Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know about selection and repetition as I've seen it in the 2015 past paper but I don't remember covering it in class?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis H01)
    Do we need to know about selection and repetition as I've seen it in the 2015 past paper but I don't remember covering it in class?
    Whats that ? :P

Oh dearrrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethan100)
    Thank you so much !

Do any of you know what Carbon footprint is ?
    Carbon footprint is the overall amount of CO2 and other greenhouse gas emissions produced through the manufacturing, distribution, use and disposal of a product. I think this ties in with the environmental impact section of the course.

ReputationRep:

Oh dearrrr
    That popped up in my prelim and I hadn't been taught it either! It confused me so much.

If you need a question on it the 2014 Paper has one (Question 19 b)

ReputationRep:

Oh dearrrr
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  84.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but what's that got to do with computing ?
    In Comp. Sci. it'll refer to the amount of carbon produced during the manufacture, delivery, lifetime and disposal of a computer. Usually it'll be a question along the lines of "Andy has 5 computers in his shop. He wants to buy new ones. Describe the environmental impacts this would have and how he can reduce this" To which the answer would be the massive amount of carbon produced during manufacture and transportation, and it could be reduced by simply upgrading his existing computers.

(Original post by alx2000)
    Does anyone think that there might be a question on normalisation?

Perhaps when you are given a table and you have to show the process.

I personally would really like this to come up however I'm not sure if that is expected at N5 level.
    I wouldn't expect that at N5. Saying that I'm doing Higher and only just found out that it's called normalisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PTS_99)
    In Comp. Sci. it'll refer to the amount of carbon produced during the manufacture, delivery, lifetime and disposal of a computer. Usually it'll be a question along the lines of "Andy has 5 computers in his shop. He wants to buy new ones. Describe the environmental impacts this would have and how he can reduce this" To which the answer would be the massive amount of carbon produced during manufacture and transportation, and it could be reduced by simply upgrading his existing computers.

I wouldn't expect that at N5. Saying that I'm doing Higher and only just found out that it's called normalisation.

Hahaha! Has your higher exam been yet?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for the help

Do I need to know a lot about DOS/DDOS attacks ?

ReputationRep:
    So if it ever asks us what data structure something is we always write "An array of reals"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alx2000)
    Hahaha! Has your higher exam been yet?
    Nope, about the same time as yours - 12:40-14:40 for me because of how the school day works where I am.

Thanks everyone for the help

Do I need to know a lot about DOS/DDOS attacks ?
    Just what they are, and maybe that a firewall can help prevent them.

And I suggest that you should all stop at this point and get a good nights sleep (like myself). Honestly, it's much better for you than staying up all night trying to cram it all, believe me.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for the exam guys!

ReputationRep:
    This time tomorrow I'm gonna be so happy. I think I'm honestly gonna bash fallout 4 far harbor, I haven't had the time to play it yet because of exams. Also because I could potentially be free of computing, hated the subject this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So if it ever asks us what data structure something is we always write "An array of reals"

Its as an array of (a data type). Not always an array of reals though. The array could be storing a list of names and so in that case it would be an array of strings. But just remember its always an array of something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    Good luck for the exam guys!
    Thanks

Thanks for all the help everyone

Wish you all the best in the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yeolk)
    I have the book with model papers, i can send it to you but through private message
    Any chance you could also send them to me? Would really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    i've only got to get 47 or so in this exam to get an A, after getting 58/60 in my assignment

the assignment was worth wayyyy too much imo

ReputationRep:
    ok so I thought that was ridiculously hard haha, please tell me someone else thought the same.

ReputationRep:
    I found that quite straightforward.

There were some hard pseudocode questions, But overall not bad.

I think I've lost a lot of marks on pseudocode questions.

There were a few questions that we weren't taught about like the user one, But they were just 1 markers.

I think I've done well (hopefully)

ReputationRep:
    that was a lot harder than i was anticipating lol

i'm still confident i got an A, it's just that some of the questions were a bit vague
    what did you guys put for the dog grooming question where you're asked why the total is still the same even after a new number is introduced to the array?

i wrote that they hadn't extended their loop (i had to assume they used a fixed loop, that was the only explanation, although i can not fathom why anyone would use a fixed loop in that situation) and they just had not extended their loop to compensate for the extra variable.

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?

For the calculation of the photo did anyone get 36.05MB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.