prep for all three types.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How important is networking given all the applications are done through an online system?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.