Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marc_ken)
    I think it should be
    It should be low, even though i didnt find it difficult but more than half of our class messed it up, i dont know how but i have to agree with them the style of question was bit different compare to old chemistry exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatIsSleep)
    I thought it'd be grey/black solid since iodine isn't a liquid at room temp (in fact it doesn't really exist as a liquid)?? idk though
    I wasn't completely sure either. But I thought the potassium iodide is in solution other wise the reaction won't work. Like we can't just get two solids and have them react together without them being in solution. So then I used my knowledge that iodine in solution is brown. Not sure though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SM-)
    You covert the Mr to kg from g then divide by avagrados constant so mass of one particle found, then you just sub into equation
    Yeah, I did all the that but its the just the velocity idk why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sajanet)
    how many marks was this question with the barium sulphate?
    It was 5 marks I believe. 1 marks for the precipitate and 4 marks for the calculation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaVinciGirl)
    It was 5 marks I believe. 1 marks for the precipitate and 4 marks for the calculation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fairly sure it was 4 marks, but what was the calculation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    That's unlikely! Don't forget to count in method marks
    Sorry do you mean that I should be more generous in how much I thing I lost on marks? What I usually do is over exaggerate how many marks I got wrong so I won't be too disappointed in exam results day. If I get more than I expect to get then it's good for me :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M0nkey Thunder)
    Fairly sure it was 4 marks, but what was the calculation?
    I'm not that sure. Maybe someone else can reassure what mark it was. The calculation was about what's the percentage of magnesium chloride in the mixture of powders I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry do you mean that I should be more generous in how much I thing I lost on marks? What I usually do is over exaggerate how many marks I got wrong so I won't be too disappointed in exam results day. If I get more than I expect to get then it's good for me :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oops yup haha sorry it came out a little wrong!! I got around that too, lost around 10+ (Not counting method marks ) seems like you did fine on most questions though, so don't worry! Most annoying thing is when you know how to do the question and your method is correct, but you plug in a wrong number somewhere sigh smh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saahil0987)
    Yeah, I did all the that but its the just the velocity idk why
    You should have multiplied the energy by 2 then divide by the mass. Then you square root it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonblazer11)
    also, what percentage did u guys get for the question with magnesium and barium chloride
    Quite a lot of people got 33% or around that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not that sure. Maybe someone else can reassure what mark it was. The calculation was about what's the percentage of magnesium chloride in the mixture of powders I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup 4

ReputationRep:
    Damn, lost around 17-22 marks. I'm going to have to do a lot better on the second paper if I want an A...

ReputationRep:
    How much was the whole paper out of? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    It won't be below 80% unfortunately.
    I dont think it would be that high cause this paper was nothing like the past papers and it was super hard. So hopefully they will be low.
    Oh well who knows 😯

ReputationRep:
    How much was the whole paper out of? :/
    80 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inteha)
    80 marks
    Thank you
    Do you remember how many marks the multiple choice was? I was thinking 10, like the specimen papers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    Do you remember how many marks the multiple choice was? I was thinking 10, like the specimen papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    thank youuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna1909)
    Do you reckon 50/80 will be a C? 😁🙏🏻
    Should be - it's above 60% and I doubt a C will be higher than that: it will likely be slightly lower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonblazer11)
    what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be? And how much makrs was the question about Br 2+ woth, where u had to draw it etc
    I think grade boundaries will be standard (80% A, 70% B etc.) or lower.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.