Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016 Watch

• View Poll Results: How hard did you find F211?!
    Hard
    34.29%
    Okay
    52.50%
    Easy
    13.21%

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys put for the wind increasing loss of water vapour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieMae)
    Think I did D A B E, because smooth muscle maintains pressure when it fluctuates? And elastic fibres stop the artery from bursting under high pressurw.. Idek
    Because pressure will fluctuate nearer the heart because of the pumping of the heart - the further away from the heart you get the less pressure fluctuates

ReputationRep:
    What did u all put for the 1 mark stem cell question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bailey2j09)
    Because pressure will fluctuate nearer the heart because of the pumping of the heart - the further away from the heart you get the less pressure fluctuates
    i think the elastic fibers allow the artery to expand when the pressure fluctuates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MotorboatMyGoat)
    Air moving outside the leaf will carry water vapour away and this will maintain a high water potential gradient so water loss is more quicker......it's probably wrong I didn't even know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    F*** you ocr you absolute t**** go die!!!! Awful awful awful paper!!!! Why cant it be like wjec?????? Stop ruining everyones future lives and potential of getting into uni!!!!!!!!! Im angry af!!! I knew my work for this so well and they just ask stupid irrelevant question! Never knew moss, ameoba and a s*** diagram of the heart would ruin the rest of my life

ReputationRep:
    Here's my answers to a few peoples questions

Why doesn't the Amoeba have a transport system, o said it has large surface area to volume ratio therefore diffusion alone is adequate

Other uses of the plasma membrane of the Amoeba, i said communication with other Amoebas and cell signalling/receptor sites to detect food and nutrient availability.

KLM - most of the people in my school got right atria, septum and wall of left ventricle
    Pretty much all of us put a line just below the atria going horizontally, not slanted, if you look at a diagram of heart it's tilted.

With regards to the name given to water moving out of the cell I don't think exocytosis alone would cut it. I think it should exoPINOcytosis - refer to the bottom of page 25 in the ocr purple text book.
    As it's the bulk movement of water out of the cell

With regards to the movement of water up the moss plant you can't refer to the transpiration pull , capillary action or xylem itself because it said the plant had no vascular tissues. I talked about water potential, osmosis and root pressure.

125micrometres for the size of the artery

For the question about having no vacuole I said the Amoeba would keep talking up water and the cell would burst ...

C was the leaf adapted to living in the conditions they described as it had a small surface area to reduce water loss

Other adaptations : loads for this I just said densely packed spongy mesophyll ...

Translocation: movement of (named) assimilates up and down the plant by mass flow (probably other marking points here, eg mention of phloem, source, sink etc)

How air movement and wind changes increases rate of transpiration.

Air carries water vapour that has been lost from the leaves. This ensures that the Water vapour potential from the intracellular spaces to the outside of the leaf is high, which increases the rate of diffusion

I personally thought it was difficult to differentiate between the insert showing telophase or anaphase. Although i think if you put telophase or anaphase it won't affect the marks in the 5marker later on.

That 3 marker about what else happens other than mitosis, I put interphase consisting of the s phase, DNA replication , G1 phase biosynthesis of organelles or proteins , g2 phase growth organelles

Sorry they're out of order but just seeing what I can remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben1gregoriou)
    Think I put B,A,D,E
    I got BADE too

ReputationRep:
    Something along the lines of wind carrying water vapour away from surroundings, meaning water vapour potential gradient was large so water vapour will diffuse out leaf at a faster rate down wvp gradient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claytonb)
    anyone else put:
    right ventricle
    septum
    left ventricle
    for KLM ???
    I put right ventricle, septum and left ventricular wall.. Dont think it was left ventricle because it was too far over
    I might be wrong

ReputationRep:
    Something about removal I.e waymter vapour carried away by wind, keeping water vapour potential gradient steep .....

ReputationRep:
    by fair m the biggest idiot for putting SAN AVN and bundle of his fck my life

ReputationRep:
    How would it haemloyse if it doesnt have haemoglobin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chazeyourself)
    How would it haemloyse if it doesnt have haemoglobin?
    Don't all animal cells haemolyse when they burst full of water?

ReputationRep:
    to add to my long post earlier

Z was the TEM as they have a magnification of 500,000 x

Figure 3.1a was the SEM because it showed a 3d image and you could see the contours of the root hairs.

ReputationRep:
    Don't all animal cells haemolyse when they burst full of water?
    Erm Haemolysis is the rupturing of Erythrocytes so no... lol

ReputationRep:
    Guys for the Amoeba q was it asking about functions of membranes inside the cell or the plasma membrane? Could have sworn it said inside...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbvgehsnw)
    Guys for the Amoeba q was it asking about functions of membranes inside the cell or the plasma membrane? Could have sworn it said inside...
    1 or two people in my school said it did but the majority of us said i didnt say inside

It said one function of the membrane is to separate in the inside of the cell from the outside
    Name two other function of the cell membrane on an Amoeba

I could be wrong though...

ReputationRep:
    For the other than mitosis question:
    I put:
    Checking DNA for errors
    Making ribosome (cell growth etc)
    Making ATP
    And Apoptosis? Ive seen it previously as a marking piont?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbvgehsnw)
    yep it was inside, i put that they surround food vesicles......?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.