Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone on TSR have above average intelligence? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've lost a few brain cells since joining this site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KloppOClock)
    its amazing how in this thread everyone seems to have 125+IQ
    It's always the case with any Internet discussion of IQ. One may conclude such threads attract intelligent people or maybe just people with self-esteem issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    It's always the case with any Internet discussion of IQ. One may conclude such threads attract intelligent people or maybe just people with self-esteem issues.
    so which are you?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because although I find it hard to sit down and do stuff an be productive, whenever I get involved in a topic I learn a heckuva lot of things in a short amount of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacarch12)
    Recall of information doesn't make you intelligent.
    If you get a better grade than you are. =) Isn't that the whole point of exams, a test of intelligent to see if you are trainable enough for a good job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allergic2Cyanide)
    If you get a better grade than you are. =) Isn't that the whole point of exams, a test of intelligent to see if you are trainable enough for a good job.
    But it is just recall of information, how in any way does being able to recall something make you intelligent? Would you say in 20 years time your intelligence had declined because you failed to recall what was in the exam 20 years ago?

No you wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacarch12)
    But it is just recall of information, how in any way does being able to recall something make you intelligent? Would you say in 20 years time your intelligence had declined because you failed to recall what was in the exam 20 years ago?

No you wouldn't.
    So what does make you intelligent then?

ReputationRep:
    Well I hope I have an average intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    Well I hope I have an average intelligence.
    Most likely.

ReputationRep:

yay im an smart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waifuism)

yay im an smart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    I'm a genius because I said so :smug:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    oh, and maybe getting A/A*'s at GCSE without revising too :sexface: (that's right, feel my arrogance)
    Getting an A/A* at GCSE without revision is like beating a 6 year old in a fight without practice. ****'s easy, don't be so smug because that attitude is going to screw you over in later stages of education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoePFR)
    Getting an A/A* at GCSE without revision is like beating a 6 year old in a fight without practice. ****'s easy, don't be so smug because that attitude is going to screw you over in later stages of education.
    I agree with you ~

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.