Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you decided how you're going to vote yet? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you made up your mind about how to vote yet?
    Yes I'm definite about my vote
    75.29%
    No- I've not decided yet
    5.29%
    I'm not going to vote
    9.41%
    I keep changing my mind
    10.00%

ReputationRep:
    REMAIN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CTLevers)
    I am voting LEAVE

It is time for Britain to act like the superpower it really is rather than being controlled by the European Parliament. We should implement laws which we have tailored for ourselves rather than them being created by people who haven't stepped onto British soil in years.
    If you think leaving is all it would take for Britain to become a superpower, my friend, you are mistaken.

We would be a lot weaker. Just look at how the British pound is doing. There have been heads of banks who have explicitly said that if the UK leaves, the bank will leave.

Idk how you think we're gonna be a superpower if we don't even have any money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ib_hopeful;[url="tel:65748639")
    65748639[/url]]If you think leaving is all it would take for Britain to become a superpower, my friend, you are mistaken.

We would be a lot weaker. Just look at how the British pound is doing. There have been heads of banks who have explicitly said that if the UK leaves, the bank will leave.

Very well said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ib_hopeful)
    If you think leaving is all it would take for Britain to become a superpower, my friend, you are mistaken.

I believe we already are a Superpower as we have been for decades... The pound may not be doing great but look at the decline in the value of the Euro. It isn't exactly on the upwards increase either.

There's a difference between someone saying they are going to do something e,g, the bank leaving if we leave the EU and actually going through with it.

ReputationRep:
    There's a difference between someone saying they are going to do something e,g, the bank leaving if we leave the EU and actually going through with it.
    That's all I ever hear from the Leave campaign.....

Doubting everybody but themselves, and furthering their agenda using hypothetical numbers and scenarios.

*sigh*

ReputationRep:

The final ten days, and we're pulling ahead.
    Don't give up yet, do not grow complacent.
    The remain campaign is indeed in a rout, but we must keep pressing.
    Keep canvassing, leafleting, organising voting parties.

We can still do this, we can still save Britain.

England expects every man will do his duty.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I am voting LEAVE

It is time for Britain to act like the superpower it really is rather than being controlled by the European Parliament. We should implement laws which we have tailored for ourselves rather than them being created by people who haven't stepped onto British soil in years.
    The UK hasn't been an economic superpower since the days of Empire. We would be deluded to think that those days will return just by leaving a real economic superpower.

And if you mean who has the biggest nukes...

I doubt even BoJo would want to spend the multi-billions it would cost to catch the real superpowers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ib_hopeful)
    That's all I ever hear from the Leave campaign.....

Doubting everybody but themselves, and furthering their agenda using hypothetical numbers and scenarios.

*sigh*
    ... because the Leave campaign can't predict what's going to happen. It's easier for Remain because they're arguing for the status quo, although both camps are guilty of scaremongering.

I wish they'd stop going on about immigration though. That's not the only issue.

ReputationRep:
    Already voted. To Leave of course

ReputationRep:
    Most of the reasons to leave are bs, but I look to a future where we become a part of a different union.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so unsure... And because I'm so unsure I'm not sure I should be voting because it isn't necessarily a true vote. If everyone were in the same situation and 'guessing', then the country might be leaving or staying halfheartedly and voters would be changing their mind after when it's too late. I

As much as I feel it's my duty as a voter to contribute to the decision, I don't want to do so unless I'm sure.

So stuck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm voting Leave; I believe it's high time we regained our sovereignty

ReputationRep:
    defo in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediaya)
    i would vote in but cant yet because i am only 16
    Btw when is the vote?
    and if the UK leaves the EU, would immigrants have to go back to their original country??
    no, they wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Most of the reasons to leave are bs, but I look to a future where we become a part of a different union.
    I'm pretty sure that if the UK vote to remain, there is enough ill-feeling and threat of leaving by other nations, to help force reform.

Fundamentally, if that reform doesn't happen, then I'm pretty sure in 10-15 years time then the UK public would be entirely fed up, or you'd hope the national government declares that it itself is fed up, or the Uk public vote in a Eurosceptic government, when we can leave then.

I have zero appetite for leaving when the economies of UK and Europe are so fragile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotstar)
    I'm so unsure... And because I'm so unsure I'm not sure I should be voting because it isn't necessarily a true vote. If everyone were in the same situation and 'guessing', then the country might be leaving or staying halfheartedly and voters would be changing their mind after when it's too late. I

As much as I feel it's my duty as a voter to contribute to the decision, I don't want to do so unless I'm sure.

So stuck!
    This might help, and I'll try to be neutral, even though I am for Remain. From your personal perspective, I suspect most EU regulations benefit you, whether its safety protection or whatever. So this talk of democracy is largely irrelevant to most consumers in my opinion. So it can almost boil down to two things:

1. Your stance on EU immigration and to what extent you believe it can be rectified if we leave.

2. Your stance on the relative importance of the economy (unemployment, investment, credit availability, exchange rate etc.), against immigration. There is now hard evidence (it's already happening) that our economy will be hit, perhaps for 1-2 years, in the short-term. Longer-term is anyone's guess.

So perhaps weigh up those two points. If you care largely about the need to control the #s of people we have from the EU and think that we can eventually do that from Leaving, and place a high importance on that vs. the economy, then perhaps Leave is your choice. if you are not sternly against immigration, or disbelieve the promises that it can be cut significantly enough should we leave, or you weigh economic strength over the next, say, two years more heavily, then perhaps you'd prefer Remain.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    This is a good strategy.

Name:  2050.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  78.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Remain in. Putin and ISIS are hoping we will leave.
    Ridicolous. Maybe they want the UK to stay in the EU so they can get in easily and the UK loses its independence in favour of the 'peaceful' EU that wouldn't attack them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Thanks Mystic Meg.

So much completely unfounded speculation being used to make this decision.
    It's not speculation. It's proved by history,the UE wants to get larger. Remain uses only speculation
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by RoyalMarine)
    It's not speculation. It's proved by history,the UE wants to get larger. Remain uses only speculation
    UE? Are you French?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.