Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why did God allow 50 innocent people to get murdered? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Why are you still mentioning the meaning of Allah and its relation to the English word God!? Why are you bickering with me about semantics?! I've moved passed that and everything else seems to be flying over your head! I already said to you I said Allah sarcastically to refer to people confusing Christianity's God with Islam's because the man who did this probably speaks Arabic since he reads the Quran. That is it! Why are you still talking about the word?

ANYWAY as I SAID this man is Islamic so why is anyone talking about Christianity?! And I never said you DENIED he was Islamic! I asked if you even were AWARE because if you are then AGAIN WHICH 10 commandments are you on about?! You STILL haven't answered! You want to deflect with stubbornness and aggression like I'm going to forget what I asked you that YOU STILL FAIL to simply answer! You just want to be defensive about the goddamn word Allah to pretend like you know something, which I already explained why I used it, it was satirical!

Again which 10 commandments? And WHY are we talking about Christianity when this man answers to a totally different God? If you have the answer, share and then go away. Don't keep yelling about the word! I never put any word in your mouth!? Can you read?! I never said you said he is Christian! I asked are you aware he's NOT. And thus Christianity is IRRELEVANT. That's it, you're lost. You have no idea what the conversation is, you have poor reading comprehension, and you didn't even bother to read the article. You just want to say RIP for reps and beg for follows. That's fine but don't hack the conversation with you ignorance and then shoot insults at me that you can't justify or explain.
    I NEVER KNEW there was a difference between the commandments IN ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY . I thought they were similiar but worded differently. OK!!
    CALM DOWN you said I CAN'T READ?! YOUR THE ONE WHO ASKED ME IF I'M AWARE THE MAN WAS ISLAMIC. I SIMPLY SAID YES I'M AWARE. YOU MADE OUT AS IF I DID'NT KNOW HENCE MAKING ME MAD.
    STOP ATTACKING MY COMPREHENSION SKILLS ITS CLEAR YOU ARE USING IT AS A LOOP HOLE TO ESCAPE THIS ARGUMENT.
    JUST LEAVE ME IN PEACE!
    YOU QUOTE ME TWICE ! FIRING INSULTS A T ME MAKING ME SEEM AS IF I'M STUPID. IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE I'M NOT WORTH YOUR TIME AND ARGUMENT THAN STOP QUOTING ME.
    I WOULD NEVER SAY RIP IF I NEVER MEANT SO SHUT UP!
    REPS?! :laugh: MATE U THINK I'M BEGGING FOR PEOPLE TO PRESS A SIMPLE GREEN BUTTON? WELL YOUR MISTAKEN!
    PLZ CRAWL BACK INTO YOUR ISOLATED BOX AND ACTUALLY BREATH 3 TIMES BEFORE YOU START TYPING AND RANTING AFTER EVERYPOST MAD BY PrincessBO$$, if you CAN'T THEN I SUGGEST YOU DON'T POST

DON'T EXPECT ME TO REPLY TO ANY MORE OF YOUR WRETCHED QUOTES OF 'WHAT I SAID'
    Spoiler:
    Show
    WOW!! BEFORE I EVEN FINISHED TYPING BLOODY THIS POST YOU ALREADY TAGGED ME

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    If he exists, why did he allow the American mass shooting to happen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He who? There are several different monotheistic religions who praise a god in their language. It's not like there is a United Nations for gods, where they all discuss in the sky when murder is ok. Since this man murdered these people as an Islamic martyr, ask Islamic people and Muslims why THEIR god didn't step in.

ReputationRep:
    Why do we live in a world where there is so much hate and ignorance?

ReputationRep:
    I refuse to believe that God exists. Because if they do (I have trouble believing that God would exist within concepts such as male and female), then surely a more cruel being has never existed. 49 good people are dead and so I ask those who believe: "Where is your God now?" because there is nothing that can be said to justify God's lack of intervention in Orlando, in all of the wars that there have ever been, and if God makes us in their own image, why are so many of us diseased, cells growing out of control, our own bodies failing, why do children die and why are they buried in tiny coffins, why are there sadists who would kill and hurt us, why were women burned at the stake for being witches, why are people still enslaved like animals in some countries? All because a tosspot named Eve ate an apple? And so I will not say Amen to God, and I will not pray, I will not believe in God, not now and not ever. I instead choose to believe in humanity and the hope that love will always win. And maybe I am a fool, but I am kinder than this supposed God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    I NEVER there was a difference between the commandments IN ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY . I thought they were similiar but worded differently. OK!!
    CALM DOWN you said I CAN'T READ?! YOUR THE ONE WHO ASKED ME IF I'M AWARE THE MAN WAS ISLAMIC. I SIMPLY SAID YES I'M AWARE. YOU MADE OUT AS IF I DID'NT KNOW HENCE MAKING ME MAD.
    STOP ATTACKING MY COMPREHENSION SKILLS ITS CLEAR YOU ARE USING IT AS A LOOP HOLE TO ESCAPE THIS ARGUMENT.
    JUST LEAVE ME IN PEACE!
    YOU QUOTE ME TWICE ! FIRING INSULTS A T ME MAKING ME SEEM AS IF I'M STUPID. IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE I'M NOT WORTH YOUR TIME AND ARGUMENT THAN STOP QUOTING ME.
    I WOULD NEVER SAY RIP IF I NEVER MEANT SO SHUT UP!
    Lmao ask Allah to bring you peace and pray that he shows up to give you some sense. Forgive me for wasting my time thinking you had some.
    YOUR CAPS LOCK ISN'T FAZING ME!

YOU QUOTED ME 1ST! AND YOU DIDN'T COMPREHEND ANYTHING I SAID! YOU WENT ON AND ON ABOUT THE WORD ALLAH! IT'S AN ARABIC WORD SO DON'T ACT LIKE MUSLIMS DON'T SAY IT!

YOU STILL DIDN'T ANSWER THAT'S WHY YOU'RE FLAMING OFF IN CAPS LOCK I CAN CAPS LOCK TOO! ":laugh:" Little child you are.

And while you're annoying as hell no one will deter me from defending yes MY god. You quoted ME first but now suddenly desperately want me to back out of the conversation because you don't know anything, so you're throwing an embarrassing tantrum! You didn't even know that Islam and Christianity have two totally different set of commandments! LMAO.

AGAIN and no I won't stop saying it!

This man is ISLAMIC SO ASK THE MUSLIM GOD ALLAH WHY HE DIDN'T STEP IN AND IF HE CONDONES THIS HATRED! Leave my Christian god out of it! And that's rich you're on about insults when your 1st POST TO ME said my argument is weak! :rolleyes:

If you can't handle the bloody heat...
    resort to trash talk and caps lock and beg to be left alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Oh FFS. We get it - you're an atheist. I'm not religious either but let people believe in whatever they want to believe in.
    Religion is dangerous. I think it needs to be discussed.

ReputationRep:
    I don't go in for this idea but it got floated by me recently and its an interesting take.

We keep saying "why didn't god intervene?", but the Bible is full of stories of him intervening, if you take them as historial (I am NOT saying you should do this, that would be stupid), he keeps intervening then after varying lengths of time humanity keeps making the same mistakes or keeps ****ing up in various ways. The idea was that modern god has basically gone, "okay, the only way you'll learn is if you sort it out yourself".

I thought it was an interesting idea, though admittedly it doesn't sway me in anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Why IS ANYONE talking about Christianity though!? The murderer is Islamic!
    Dunno, cus he's christian maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Lmao ask Allah to bring you peace and pray that he shows up to give you some sense. Forgive me for wasting my time thinking you had some.
    YOUR CAPS LOCK ISN'T FAZING ME!

YOU QUOTED ME 1ST! AND YOU DIDN'T COMPREHEND ANYTHING I SAID! YOU WENT ON AND ON ABOUT THE WORD ALLAH! IT'S AN ARABIC WORD SO DON'T ACT LIKE MUSLIMS DON'T SAY IT!

YOU STILL DIDN'T ANSWER THAT'S WHY YOU'RE FLAMING OFF IN CAPS LOCK I CAN CAPS LOCK TOO! ":laugh:" Little child you are.

And while you're annoying as hell no one will deter me from defending yes MY god. You quoted ME first but now suddenly desperately want me to back out of the conversation because you don't know anything, so you're throwing an embarrassing tantrum! You didn't even know that Islam and Christianity have two totally different set of commandments! LMAO.

AGAIN and no I won't stop saying it!

This man is ISLAMIC SO ASK THE MUSLIM GOD ALLAH WHY HE DIDN'T STEP IN AND IF HE CONDONES THIS HATRED! Leave my Christian god out of it! And that's rich you're on about insults when your 1st POST TO ME said my argument is weak! :rolleyes:

If you can't handle the bloody heat...
    resort to trash talk and caps lock and beg to be left alone.
    * if you had any sense you would know CAP LOCKS signifies the person is YELLING, and you would also know that know that NO ONE would purposely leave a paragraph with CAPITAL LETTERS! ':rolleyes:'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurora_Boreal1s)
    I refuse to believe that God exists. Because if they do (I have trouble believing that God would exist within concepts such as male and female), then surely a more cruel being has never existed. 49 good people are dead and so I ask those who believe: "Where is your God now?" because there is nothing that can be said to justify God's lack of intervention in Orlando, in all of the wars that there have ever been, and if God makes us in their own image, why are so many of us diseased, cells growing out of control, our own bodies failing, why do children die and why are they buried in tiny coffins, why are there sadists who would kill and hurt us, why were women burned at the stake for being witches, why are people still enslaved like animals in some countries? All because a tosspot named Eve ate an apple? And so I will not say Amen to God, and I will not pray, I will not believe in God, not now and not ever. I instead choose to believe in humanity and the hope that love will always win. And maybe I am a fool, but I am kinder than this supposed God.
    "Lack of intervention?"
    Where in the Bible, the Quran, the Torah, whatever Buddhists read, Hindus read, etc
    does it say God "intervenes?" Have you ever heard of free will? And Judgement day? Religion is a collection of principles adhering to whatever whichever god(s) they worship expect out of humanity. And every religion is different. This man did this for Islam. Instead of bunching every monotheistic religion together, first understand each of them, and then differentiate.

Before you get upset about god and what He's not doing, first take the time out to understand what He's even here for. And the He referring to God is not sexual or gender. God was called He because it at first was simply a word used to indicate being whole, being everything, being a father basically. You asking this shows me you don't even read the very text you discredit and question. The way the word is used now is about gender. But that's society being sexist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Dunno, cus he's christian maybe?
    Who is Christian? The murderer is Islamic, did you even read bro?

* if you had any sense you would know CAP LOCKS signifies the person is YELLING, and you would also know that know that NO ONE would purposely leave a paragraph with CAPITAL LETTERS! ':rolleyes:'
    More useless nonsense. Just vanish little girl, you've wasted my time and made yourself look a mug. And the girl who repped you and you begged for her follow just repped me.

ReputationRep:

More useless nonsense. Just vanish little girl, you've wasted my time and made yourself look a mug. And the girl who repped you and you begged for her follow just repped me.
    We weren't talking about the mass murderer.

ReputationRep:

You know someone lost the argument when they refuse to answer back and fire PERSONAL INSULTS at the user. How old are you? 10?

ReputationRep:
    We weren't talking about the mass murderer.
    The mass murderer is Islamic bro! Y'all ain't read so you're having a go at the wrong ass religion! lmao. His name is Omar Mateen from Afghanistan! He hailed to ISIL and killed them as a martyr!

ReputationRep:
    You know someone lost the argument when they refuse to answer back and fire PERSONAL INSULTS at the user. How old are you? 10?
    Answer back WHAT?! You didn't ask anything just now!

You have been yelling! And all you said was this just now:

Where the **** is the question to "answer back?"!

Just do one?!

"You know someone lost the argument" when they say before anyone else "you know some has lost the argument"

And you already admitted to me little girl that you didn't realise the Islamic has 10 different commandments!:rolleues:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe God isn't as good as we think he is or he's damaged goods. If he created us in his image, that would make sense. We're all just damaged goods.

Or I'm just a teenager who likes to think they're deep. 😂

ReputationRep:
    The mass murderer is Islamic bro! Y'all ain't read so you're having a go at the wrong ass religion! lmao. His name is Omar Mateen from Afghanistan! He hailed to ISIL and killed them as a martyr!
    I don't know why you seem to think that I think that the mass murderer is Christian (or that I'm trying to argue that point), because I know he was an Islamic fanatic. I just wasn't discussing that with the other guy. Are you on some kind of drugs?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why you seem to think that I think that the mass murderer is Christian (or that I'm trying to argue that point), because I know he was an Islamic fanatic. I just wasn't discussing that with the other guy. Are you on some kind of drugs?
    I never said I think you think anything. I simply asked you the 1st time why you're even discussing Christianity? Since you supposedly know the murderer is Islamic. Just another confused atheist strolling in to the wrong place finding an opportunity to insult Christianity. Are you on drugs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayce.x)
    Maybe God isn't as good as we think he is or he's damaged goods. If he created us in his image, that would make sense. We're all just damaged goods.

Or I'm just a teenager who likes to think they're deep. 😂
    Erm no. The people who murder aren't good. If God controlled every human like a puppet and prevented them from doing things, or made them do things, at each moment, what would be the purpose of living then?

ReputationRep:
    "Lack of intervention?"
    Where in the Bible, the Quran, the Torah, whatever Buddhists read, Hindus read, etc
    does it say God "intervenes?" Have you ever heard of free will? And Judgement day? Religion is a collection of principles adhering to whatever whichever god(s) they worship expect out of humanity. And every religion is different. This man did this for Islam. Instead of bunching every monotheistic religion together, first understand each of them, and then differentiate.

Before you get upset about god and what He's not doing, first take the time out to understand what He's even here for. And the He referring to God is not sexual or gender. God was called He because it at first was simply a word used to indicate being whole, being everything, being a father basically. You asking this shows me you don't even read the very text you discredit and question. The way the word is used now is about gender. But that's society being sexist.
    You got me there, I haven't read the whole Bible or every Holy Book, but I have heard enough to know that they were written by men, and maybe these men are revered but they are still men, filling the Bible or other Holy Books with their personal bias, and fine, I am being harsh and unfair, to those who believe, as many of my friends do, they have certainly lost none of my respect, and I admire you for having your own faith. I may not understand it, but I am not against it, I became rather angry in the heat of the moment, because a terrible thing which I feel very strongly about has just happened. Religion itself is not a bad thing but I think that many religious people like to forget that they believe in the same God and so religion divides people, more than it should. I also believe that Religion is also used to justify many terrible things and so i think it often ironically prevents the main consequence of having free will which is the ability to take responsibility for one's own actions.

Lastly, I feel like the real problem is that the shooter in this case was a mentally ill and very angry gay man who could not come to terms with himself and so took his anger out on others.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.