Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHarry)
    Green belt pressures = Urban Sprawl / pressure on expanding the R-U fringe.

Life expectancy = Swaziland vs. UK (HIV, disease, general healthcare).
    Yeah, I took the same approach.. Population increase leading to Urban Sprawl, as well as an increase in energy need (renewable energy building) as well as transport (park and ride).

Then for life expectancy I drew the DTM and linked countries to the stages, but focused on HIV in Swaziland and increased healthcare in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaneki)
    Yeah, I took the same approach.. Population increase leading to Urban Sprawl, as well as an increase in energy need (renewable energy building) as well as transport (park and ride).

Then for life expectancy I drew the DTM and linked countries to the stages, but focused on HIV in Swaziland and increased healthcare in the UK
    Nice.

I didn't mention any solutions (park and ride etc.) as it didn't ask for it, did it? It just asked for the pressures on a Green Belt. I gave...

Population / Urban Sprawl - movement of people as RU develops.
    Services grow, expand and built...
    Requires accommodating... (added pressure, used case study).
    Require roads, etc... (added pressure)
    Require recreation, etc. (added pressure)

ReputationRep:
    Nice.

I didn't mention any solutions (park and ride etc.) as it didn't ask for it, did it? It just asked for the pressures on a Green Belt. I gave...

Population / Urban Sprawl - movement of people as RU develops.
    Services grow, expand and built...
    Requires accommodating... (added pressure, used case study).
    Require roads, etc... (added pressure)
    Require recreation, etc. (added pressure)
    I was using park and ride as a land use issue, land is taken up to build the thing, displacing wildlife etc.. Although it was only a minor point since I was near to the end of my 12 minutes

ReputationRep:
    I was using park and ride as a land use issue, land is taken up to build the thing, displacing wildlife etc.. Although it was only a minor point since I was near to the end of my 12 minutes
    I see! Yeah, sounds like it was alright... Question 3B was a bit weird though.
    I ended up just ravelling on about Occupation and Age, as I only had 5 minutes left (did 3A and 3C first).

ReputationRep:
    I ended up just ravelling on about Occupation and Age, as I only had 5 minutes left (did 3A and 3C first).
    Yeah, 3b was a tad off, although from last year's 3b I was expecting something similar... Wrote about how a Clone Town Survey could be completed in the area along with collecting house prices from estate agents ahaha.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, 3b was a tad off, although from last year's 3b I was expecting something similar... Wrote about how a Clone Town Survey could be completed in the area along with collecting house prices from estate agents ahaha.
    Yeah, right. Quite weird last year as I got 93/100UMS in one exam (G1) and 56/100UMS in G2! Hopefully closer to 93/100 this year. Fingers crossed...

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Think it went a bit better than G1, but couldn't finish 3c off as I think a couple of the part a)'s took longer than normal! 3b was a weird one too. Most of the other questions weren't as bad as I was expecting them to be

ReputationRep:
    for 3b I did urban land use survey (concrete, and infrastructure like trainlines) to say how urbanized the area is and also a count of the houses in the area to give an estimate of population and also a count of the number of shops to give an estimate of the cities sphere of influence. Hope that stuff is ok I only had about 4 minutes as I did 3a and c first too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bradg199)
    for 3b I did urban land use survey (concrete, and infrastructure like trainlines) to say how urbanized the area is and also a count of the houses in the area to give an estimate of population and also a count of the number of shops to give an estimate of the cities sphere of influence. Hope that stuff is ok I only had about 4 minutes as I did 3a and c first too.
    3b is always the question everyone does worse on (compared to 3a and 3c), so doing it last is a really good idea in attempt to pick up a few marks. It's always the most random question in the paper and my teacher says that any marks for that question are a +, it simply can't be predicted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bradg199)
    You got it! pretty annoyed I didn't check the thread yesterday as I struggled with this question....
    Lool thanks i figured it out according to correlation in past papers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone looked at the investigation project for a2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.