Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    x^ isn't negative, but x is. The original equation was 2logx something.
    no i defo double checked it u couldnt have -3, i dont think it was 2log???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rewre)
    no i defo double checked it u couldnt have -3, i dont think it was 2log???
    The first part of the question was to combine it into a single log

Then you had to solve that, but in the question it was expressed as two different logs. Putting in -3 into the calculator gives you a math error. So the only answer was 12

ReputationRep:
    x^ isn't negative, but x is. The original equation was 2logx something.
    In the same way you'd get a math error with a power like 400, so you multiply the log by 400, you get a math error with a negative power, so you apply the log's multiplier as an indice to square it and remove the negative

ReputationRep:
    The first part of the question was to combine it into a single log

Then you had to solve that, but in the question it was expressed as two different logs. Putting in -3 into the calculator gives you a math error. So the only answer was 12
    If you put -3 into the combined log ((-3)^2 / (-3+4)), you don't get a math error

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rewre)
    Can someone plsss confirm , for the sum of U > sum of w , did u have to find a new first number and difference for the arithemetic because it was Un+1 it was just Un???

Also wasnt the period PIE/ A?
    you could, if you wished have found the value of N with equality sign (this being critical value) and get something like 37.bla But 'is greater than' is asked for so rounding it up should give 38.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3rmit)
    If you put -3 into the combined log ((-3)^2 / (-3+4)), you don't get a math error
    im pretty sure it wasnt 2log anyway, i thought it was X-2 LOG ????????
    Ive just remembered because i remember plussing 2 to the other side!

ReputationRep:
    What about the separated logs?
    What were the equation?

ReputationRep:
    Yes this is right since 9x^2k^2=k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tangotangopapa2)
    you could, if you wished have found the value of N with equality sign (this being critical value) and get something like 37.bla But 'is greater than' is asked for so rounding it up should give 38.
    so u couldnt use the first number and D u had already found for part i ? u had to find it again with 1 , 2, 3 not using previous answer? this gave you A= 2.5 and D= 1

ReputationRep:
    I coudnt find the 2015 c2 paper so how hard was this compared that and if so what do you guys reckon the boundaries gonna be

ReputationRep:
    What was answer to question 2 on perimeter of sector my mind went blank 😞

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rewre)
    im pretty sure it wasnt 2log anyway, i thought it was X-2 LOG ????????
    Ive just remembered because i remember plussing 2 to the other side!
    That's probably the other later question with 3^(x-2)

What about the separated logs?What were the equation?
    2log base 3 (X) - log base 3 (X+4) = 2
    Edit: the combined logs and the separated logs are equal so any manipulation, including squaring to remove the negative, will produce a correct answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rewre)
    so u couldnt use the first number and D u had already found for part i ? u had to find it again with 1 , 2, 3 not using previous answer? this gave you A= 2.5 and D= 1
    Yes you can use it but as far as I remember, U1 was 5 and Un+1 was Un+1.5 or so, giving a = 5 and d=1.5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tangotangopapa2)
    Yes you can use it but as far as I remember, U1 was 5 and Un+1 was Un+1.5 or so, giving a = 5 and d=1.5
    Un = 1.5n + 3.5

ReputationRep:
    That's probably the other later question with 3^(x-2)

2log base 3 (X) - log base 3 (X+4) = 2
    Edit: the combined logs and the separated logs are equal so any manipulation, including squaring to remove the negative, will produce a correct answer
    I got both 12 and -3, but said -3 is not valid since 2log base 3(-3) gives maths error. You could square the -3 but that's after manipulation and not the original equation. I really don't know. I wrote down 12 and -3 and then underlined 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamDev)
    I coudnt find the 2015 c2 paper so how hard was this compared that and if so what do you guys reckon the boundaries gonna be
    I retook and would say that last years was similar in difficulty

ReputationRep:
    Can you carry an error forward on core 2?

ReputationRep:
    I got both 12 and -3, but said -3 is not valid since 2log base 3(-3) gives maths error. You could square the -3 but that's after manipulation and not the original equation. I really don't know. I wrote down 12 and -3 and then underlined 12
    They both worked fine for me but I'm not too sure

ReputationRep:
    lol this was disgusting

Really hate AS its killing me LOOOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isaacsutton123)
    What was answer to question 2 on perimeter of sector my mind went blank 😞
    Couldn't do this one 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙃🙃 🙃🙃🙃

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.