Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Look at the EU sanctions against Russia, they are harming some EU countries like France.

The French senate recently voted in support of a resolution to lift the sanctions but it wont do any good.

EU dictates all..

I also wonder why they want sanctions when they've shown to be ineffective, and harm EU members. Does the EU simply take orders from Washington? because we know that is where the sanctions originate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    Paranoid much?
    Paranoid?
    My friend, these are objective truths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    Paranoid?
    My friend, these are objective truths.
    Yes.

But you make it sound like that pretty soon the UK parliament is rendered useless and Brussels decides everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    By "single biggest **** up" do you mean "smallest recession on record", as predicted by the Treasury?
    Source please.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    To people who say all economists think that Brexit is bad just remember this:

(Original post by BBC)
    And an online survey of economists for The Observer showed 88% of those who responded believed that EU withdrawal would be damaging for the UK economy. There was a 17% response rate to the survey, from 639 economists.
    Just remember that only roughly 109 out of 639 economists responded to the online survey. And that out of the 109 that responded, roughly only 96 out of 109 believed that we should stay in the EU.

My point is, that 530 economists didn't even respond to the survey in the first place, this doesn't give us a broad view of what economists say. Therefore you can't say "most" economists believe leaving isn't the best option because there was a small turnout in the people who responded which is unrepresentative.

There are economists like Economists For Brexit who want to leave the EU, there could be more. So saying that 88% of economists believe that leaving would be bad is deceptive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nurne)
    Source please.
    https://youtu.be/veVtOjsRzzA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    If you want to so blatantly contradict yourself, fine. I will no longer humor you.
    Europe =/= the European Union

Now bye bye.

ReputationRep:
    Vote Leave, fight the dictatorship head on!

ReputationRep:
    Remain camp are a disgrace...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)

ReputationRep:
    Vote Leave, fight the dictatorship head on!
    Deary me. You lot are a cringey bunch with huge amounts of msiplaced anger.

Time for you lot to grow up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This statement is a disgrace. Why do you think were even having a debate? were having a debate because its a difficult decision and just because their are people who support remain doesn't make it a disgrace.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.