Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Again whats with non muslims taking things out of cotext....

there are stipluations required and principles when treating a "slave".
    I've taken nothing out of context. The member to whom I was replying had disputed that slavery is at all permissible in Islam, so I cited a website that enjoys some popularity with other Muslim members I've spoken to that explains that it is permissible. The prescribed treatment of slaves is irrelevant to the question of whether slavery is permissible in the first place.

This term slave is completely out of context and is not in the sense of what you think, they arent oppressed and treated with kidness dingity like that of another human being.
    A slave is quite simply defined as a person who is the legal property of another person. Whatever provisions there are for their kind treatment and dignity are not relevant to the question of whether or not they are slaves. A slavemaster who treats his slaves well doesn't cease to be his slavemaster, however sentimentally he may feel towards his slaves.

If you feel that the term 'slave' does not do justice to the Islamic concept of slavery, you're free to question why they haven't invented a different word for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mjcal1)
    Leave him. He basically said paedophillia is ok as long as they go through puberty. Marriages can happen before it though.

No point arguing tbh. We believe it's wrong, he believes it's right.
    Pedophilia is defined as the fantasy or act of sexual activity with prepubescent children.

Do you not understand comprehension... Or are you as ignorant as you are stupid. Where did i say there was sexual relations between the two... I explicitly said at the time it was the norm to marry young to build a bond and relationship PROVIDED they were at age of puberty and had gained the approval of the parents....

(Original post by Mjcal1)
    Leave him. He basically said paedophillia is ok as long as they go through puberty. Marriages can happen before it though.

No point arguing tbh. We believe it's wrong, he believes it's right.
    You're probably right. I shall stop replying to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    I've taken nothing out of context. The member to whom I was replying had disputed that slavery is at all permissible in Islam, so I cited a website that enjoys some popularity with other Muslim members I've spoken to that explains that it is permissible. The prescribed treatment of slaves is irrelevant to the question of whether slavery is permissible in the first place.

A slave is quite simply defined as a person who is the legal property of another person. Whatever provisions there are for their kind treatment and dignity are not relevant to the question of whether or not they are slaves. A slavemaster who treats his slaves well doesn't cease to be his slavemaster, however sentimentally he may feel towards his slaves.

If you feel that the term 'slave' does not do justice to the Islamic concept of slavery, you're free to question why they haven't invented a different word for it.
    Not really at the time there were reasons given for slavery such as not being able to pay debt, the term slavery was used rather than servant because they are "owe" something, so they work for the "master" to earn their freedom, and this was a last resort if other things couldnt be met to settle any "debt" poverty or other needs. This doesnt mean the person owns the slave, they have all the rights to a free man and are treated as such.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macsalaama)
    Zeus, Odin, Amun, Vishnu, Allah etc
    There are so many Gods to choose from.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice comment...
    But, The QURAN is the only holy book which has remained the same since it has been brought down. There are things mentioned in the Quran which scientists are proving now. The major signs have begun...

All i'm saying is, please have a look into the religion of Islam. It will grant you Paradise.

Thank me later lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Many ex-Muslims feel much better after they leave and say it's one of the best decisions of their lives so no, not necessarily lost at all.
    How can one leave their own religion that they're born into...
    Clearly they aren't loyal to anything then.

Crazy double standards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by libby12345)

Crazy double standards.
    What a ridiculous comment! A wise Jedi once said: "Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

People that have been indoctrinated since birth and have the mental intelligence and physical courage to leave should be praised for doing so. Instead of caving in to the hive-mind.

This is why Germany is still so self-hating since WW2.. Because everyone there, ESPECIALLY the adults had a chance to stand up and say no, to go out and seek the truth for themselves, but they did not, instead they caved in, allowed one man to think on behalf of many, and look at what happened.

I'm not comparing Organized Religion to Nazism in its actions, however i am comparing Nazism to an organised religion in how it indoctrinates young people.

I'm proud that my parents gave me a choice, so what if i'm un-christened? Do i believe in limbo? Hell-no.

I'll leave you with this: How can a parent expect their child to think independently when the child, the parent, the grandparent have all been following from the same ideology....in your previous post you mentioned about how Islam has kept things the same....as if that is a good thing, when actually if you'll look Christianity (which i find equally disheartening) has made some impressive (if-still-not-far-enough) reforms in a general direction aimed at modernization. Islam should follow suit, hey it may even earn back some of those former-believers?

Best regards and peace to you.
    Francis.

PS: And if anyone even dares to call me an Islamaphobe i'll go nuclear. I teach at a school with students from all backgrounds, and i'm proud that i work with some very intelligent Islamic students too. What i like about them is how because they're at a modern secondary they are being taught the skills if critical thinking so it gives them a chance to question their religion and either continue following it if they choose to or to leave.

Personally i don't care if they leave or stay in Islam, it's irrelevant, as by all people as well as religions, i judge them on their actions. And on that count, both Christianity, Islam and Judaeism have a lot to answer for.

ReputationRep:
    okay... i understand what youre saying. That isn't my point. All i'm saying is that i respect all religions. i believe in prophet Jesus, Muhammad, Moses... etc. But, there's just one God. You can't deny the holy book. Things from the book are being proved by scientists now... how can stuff that was written 1400 years ago be so accurate? please look into the religion of Islam itself...
    i dont hate anyone who doesnt follow the religion, but just say look into it.
    can't you see why there's so much hate against the religion ?! because the west knows that this is the true religion. you will see for it yourself one day.

i'm just trying to help
    sorry if youre offended, i dont mean to offend anyone

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a big penis?

ReputationRep:
    Nice comment...
    But, The QURAN is the only holy book which has remained the same since it has been brought down. There are things mentioned in the Quran which scientists are proving now. The major signs have begun...

All i'm saying is, please have a look into the religion of Islam. It will grant you Paradise.

Thank me later lol
    The Quran is filled with Scientific inaccuracies.
    Many scholars have understood this and now claim the Quran should not be used for explaining scientific phenomenon.

Don't use it as a science book.
    Disrespectful to science.

can't you see why there's so much hate against the religion ?! because the west knows that this is the true religion.
    This makes no sense whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Do you have a big penis?
    get off this forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thanbir.33)
    get off this forum
    LOL he said AMA. I won't be told what to do by a 16 yr old kid.

ReputationRep:
    Many ex-Muslims feel much better after they leave and say it's one of the best decisions of their lives so no, not necessarily lost at all.
    Likewise, the people who revert to islam also feel content, the following is an anecdote of a woman from america who reverted to islam (i'll try to write it to the best i can remember) in brief
    the woman was a person who was a sort of health fanatic, she was from the california side and she did spend some time in the sun wearing a bikini.
    she herself had said that she was uncomfortable with all those beach-goers staring at her. after she became a muslim she decided to wear the hijab.
    this tims she said she felt better because people never looked at her in the same way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    LOL he said AMA. I won't be told what to do by a 16 yr old kid.
    at least i'm decent enough to not ask something so vulgar and barbaric

how is it even related to this forum
    if you're gonna answer don't say something childish

ReputationRep:
    okay... i understand what youre saying. That isn't my point. All i'm saying is that i respect all religions. i believe in prophet Jesus, Muhammad, Moses... etc. But, there's just one God. You can't deny the holy book. Things from the book are being proved by scientists now... how can stuff that was written 1400 years ago be so accurate? please look into the religion of Islam itself...
    i dont hate anyone who doesnt follow the religion, but just say look into it.
    can't you see why there's so much hate against the religion ?! because the west knows that this is the true religion. you will see for it yourself one day.

i'm just trying to help
    sorry if youre offended, i dont mean to offend anyone
    I would love to believe, i honestly would. To know that my rotten, insignificant life is worth a dime, to know that someone out there is looking out for me despite all the stuff that's come my and my family's way.

Truly, honestly, it must be liberating to have 100% assurance of belief that your soul will be saved and you will be rewarded for eternity as long as you follow the right path. Unfortunately my cynical brain will not allow me to do so.

Please don't feel as if i'm mocking you because i'm not. Believing in something absolutely must be a beautiful thing, i've seen the looks on peoples faces in church before, especially pentecostal churches. Yet God hasn't found me yet.

Best regards
    Francis.

ReputationRep:

Crazy double standards.
    I ask this in the nicest possible way, but have you been living under a rock? People leave their birth religion all the time, this seriously can't be the first time you've heard about it, can it?

And why should it have anything to do with loyalty? If the individual no longer finds truth or sense in the religion then they should do the normal thing and leave it.

Where are the double standards? I think you're just throwing that phrase around without knowing what it means.

I ask this in the nicest possible way, but have you been living under a rock? People leave their birth religion all the time, this seriously can't be the first time you've heard about it, can it?
    The idea of a 'birth religion' doesn't really make sense to me.

ReputationRep:
    Because he made his account just recent and this is his first thread.... Why would he need to tell someone hes an ex muslim.... normally people ask for help or ask opinions on thigs hes literally just said im an ex muslim.... Clearly a moron trying to get more people to agree with nonsensical points about Islam
    False, that's a baseless assumption you've made. There's an active ex-Muslim on here (Cobalt_) who said his first post was also saying he was an ex-Muslim. So are you going to accuse him of being a troll too when he's still here on TSR?

That doesnt even make sense nor can there be multiple Gods, the definition of a God is all powerful having multiple Gods contradicts the very nature of a God.
    It doesn't make sense to you, but it makes sense to polytheists. And to them it doesn't make sense for there to be only one god.

ReputationRep:
    False, that's a baseless assumption you've made. There's an active ex-Muslim on here (Cobalt_) who said his first post was also saying he was an ex-Muslim. So are you going to accuse him of being a troll too when he's still here on TSR?

It doesn't make sense to you, but it makes sense to polytheists. And to them it doesn't make sense for there to be only one god.
    CAPTAINSHAZAM

Yup. My first thread was "I'm an ex muslim AMA" and i've been active ever since.
    I don't get why its difficult for some Muslims to comprehend people leaving Islam. Grow up and get over it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.