Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmithAmelia)
    Will I get any marks at all though?
    So yes you would get the marks because you either used a local or national/global action.

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the 8 markquestion on extreme environments?
    and also, for the managment of the biosphere,i talked about 3 strategies (CITIES, national parks, ramsar) none of them were in alot of detail as i just stated what all of them protect, however realised now rhat i was only supposed to talk about one managment in detail will i still get credited for it or not?

ReputationRep:
    On the 8 mark coasts i misread and thought they were talking bout flooding to make salt marshes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoony2799)
    what did people put for the eight marker on coasts?
    is it the one about conflicting views?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxmm)
    and also, for the managment of the biosphere,i talked about 3 strategies (CITIES, national parks, ramsar) none of them were in alot of detail as i just stated what all of them protect, however realised now rhat i was only supposed to talk about one managment in detail will i still get credited for it or not?
    wasn't the 8 marker on extreme environments about climate change on traditional economies???

I thought the one on national parks in battle for the biosphere or climate change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxmm)
    Yeah you will get credited as they are all relevant. What did you put for the one marker on rivers.

ReputationRep:
    What did people answer for the flood management systems for a named example and its success in rivers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malcolm mcglyn)
    I wrote about MARPOL who ensure that ships are designed better in order to limit oil spillage leaks. I also talked about MPAs which create fish nurseries which stops fishing and recreational use in this areas. Which allows more juvenile fish to reproduce as they are not being fished. I also mentioned the Law of the Sea which decreases the amount of ships entering certain oceans.
    How many marks do you think I would get for talking about Soufriere bay then a bit about international whaling laws then a bit about litter in the north pacific and that no one will take responsibility for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oen1bh)
    What did people answer for the flood management systems for a named example and its success in rivers?
    I talked about levees and dams and how the success of them relies upon the weather systems of that country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedbird129)
    Yeah you will get credited as they are all relevant. What did you put for the one marker on rivers.
    wasn't the 8 marker about traditional economies in extreme environments???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayestar)
    wasn't the 8 marker about traditional economies in extreme environments???
    That is correct

ReputationRep:
    So yes you would get the marks because you either used a local or national/global action.
    But I thought national was different to global..

ReputationRep:
    But I thought national was different to global..
    As long as you gave an example it would be fine.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you gave an example it would be fine.
    Thank You

ReputationRep:
    Thank You
    That's ok.

ReputationRep:
    for the management of the biosphere 6 marker i talked about RAMSAR but it said that it had to be national or local strategies, would i get any marks for my answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxmm)
    Same here, I don't understand how can you talk about one in so much detail.

ReputationRep:
    I think if they're being lenient then they would allow Ramsar/cites because it did specifically say national or local and I was on the verge of doing a global one too but I read the question again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    Same here, I don't understand how can you talk about one in so much detail.
    I talked about the Lalo Loor Dry Forest reserve in Equador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahyr)
    I talked about the Lalo Loor Dry Forest reserve in Equador
    Oh right lol nice :P.
    Idk man, I didn't even revise for this one - I'm happy it was easy lool.

I'm going to revise so much for Unit 2

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.