Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Yes I support gay marriage.Its there choice who they marry and like.

ReputationRep:
    Every day there's always a thread on gay marriage/gay rights/homosexuality etc... and it's always igniting the same responses.
    People are gonna disagree with it because they're either trolls/insanely religious/believe it threatens their human rights/whatever.
    I think we should just leave it there.

ReputationRep:
    Neutral on the most part but I disagree that churches are forced to wed gay couples when they don't to or that christian individuals/business are forced to actively support homosexuality when they don't want to. It shows how easy it is to step on Christianity in England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beat)
    Every day there's always a thread on gay marriage/gay rights/homosexuality etc... and it's always igniting the same responses.
    People are gonna disagree with it because they're either trolls/insanely religious/believe it threatens their human rights/whatever.
    I think we should just leave it there.
    110% agree.

ReputationRep:
    Lord Gaben doesn't support Straight marriage, because it goes against his faith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eigo-Jin)
    Neutral on the most part but I disagree that churches are forced to wed gay couples when they don't to or that christian individuals/business are forced to actively support homosexuality when they don't want to. It shows how easy it is to step on Christianity in England.
    That's not true. Churches in England have the right to say no to performing gay marriages and the business issue is not really unreasonable. Businesses should leave their beliefs at the door. You say "actively support" like it's some kind of movement or something - it's not. It's a disposition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    110% agree.
    And then of course there's the people who believe in 'straight pride', etc. It's ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beat)
    And then of course there's the people who believe in 'straight pride', etc. It's ridiculous!
    Oh, God. Exactly! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You're guessing that. There's no propf for it. And that still does not validate a claim that they are the same.
    Would you support the legalisation of these types of marriages though, just out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    I know it is already legal in the UK but I was wondering what people thought about the issue.
    No I am completely against gay marriage! It is not normal for a start. I don't really have much against gay people themselves but why allow something like gay marriage ruin traditional values and traditional wedding values

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    Would you support the legalisation of these types of marriages though, just out of interest?
    No.

(Original post by samklipas0)
    No I am completely against gay marriage! It is not normal for a start. I don't really have much against gay people themselves but why allow something like gay marriage ruin traditional values and traditional wedding values
    Well, for a start, it's perfectly normal and natural. Furthermore, grow up - you probably don't give a toss about tradition.

ReputationRep:
    I'm against.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    Then your argument of equal rights has no substance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    Then your argument of equal rights has no substance.
    Gay rights you mean? Yes, it does lmfao. Doesn't mean I believe in complete equality in all aspects - I'm not communist.

ReputationRep:
    Fully support gay marriage, never seen a good arguement against it.

ReputationRep:
    Gay rights you mean? Yes, it does lmfao. Doesn't mean I believe in complete equality in all aspects - I'm not communist.
    So you believe in equality, but only if it suits you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    So you believe in equality, but only if it suits you?
    Not at all. Do you believe in your rights as a human being and that that should be equal to the rights women and men of other races should have? Yes? Well, you're doing the same thing aren't you. Saying okay to some and nay to others.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely support it - in the same way as I don't believe anyone should be discriminated against on the grounds of race or gender, I don't believe sexuality should play a part in deciding whether a couple is allowed to be married.

I have yet to understand what is wrong with polygamy.

And no, I don't believe in animal-human marriage unless there is full consent from both animal and human.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Yes!

I challenge anyone against gay marriage to watch the video of their wedding -

How could anyone be against that? Why would you want to deny them of happiness when it doesn't affect you in the slightest, no-one's forcing you to get married to someone of the same sex or go to a same sex marriage.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. Do you believe in your rights as a human being and that that should be equal to the rights women and men of other races should have? Yes? Well, you're doing the same thing aren't you. Saying okay to some and nay to others.
    Inequality is a fact of life. I am not against it, I just accept it as it is. We aren't all equal and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.