The Student Room Group

F321 27th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BanterBus
Really want to know this too, I just said effervescence....

You need both points for the mark sadly
Really want to know this too, I just said effervescence....

Having done all the past papers I can say that this type of question is quite common, and it's always 2 marks, 1 for stating there will be effervescence/fizzing and the other mark for stating that the metal/solid whatever dissolves :smile:
58~, 100% ums is really something we wont know until results day. Good luck if you're aiming for it!
Counted 55-57 marks for my answers. Hoping that's enough for 95+% UMS
Original post by FluffyCommie
Having done all the past papers I can say that this type of question is quite common, and it's always 2 marks, 1 for stating there will be effervescence/fizzing and the other mark for stating that the metal/solid whatever dissolves :smile:
It's rarely two marks for an observationIMG_20160527_151739.jpg, I'm sure. Usually the second mark is for the reaction.
Original post by Goshe
I swapped the numbers to charges on the opposite ion and then balanced it out.

it was ionic compound so you had to draw the outermost electrons of P bonded with 3 other electrons provided by Ca... 2 P atoms and 3 Ca atoms
For the table in the first question, I got the whole table correct except for the relative mass of an electron, I stated it was negligible. Would I only get 1 mark for this or do you think they would accept negligible as an answer?
Reply 146
My tutor said
Na
Si or P
F
I think you had to be more specific... But i am not sure you actually can't predict what is on OCR mark scheme but yea I wrote 1/2000
Could 55/60 be 86 UMS? i need 86 ums for an A in AS level :frown: it was last year hopefully it stays the same
Guys I answered 0.12g for the calc as opposed to 0.120 messed up 3sf - You think i will still get 3/4 or lose more than the answer mark? so annoyed !
Original post by student.1997
Would I get the mark for putting dumb-bell shaped instead of dumbbell shaped for the shape of a p orbital? I didn't realise it was one word

Definitely - they spell it 'dumb-bell' in the textbook!
Also "bent-linear" for a mark? - Think I might have made that up!
Original post by student.1997
For the question about what you would see in the reaction between ZnCO3 and HCl would you get the mark if you only put fizzing and didn't mention about the solid dissolving?

No probably not because questions like this on previous papers required both observations for the mark :/
does anyone know if i would get the mark for putting sulphur(VI) fluoride?? :frown:
Original post by seph_muriel
That's how I answered:

Bromine water and calcium iodide - mixture turns purple
Bromine water and barium chloride - mixture turns orange
Iodine and barium chloride - mixture turns purple

Br2 (aq) + 2I- (aq) ---> 2Br- (aq) + I2(aq)

i think last 2 are wrong cuz Br cannot displace Cl- ions and I2 cannot displace Br- ions due to electronegativity difference... so there will no reaction in last 2 test tubes...
looking on the all answers I'm dropping 11 marks for sure :bawling:... i wrote calcium carbonate for alkali that can neutralize acid soil cuz in book they mentioned that... i am not sure would it be right or wrong :frown:
would you get the mark for putting simple molecular structure rather than simple molecular lattice?
I think so Cuz in book it says simple molecular
i wrote sulphur (VI) fluoride??? any chances of me getting marks??
Original post by A_Levels
does anyone know if i would get the mark for putting sulphur(VI) fluoride?? :frown:

that's what i wrote.. let me know if its acceptable to write that if u find out..

Quick Reply