The Manchester United Thread XX

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Marcus Ripe Frog.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    The evidence is the number of shots he gets in a team with 40 goals, extrapolate that to the number of shots he'll have in a Mourinho team with 70+, plus the improvement from aging

Only 2 or 3 players have ever reached 30 so need to use that as a standard
    Strong extrapolation

Improvement from ageing and extrapolation from a fairly small sample size is based on hope and expectation rather than fact. Pls don't bait me anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    Strong extrapolation

Improvement from ageing and extrapolation from a fairly small sample size is based on fact and expectation rather than fact. Pls don't bait me anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    fact and expectation rather than fact

If you made a post that makes sense I might be able to give a response

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    fact and expectation rather than fact

If you made a post that makes sense I might be able to give a response
    Strong edit of my post after I edited a comma into it to make it incoherent

Thoughts on me reking u and my recent misc post

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Strong edit of my post after I edited a comma into it to make it incoherent

Thoughts on me reking u and my recent misc post

Posted from TSR Mobile
    brb edit was 2 minutes after my post

Strong extrapolation

Improvement from ageing and extrapolation from a fairly small sample size is based on hope and expectation rather than fact. Pls don't bait me anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So exactly the same as what you're doing with shot conversion lol
    Strikers generally don't maintain such a high shot conversion, they also generally get a lot better as they get older than 18 and they score more in more attacking teams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    brb edit was 2 minutes after my post

So exactly the same as what you're doing with shot conversion lol
    Strikers generally don't maintain such a high shot conversion, they also generally get a lot better as they get older than 18 and they score more in more attacking teams
    Coincidence

Which is why I'm not the one setting an estimate on his goal output, I'm just urging caution to those who already have. It's not like I'm saying he can't improve to a 30 goal a season striker (Kane is the perfect example of defying previous statistics), just that we've seen little to suggest that he will so far.

Spoiler:
    Show
    nonce

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Coincidence

Which is why I'm not the one setting an estimate on his goal output, I'm just urging caution to those who already have. It's not like I'm saying he can't improve to a 30 goal a season striker (Kane is the perfect example of defying previous statistics), just that we've seen little to suggest that he will so far.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    nonce

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You said "there's no evidence to suggest he'll be a 30 a year striker". I'm showing the evidence (not of him being a 30 a year striker as that's too high, but of being a top goalscorer).

ReputationRep:
    Enjoying this battle

<Insert black guy eating popcorn gif >

ReputationRep:
    As much as I really want moriniho to fail.. I just cant see it.

Trying to convince myself that he is past it, and wont win.. but lets be honest, I fully expect you guys to challenge for the title next season.

As long as you guys spend, and city spend.. as I am sure you both will.. then I cant see anything but:

United / City 1st + 2nd
    Gap
    Chelsea / Arsenal
    Very small Gap
    Liverpool / Spurs / Leicster / Southampton

Think chelsea will be much improved, and back to their old self, but wont really challenge for the title. Solid top4 spot though, and back to challenging for titles the season after.

Can see this being another season where the gap between 3rd and 7th is very close, with a really tight top4 race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    As much as I really want moriniho to fail.. I just cant see it.

Trying to convince myself that he is past it, and wont win.. but lets be honest, I fully expect you guys to challenge for the title next season.

As long as you guys spend, and city spend.. as I am sure you both will.. then I cant see anything but:

United / City 1st + 2nd
    Gap
    Chelsea / Arsenal
    Very small Gap
    Liverpool / Spurs / Leicster / Southampton

Think chelsea will be much improved, and back to their old self, but wont really challenge for the title. Solid top4 spot though, and back to challenging for titles the season after.

Can see this being another season where the gap between 3rd and 7th is very close, with a really tight top4 race.
    I think we will finish 4th. I have no faith in Wenger at all.

ReputationRep:
    Rashford did his chances no harm at all last night - but Hodgson maintains that Sturridge will be fit, so I think it's unlikely he'll go. But what a dream start to his England career. He took his goal really well - and Rooney's finish was blistering.

ReputationRep:
    Big clubs on this planet simply do not finish below their noisy neighbours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atom y humber)
    weak bait is weak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atom y humber)
    That Real Madrid are not a big club is an obvious corollary

ReputationRep:
    Name:  CjiW38lWsAAYeZT.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  132.6 KB

Lol, which of you said we should keep Jones on at RB, congrats, you deserve your column inches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    weak bait is weak
    Are we gonna act like Moyes wouldn't still be here if you had your way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)

Lol, which of you said we should keep Jones on at RB, congrats, you deserve your column inches.
    was me hehe, but I said Varane instead of Stones.

Stones is a fraud, and will get found out real quick (he already has been found out tho).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Name:  CjiW38lWsAAYeZT.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  132.6 KB

Trying to Jones' into a *****er version of Ivanovic is pretty much my worst nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    Trying to Jones' into a *****er version of Ivanovic is pretty much my worst nightmare.
    Not happening. Jones can't stay fit for more than 5 games.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.