Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noey123)
    I am! how r u gettin on? what do you think might come up?
    Horribly
    Too much to learn tbh
    I really don't know what will come up. Maybe the new right contribution to education?
    What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone teachers said anything about unit 2?

ReputationRep:
    I really don't want Marxism to come up

ReputationRep:
    education paper predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noey123)
    i agree. i think ethnicity might come up as a 6 marker . am so worried about research methods it never sticks in my head, what do you think might come up for research methods?
    I've heard experiments haven't come up for a while and possibly documents....I'm also going to revise stats just in case....easy to forget about. Who knows.......!

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if social class will still come up as they did it for new spec O.o guess will find out soon...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I heard that too but I have a good feeling but from my teachers too that gender might do too as it hasn't came up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shavin)
    I wonder if social class will still come up as they did it for new spec O.o guess will find out soon...
    sameee

ReputationRep:
    guys had you answer 'practical reasons being the most important' for choice of method

ReputationRep:
    we don't have to revise social policy right? or just very briefly

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt go in depth seeing as there was a question on it last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpme001)
    I wouldnt go in depth seeing as there was a question on it last year
    What do you predict?

ReputationRep:
    Class external could be on the paper this year as it was internal last year, I can see ethnicity being asked too and possibly New Right. For the methods section I haven't a clue but as long as you know your PET you're honestly fine! You don't have to have examples of the method to get full marks but it is a bonus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MindOfFinn)
    Class external could be on the paper this year as it was internal last year, I can see ethnicity being asked too and possibly New Right. For the methods section I haven't a clue but as long as you know your PET you're honestly fine! You don't have to have examples of the method to get full marks but it is a bonus
    what does PET mean

ReputationRep:
    Practical
    Ethical
    Theoretical
    You may have learnt it in a different order

ReputationRep:
    I predict external factors, Marxism and maybe a short answer question on ethnicity. for research methods i'll be going over experiments and maybe documents seeing as that hasn't come up for a while.
    (Original post by xxvine)
    What do you predict?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by external factors? External factors of class gender or ethnicity? Or are you looking at them all?

ReputationRep:
    Social class and official stats came up in last years paper, but social class could come up again. However, a few predictions are ethnicity and gender. And for research methods, possibly observations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MindOfFinn)
    What do you mean by external factors? External factors of class gender or ethnicity? Or are you looking at them all?
    I went over class differences in achievement - external factors, so things like language, parents education and working class subculture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zainab03)
    Social class and official stats came up in last years paper, but social class could come up again. However, a few predictions are ethnicity and gender. And for research methods, possibly observations!
    ethnicity was last year so i'd say gender is more likely, well I hope so!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.