Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got 25N and 28degrees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbykebabby)
    I got 25N and 28degrees
    I got about that as well! It's because it said the angle to 16N. Other people have been saying much larger angles though...

ReputationRep:
    I got this question wrong but the rest of my class got it right. The scale was 1:2 and the so when you did it, it's 13 something

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crimson1234)
    I got this question wrong but the rest of my class got it right. The scale was 1:2 and the so when you did it, it's 13 something
    Angle was 47

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BalsamFresh)
    are there many people doing a one year course like this?

Im also worried about really high grade boundaries as its mainly those taking resits.
    I don't think grade boundaries will be as high as people think, there was only 20 marks maths and most marks are lost on writing questions...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajaxkiller)
    for the last question for the 4 mark calculation did u take into account of gpe?
    also what did u equate for Epe

so x = 0.5 mv^2 + mgh what did u use for the value of X and how did u get it
    my valuefor x was 9cm but that was the only question i knew i pretty much fuked up on.. i got 144j for work done then from that i just did 1/2mv^2 becuase i knew i needed mgh but i did not have H because i thought it was talkign about position 1 to position 3 so i wrote i comment for the question saying i assumed all el to ke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ppatel0)
    I don't think grade boundaries will be as high as people think, there was only 20 marks maths and most marks are lost on writing questions...
    yeah but the tickbox was imo easy and the written qestion were not 'suggest that' it was explain why it reaches terminal velocity or explain whythe ball rose. that question came up at least 4 times about forces on a ball or something. so maybe if u flop one of those you may have floped them all because of the similarity

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone found the unofficial mark scheme for this paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajaxkiller)
    when u did ur multiple choice questions roughly how many of your answers were B
    because i ran out of time and guessed B for all
    Ive got the paper and had a look through and 3 of them were b!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extreamedice)
    Was alright but did anyone get 144J for the boy and the pogo stick question? really confused
    i got 126 but originally i got 144. what it was is that i was using the 0.09 and then found out that i was using the gravitational energy in stead of the work done. Use 0.06 and not gravitational because it was at the point where it just extended and it hadn't left the ground yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo)
    Ive got the paper and had a look through and 3 of them were b!
    can you upload an unofficial markscheme

ReputationRep:
    The drawing of forces question messed me up but I think I some how got the right answer.
    I worked out that each 1cm square was 2N, then worked out that you needed to draw a line from the right end of the 16N line (already shown), going 5 squares up and 3.5 squares across

I then drew a line from the left end of the 16N line to the other end of the new line, which is the resultant force. I then measured the angle of this line to the 16N line, I think I got 48 degrees.

My mind then went blank, and I couldn't think how to get the magnitude of the line. So I go counted the number of squares the line went up and right (5 up 4.5 right), doubled these values to get a value in Newtons (10 N vertically, 9N horizontally), then did phythagorous to get root 181 = 13.45.. Only after doing all this, did I realise I could of used a ruler and doubled the measurement😂😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan105)
    The drawing of forces question messed me up but I think I some how got the right answer.
    I worked out that each 1cm square was 2N, then worked out that you needed to draw a line from the right end of the 16N line (already shown), going 5 squares up and 3.5 squares across

I then drew a line from the left end of the 16N line to the other end of the new line, which is the resultant force. I then measured the angle of this line to the 16N line, I think I got 48 degrees.

My mind then went blank, and I couldn't think how to get the magnitude of the line. So I go counted the number of squares the line went up and right (5 up 4.5 right), doubled these values to get a value in Newtons (10 N vertically, 9N horizontally), then did phythagorous to get root 181 = 13.45.. Only after doing all this, did I realise I could of used a ruler and doubled the measurement😂😔

some legendary method if only i got this. i got 40.9 degrees and 18.3N and i knew they were wrong because the maths i did was wrong but it was too late to stop so i kept going ahaha

ReputationRep:
    Is resolving the non 16N angle to the vertical then using pythagorus incorrect?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KINGYusuf)
    Is resolving the non 16N angle to the vertical then using pythagorus incorrect?

Posted from TSR Mobile

pretty sure it does not work because that gives you the answer i got of like 17-18N

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Konanabanana)
    can you upload an unofficial markscheme
    Im not good enough at physics to make the mark scheme but i can upload the paper?

ReputationRep:
    Im not good enough at physics to make the mark scheme but i can upload the paper?
    yeah can you upload it or send it to me privately please, that would be awesome

ReputationRep:
    upload it here please

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah defo easier than normal... I'm just saying 50 marks of writing is more than normal

ReputationRep:
    Scan and upload the paper publicly or send it to me privately as well please... 😊

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.