2017 Uni of Bristol applicants mega-thread

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Bristol Neuroscience, I already have A*AA in English, History and Biology respectively... I'm doing another year in Chem and Psychology, with A*A predictions I've also submitted extenuating circumstances to the dept, but I'm wondering if anyone's heard of unconditional from Bristol? I need either Chem or Psychology to meet the official course requirements, but have I got any chance of an unconditional?

ReputationRep:
    I sent my ucas off yesterday. Predicted AAA, the normal offer is A*AA ( but contexual is AAA which my school falls in ).

How likely am i to get an offer for aerospace engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer for Econ and Politics yet?

ReputationRep:
    My friend has. Apperently only like 50 people get chosen right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahmzo)
    My friend has. Apperently only like 50 people get chosen right
    Yeah that's why I'm worried... It's a really small course... When did they put their application in??

ReputationRep:
    My UCAS was sent off today. I know Bristol respond fast so I really hope I get a response before half term ends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    My UCAS was sent off today. I know Bristol respond fast so I really hope I get a response before half term ends
    Best of luck !!! what course did you apply for and with what predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beccaaaaaaaaa)
    Best of luck !!! what course did you apply for and with what predicted grades?
    Economics, and A*A*A*A*, wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    Economics, and A*A*A*A*, wbu?
    Omg those are amazing predictions! I have A*A*A and Economics and politics is the dream :suith: it was so hard finding Bsc courses I liked!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer for Computer Science yet? Also, any idea how quickly engineering faculty reviews applications?? My college sent my application off on Tuesday although I submitted it mid-September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyskye)
    I'm wondering if anyone's heard of unconditional from Bristol?
    Only if you have achieved grades that meet the stated requirements.
    So, since you need Chem or Psych, it'll be a Conditional offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marion771)
    Has anyone got an offer for Computer Science yet? Also, any idea how quickly engineering faculty reviews applications?? My college sent my application off on Tuesday although I submitted it mid-September
    What course are you applying for? I applied for aero

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahmzo)
    What course are you applying for? I applied for aero

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied for computer science? Have you received an offer? when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marion771)
    I applied for computer science? Have you received an offer? when did you apply?
    Hi, not yet. I applied yesterday. I have one offer from Surrey so far

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisefire)
    Is it likely I'd get 5 rejections if I apply to universities such as Bristol, Manchester, Durham, Nottingham or KCL with an Access to HE Diploma qualification? Considering the competitive nature of their courses, and how they get 4 or 5 applicants per place for some at least, I am really having doubts that an Access course can get me to a decent university. They're not going to give an offer for these AAA courses to an Access student from a FE college even if they're on track to get or exceed the required grades and not give an offer to someone on track for AAA?
    You're likely to be considered equally however I would advise you to apply to at least one low/safe uni- anyway theres no point applying to 5 top ones if you're only going to pick 1-2 after you get your offers through

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Already have an offer of A*AA for Chemical Physics

really happy

also, surprised, I got it in less than a week!

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Dentistry at Bristol this morning! Absolutely love Bristol as a city and the student nightlife is outstanding. Miles above Cardiff's. Motion is the naughtiest nightclub in the world.. Any fellow ravers/drum n bass, techno or house fans here? Applied with 11A*, 5A, 2B at GCSE and AAAC at AS (Chem, Biol, Maths & History). Pls say someone else here is applying for dentistry !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyJade1999)
    Hi I'm also applying for psychology in education! Not sure how much they look at GCSEs but I know they look at predicted grades and yours are above the entry requirements so I'm think you'll be fine. What other unis/courses are you applying for? x
    Hi, it's great to finally find someone doing the same course!! I'm also applying to Durham, Southampton, York and De Montfort for Education Studies (Psychology)/ Psychology in Education/Education and Psychology. Where else are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JP0458B)
    Just got an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which degree and when did u apply????

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.