Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    So this is how 3C will be structured (99%) sure based on patterns

40 Markers:
    Race -> something on the Obama administration on immigration (?)
    Elections -> electoral college needs replacing
    Pressure Groups -> Whether PG's are good or bad for democracy/elitism/pluralism

15 Markers:
    Parties -> Party faction question
    Parties -> Which groups of votors tend to vote for Rep's/Dems
    Race -> Ethnic makeup of federal government question
    Elections -> invisible primary
    Pressure Groups -> factors which give PG's success/how they influence the senate
    which qs is likely for the invisible primary one? btw thanks for this. much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Probably something along the lines of how significant is it.
    Another question could be on the National Party Convention; what are it's roles and if it's still important today

ReputationRep:
    I'm so pushed for time I'm essentially starting now and I'm terrified but honestly I'm just going to do a million essay plans, highlight all the examples too and just memorise them because I don't feel like there is time for writing extensive notes (maybe just read some) I'm also only doing three topics from each exam albeit risky there's just no time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imaaniee)
    I'm so pushed for time I'm essentially starting now and I'm terrified but honestly I'm just going to do a million essay plans, highlight all the examples too and just memorise them because I don't feel like there is time for writing extensive notes (maybe just read some) I'm also only doing three topics from each exam albeit risky there's just no time...
    I imagine you know which topics you aren't covering, but my teacher suggested not doing Elections from 3C.

1. The evidence isn't hugely applicable outside of the topic itself, unlike most other topics.
    2. There's lots of facts and figures to learn in the topic itself that can only be applied to their respective areas. I.e. You can't really use data on primaries in a congressional election question or a national convention question.

If you're great are remembering stats and data go right ahead though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hann18)
    when doing the 15 markers my teachers have said i need to do four paragraphs, do you think i would be able to do three as I'm under time pressure, or is four the standard? i just don't want to be penalised for not doing four
    to get 14/15 marks its best to 4 paragraphs so that it shows you've looked at both side. my teacher has told me to do it this way
    PEEAL:
    Point
    Explanation
    Evidence
    Analysis (the significance, basically answering the question e.g. this shows that pressure groups influenfe the SC by test briefings because....)
    Link

ReputationRep:
    I tend to do 3 paragraphs but if it asks for advantages and disadvantages, I'll do 4 so I can look at both sides equally

ReputationRep:
    What's the structure for the 45 marker?

ReputationRep:
    I think that something on party factions will definitely come up as a 15 marker, and maybe about National party conventions and the invisible primary too.

Any predictions for the Elections 45 marker other than reforming the electoral college? also any predictions for the pressure groups 45 marker?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 24Uout)
    to get 14/15 marks its best to 4 paragraphs so that it shows you've looked at both side. my teacher has told me to do it this way
    PEEAL:
    Point
    Explanation
    Evidence
    Analysis (the significance, basically answering the question e.g. this shows that pressure groups influenfe the SC by test briefings because....)
    Link
    Yeah my teacher said that too! okay thank you i will do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romaiseb)
    I usually do 3-4 points for and 3 points against with a brief introduction and conclusion! I structure it for/against/for/against/for/against.

For the introduction briefly outline any key terms and what you will be arguing in the essay. In the conclusion just reinforce the points you have made and finish with a summary sentence.

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romaiseb)
    for the top marks its 3 arguments for and 3 against:
    Point
    Explanation
    Evidence
    Analaysis (how its significant it is /answer the question)
    Link

if you can link your arguments for and against and put them in importance order e.g.
    most important ......

however, it can be argued that...

significantly

on the other hand it can be argued that

crucially....

but...

in conclusion

i hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonesyA0)
    I usually do 3-4 points for and 3 points against with a brief introduction and conclusion! I structure it for/against/for/against/for/against.

For the introduction briefly outline any key terms and what you will be arguing in the essay. In the conclusion just reinforce the points you have made and finish with a summary sentence.

Hope that helps!
    See i dont know if it is just me but I always feel like ive done a weak essay if i end my essay with an 'against my judgement' paragraph!

Thanks though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nta786)
    See i dont know if it is just me but I always feel like ive done a weak essay if i end my essay with an 'against my judgement' paragraph!

Thanks though!
    I forgot to say but if you are arguing 'for' something at the end of every 'against' paragraph you could explain why your argument 'for' is a stronger point.

For example, if you were arguing for pressure groups promoting democracy an against paragraph could be on iron triangles and narrow interest, but at the end of the paragraph you could say, despite this iron triangles have shown to enhance democracy as a triangle with an 'armed forces' pressure group does aid democracy as it represents minorities in society and ensures their interests are heard, meaning that in some instances pressure groups do promote democracy through iron triangles.
    (that was such a BAD example but do you get what i mean??)

ReputationRep:
    If anyone wants my notes of what ever else, here's a link to my google drive folder which you should be able to view. If you don't have google drive, get it, it's amazing. I've had a couple of people ask me to email the notes, but I'm running out of time to do that so you should be able to access them all here. I don't think it'll let you download them though, it should let you print them but the format will be a bit screwed, but the content is all there. If you click the pop-out button it should re-format it to how I wrote it and it will print better though.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...G8&usp=sharing

Just copy and paste that and you should be able to access everything I've done in terms of notes,essay plans and examples.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    can anyone please give me three quick points about Democratic/Republican values?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakuraasakii)
    can anyone please give me three quick points about Democratic/Republican values?
    Name:  IMG_1450.jpeg
Views: 143
Size:  493.1 KBAttachment 547839547841Attachment 547839547841547840[attach]5.478395478415478e+23[/attach]
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakuraasakii)
    Democratic values:
    - Big government, obamacare, fiscal stimulus etc
    - Social liberalism, Manchin Toomey amendment, gay rights and the legalisation of gay marriage (don't ask, don't tell repealed ) pro choice
    - Dove foreign policy e.g prefer diplomacy instead of engaging war, many Democrats such as nancy pelosi were against Iraq, Democrats and Obama have attempted to restore relations with Russia and Cuba

Republican values
    - Small government, strongly opposed fiscal stimulus and Obamacare, believe in freedom from the federal government and that power should be vested with the states
    - Social conservatism, pro guns, pro life e.g Mexico city policy, Bush's ban on stem cell research, Rick Santorum said he would ban abortion even in the cases of rape
    - Hawk foreign policy, Iraq, supported Afghanistan and Libya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plast12)
    If anyone wants my notes of what ever else, here's a link to my google drive folder which you should be able to view. If you don't have google drive, get it, it's amazing. I've had a couple of people ask me to email the notes, but I'm running out of time to do that so you should be able to access them all here. I don't think it'll let you download them though, it should let you print them but the format will be a bit screwed, but the content is all there. If you click the pop-out button it should re-format it to how I wrote it and it will print better though.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...G8&usp=sharing

Just copy and paste that and you should be able to access everything I've done in terms of notes,essay plans and examples.

Good luck!
    thank you so much! good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think success of immigration reform under the obama administration may come up as a 45 marker for race?

ReputationRep:
    Republican ideology:
    Pro Life
    Fiscal Conservatives
    Small Government

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.