Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissfuleuphoria)
    Did you have to state that it needed to be aluminium oxide? I just said "presence of a catalyst and high temperature"
    Should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    What was the third question asking?

Was it not asking about sub-atomic particles and their charges in just the nucleus so you're not supposed to talk about electrons, right?
    No electrons in the nucleus - I just talked about protons (+1) and neutrons (no charge).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lunaticash19995)
    No it would be around 52 because last year it was 50 for A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Many people found this exam hard, so an A* will not be that high.

ReputationRep:
    Did you have to state that it needed to be aluminium oxide? I just said "presence of a catalyst and high temperature"
    That's probably cool.

ReputationRep:
    No electrons in the nucleus - I just talked about protons (+1) and neutrons (no charge).
    Same, that's fine then. The unofficial mark scheme thus suggests I got around
    57-58/60

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one that thought this test was hard?

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to specify the type of catalyst or the temperature

Name:  lol.png
Views: 194
Size:  170.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustasB)
    Many people found this exam hard, so an A* will not be that high.
    Given the premise that "most of the people who use TSR are in the % of students that get >B grades " and that most of the people here today are saying how well they've done in this test, I'd say we can conclude that a high amount of people posting here now will get very good grades. This is because they will have something like 45+ marks so the average here today would be around 45-50 marks = A*. The boundaries are going to be very very high if this is the case nationwide.

ReputationRep:
    57-58/60
    Ah well done! Chemistry is not my strong point, hoping I got around 43-45 though having recounted.

ReputationRep:
    57-58/60
    That's awesome, glad I could help

ReputationRep:
    thanks for this

ReputationRep:
    Ah well done! Chemistry is not my strong point, hoping I got around 43-45 though having recounted.
    Chemistry was never my strong point either. To be honest, I just got lucky, and that is important to anyone who is concerned about the exam; with tests, so many variables have to align to ensure success and so exams are by no means a good way of testing our ability.

ReputationRep:
    I believe i have around 55/6/8, with me missing the first question and not adding 60C to the last. Will i get anything about saying margerine is only partially hyrdrogenated , because if it was completlry hydrogenated then it would be a solid lump and unspreadable

ReputationRep:
    There was a question saying give three reasons why car bodies should be recycled instead of reused or placed in landfills. it was a 3 marker

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Tesco_Manager)
    I believe i have around 55/6/8, with me missing the first question and not adding 60C to the last. Will i get anything about saying margerine is only partially hyrdrogenated , because if it was completlry hydrogenated then it would be a solid lump and unspreadable
    WOW! Those are great marks! I mentioned the same thing right at the end just for arguments sake after actually providing the correct answer, but I don't think it will be mark-worthy because it does not necessarily answer the question. I may be wrong though!

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry was never my strong point either. To be honest, I just got lucky, and that is important to anyone who is concerned about the exam; with tests, so many variables have to align to ensure success and so exams are by no means a good way of testing our ability.
    Very true! Kicking myself that I didn't remember the whole bunsen burner thing for group 1 metals but there you go, that's what happens when I have a panic attack in an exam, all I can think of is panic. Happy that I managed to remember the nickel catalyst and 60*C for the last question though. At the end of the day it's done now and I just hope I can do well in C2 and C3, hoping for an A in Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roadAyman)
    There was a question saying give three reasons why car bodies should be recycled instead of reused or placed in landfills. it was a 3 marker
    got that I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Tesco_Manager)
    I did say that but I'm not sure if it's a mark

ReputationRep:
    Very true! Kicking myself that I didn't remember the whole bunsen burner thing for group 1 metals but there you go, that's what happens when I have a panic attack in an exam, all I can think of is panic. Happy that I managed to remember the nickel catalyst and 60*C for the last question though. At the end of the day it's done now and I just hope I can do well in C2 and C3, hoping for an A in Chemistry.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.