Ask the Speaker II

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Saracen's Fez - please can you update our CLT positions on this page at some point?
    Hooray! It works! I have done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Hooray! It works! I have done.
    So is Hansard going to be updated too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    So is Hansard going to be updated too?
    Yes, if you are particularly eagle-eyed you will notice that a separate Era I Hansard has now appeared. A similar one will appear for Era II (which is a simple copy-and-paste job from Word) and then the main Hansard will go on a diet to be slimmed down to Era III only. I currently have a version that is about a fortnight out of date, so once I have updated that (either tonight or tomorrow) that will be posted.

Motions, amendments and SoIs to follow.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if you are particularly eagle-eyed you will notice that a separate Era I Hansard has now appeared. A similar one will appear for Era II (which is a simple copy-and-paste job from Word) and then the main Hansard will go on a diet to be slimmed down to Era III only. I currently have a version that is about a fortnight out of date, so once I have updated that (either tonight or tomorrow) that will be posted.

Motions, amendments and SoIs to follow.
    Tremendous news!!! Will links to these be added to the links to other MHoC articles otherwise they are paticually difficult to access.

Also can I have your ruling on early closure motions? The fixed term parliament act IRL legislates for them which implies that cannon makes them legally enforceable however they are not mentioned in the GD or constitution. I know that if either of these documents said they weren't permissible that would trump the act but as they do not mention such a thing does the act apply or is it considered a countermand by omission?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Tremendous news!!! Will links to these be added to the links to other MHoC articles otherwise they are paticually difficult to access.

Also can I have your ruling on early closure motions? The fixed term parliament act IRL legislates for them which implies that cannon makes them legally enforceable however they are not mentioned in the GD or constitution. I know that if either of these documents said they weren't permissible that would trump the act but as they do not mention such a thing does the act apply or is it considered a countermand by omission?
    Unless I'm missing the point, such logic would make UU's amendment redundant

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Yes they will once I've completed the job.

I can't find anything on them from a quick half-time Google, but Acts and parts of Acts relating to procedure are generally not considered part of Canon as MHoC procedure is set out by the GD and Constitution.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they will once I've completed the job.

I can't find anything on them from a quick half-time Google, but Acts and parts of Acts relating to procedure are generally not considered part of Canon as MHoC procedure is set out by the GD and Constitution.
    :gg:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...tion/2/enacted
    The section of the act is there and that is what I thought. Just wanted to check.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker, after 18-19 very expensive man hours has the snug look been wiped off your face and do you have a sheep ready?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Mr Speaker, after 18-19 very expensive man hours has the snug look been wiped off your face and do you have a sheep ready?
    Not really, we didn't go out in the round of 16 to Iceland so a semi final will do me fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    :gg:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...tion/2/enacted
    The section of the act is there and that is what I thought. Just wanted to check.
    Yes, that is procedural so does not count as part of Canon.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, we didn't go out in the round of 16 to Iceland so a semi final will do me fine.
    And the sheep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bills Hansard should be up to date now.

ReputationRep:
    So… are they still playing or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    So… are they still playing or what?

That thing is brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    That thing is brilliant.
    ‘That thing’ is a very rare Pepe and I'm glad you like him.

ReputationRep:
    Sup bro :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Amendments Hansard is up to date.

Petitions is still to go (from memory that one is quite a long way out of date) and I need to create one for SoIs as well.

ReputationRep:
    Though I understand the Speaker is busy with all the various Hansards could he get the elections wiki updated as well.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...,_Governments)

My previous offer of lending a helping hand stands - but obviously I won't abuse my powers by changing something like myself without permission.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Though I understand the Speaker is busy with all the various Hansards could he get the elections wiki updated as well.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...,_Governments)

My previous offer of lending a helping hand stands - but obviously I won't abuse my powers by changing something like myself without permission.
    Ummmm you know that that isn't a locked wiki??? So anyone can go and change it and it wouldn't be an abuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Ummmm you know that that isn't a locked wiki??? So anyone can go and change it and it wouldn't be an abuse.
    None of them appear as locked to me so I can't tell which ones are and which aren't. If it's possible for anyone to edit this one them I'm surprised it's this out of date.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.