Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    What did you write about in the 10 marker?
    10 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kgothatso)
    10 marker?
    'Competitive market..'

ReputationRep:
    I did context 2, since Cigarettes are easier to talk about and no I'm not a smoker lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    'Competitive market..'
    Oh I did old spec.
    There is no 10 marker.
    5 marker
    8 marker
    12 marker
    25 marker.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I did old spec.
    There is no 10 marker.
    5 marker
    8 marker
    12 marker
    25 marker.
    I did the old spec too. Which context did you choose and how did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aye I don't know what you guys are talking about AQA ECON 1 multiple choice was the best!

It was a mixture of 2015 and 2013 multiple choice. But didn't have time for the 25 marker :/ if I had time could have gotten 24/25 and this is coming from someone who got an E last year.
    I found it hard tbh. Do you remember any of the questions and answers? What context did you do??
    Hope you get the result you want.

Just realised that I left my bottle of flavoured water in the exam room. It was full as well. I wonder if it will still be there when I have an exam at 2.

ReputationRep:
    Easiest exam ever, about 60% of the multiple choice were repeated, if you done the multiple choice from 2005 you would have nailed it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I liked the new spec exam, context A was nice and easy, with a simple market vs government 25 marker, and the 10 marker on perfect competition, liked it overall. What did you guys get for the maths question in context A btw I got 1751 homeless people or around there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutelady)
    Easiest exam ever, about 60% of the multiple choice were repeated, if you done the multiple choice from 2005 you would have nailed it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which one of the four did you select for the question about monopoly and something along the lines of 4000 units produced etc?
    Also, for the costs of production one as in the market output is OX, what should the firm do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    Which one of the four did you select for the question about monopoly and something along the lines of 4000 units produced etc?
    Also, for the costs of production one as in the market output is OX, what should the firm do?
    400,000 units produced was C as A and B showed diseconomies of scale and D showed the same average cost all the way through, C was the only one who went down after the 50000 mark. I cant seem to remember the costs of production one though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    I'm talking about THE OLD spec

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naomi288)
    I did the old spec too. Which context did you choose and how did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Context 1. Found it easy but didn't get to finish 25 marker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desert_fox15)
    400,000 units produced was C as A and B showed diseconomies of scale and D showed the same average cost all the way through, C was the only one who went down after the 50000 mark. I cant seem to remember the costs of production one though.
    So the LRAC curve which was downwards sloping?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    Was that the one where you had a choice of four curves. D was just a straight line. I put C. Can't really remember anything else. If you know what question im talking about, what did you put?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    Yes, because lower costs=more monopoly power, as you can use predatory pricing, limit pricing etc... with less risk, but the upwards sloping ones after 50k would have had diseconomies of scale, if i am wrong someone feel free to correct me.

ReputationRep:
    I liked the new spec exam, context A was nice and easy, with a simple market vs government 25 marker, and the 10 marker on perfect competition, liked it overall. What did you guys get for the maths question in context A btw I got 1751 homeless people or around there.
    Yes! It was 1750.96 and then you round it up to 1751.

ReputationRep:
    What did you write for the 10 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    Yes! It was 1750.96 and then you round it up to 1751.
    Thanks, the hardest element was probably the multiple choice but it was still doable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    What did you write for the 10 marker?
    I talked about the excess demand reducing consumer sovereignty as housing and shelter are a need, this would make consumers price takers rather than firms which is not perfect competition. My second point being about imperfect information in the housing market also meaning that there is not perfect competition.

ReputationRep:
    I talked about the excess demand reducing consumer sovereignty as housing and shelter are a need, this would make consumers price takers rather than firms which is not perfect competition. My second point being about imperfect competition in the housing market also meaning that there is not perfect competition.
    I can't remeber exactly but was the question something along the lines of 'Why is the housing market not a competitve market'?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.