Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    i wonder if constitution will be the 40 marker or parliament
    (Original post by mollyadtr)
    Do you know what it was last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Last 3 years has been sources question. I'd put my money on it being a 40 marker this year. Something about the need for a codified constitution/strengths of ours or post-2010 reform

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what it was last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PM & Parliament were 40 markers

constitution hasn't been a 40 marker for a while tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelpain)
    Last 3 years has been sources question. I'd put my money on it being a 40 marker this year. Something about the need for a codified constitution/strengths of ours or post-2010 reform
    what are your predictions for parliament 25 marker or PM

ReputationRep:
    what are your predictions for parliament 25 marker or PM
    Effectiveness of backbench MPs, limited effectiveness of Parliament or wholly elected HoL for topic 2

Topic 3: PM power I reckon or how important is cabinet

ReputationRep:
    PM & Parliament were 40 markers

constitution hasn't been a 40 marker for a while tbh
    Oh then yeah I totally bet money with you, reform might not be that bad...just have to have a lot of reforms to talk about

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Effectiveness of backbench MPs, limited effectiveness of Parliament or wholly elected HoL for topic 2

Topic 3: PM power I reckon or how important is cabinet
    im fuming

i can't believe i haven't been taught all this or it isn't in my book..like i have literally wasted a year. God help me on thursday lol

effectiveness of parliament

is that talking about the functions?

ReputationRep:
    Oh then yeah I totally bet money with you, reform might not be that bad...just have to have a lot of reforms to talk about

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what reform? HOL?

ReputationRep:
    im fuming

i can't believe i haven't been taught all this or it isn't in my book..like i have literally wasted a year. God help me on thursday lol

effectiveness of parliament

is that talking about the functions?
    Yeah basically, how effectively it carries out its functions, although that question was recently so probably not but worth doing just in case

ReputationRep:
    Yeah basically, how effectively it carries out its functions, although that question was recently so probably not but worth doing just in case
    so you talk about scrutiny, legislation, selection & training of ministers etc...? i know it sounds stupid but I am almost in tears here LOL
    The book that I rely on is just useless.

ReputationRep:
    what reform? HOL?
    No literal any constitutional reforms like devolution, reform of the lords and commons, foi, echr, mintroduction of Supreme Court all that kinda stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you need to know about the reforms blair, brown, clegg and cameron made to parliament?

ReputationRep:
    so you talk about scrutiny, legislation, selection & training of ministers etc...? i know it sounds stupid but I am almost in tears here LOL
    The book that I rely on is just useless.
    For real check out the parliament PowerPoint I send you, it's got all of that in it if you're worried about it, I guarantee if you look at it you'll make yourself feel better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No literal any constitutional reforms like devolution, reform of the lords and commons, foi, echr, mintroduction of Supreme Court all that kinda stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    im deffo gonna fail this

wait what is the qu we are talking about i am confused.

ReputationRep:
    Do you need to know about the reforms blair, brown, clegg and cameron made to parliament?
    I don't think you need to know who introduced them before Cameron, just post 2010 it's obvious who introduced them- coalition gov and now stand alone cameron

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    im deffo gonna fail this

wait what is the qu we are talking about i am confused.
    If the 40
    Mark is on constitutional reforms or if they have been successes or failures.. Something along those lines?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If the 40
    Mark is on constitutional reforms or if they have been successes or failures.. Something along those lines?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh so you talk about all the reforms made post 2010

so things like fixed term parliament ?

ReputationRep:
    So much to cover in such little time

I dunno if I'll be able to do well in this exam. The only topic which I at least have an idea of answering is PMs & Cabinet. The rest is confusing!

ReputationRep:
    oh so you talk about all the reforms made post 2010

so things like fixed term parliament ?
    Yeah if it specifically says post 2010 reforms otherwise you can mention any reforms...look at the pictures I attached above from the politics review, it's got the evasion of post 2010 constitutional reforms

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKStudent17)
    So much to cover in such little time

I dunno if I'll be able to do well in this exam. The only topic which I at least have an idea of answering is PMs & Cabinet. The rest is confusing!
    If ya want my powerpoints I've got for constitution and parliament to help you look back through the thread (it won't take only its on the other page) and I attached them to someone else who needed them too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.