Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

EU Referendum Results-LEAVE Countdown to Glory-Everyone Voting Leave Come!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    This has been mentioned probably an hr ago :erm: But now place a million dollar bet on the country getting better...

still there's a lot of time left to count. Even if you win just keep in mind millions of people are in that losing percentage that you still will have as neighbours, bosses, colleagues, peers
    And? Why should I care what they think? I'll be celebrating, not feeling sorry for those who lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elen90)
    I'm not talking about you specifically :cookie:

Given that whenever I enter an EU debate I receive nothing but nastiness from the Brexit end, I wouldn't be surprised that the simple conspicuousness of my avatar would piss off Brexiters such as yourself, gentleman.
    ...I'm not pissed off in the slightest :erm: the only thing that will piss me off though for sure is you trying to piss me off because it's unnecessary and immature to log in or post to do so? Again you might have your victory, but the situation isn't over. You still have to coexist with all those people who didn't vote your way :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    And? Why should I care what they think? I'll be celebrating, not feeling sorry for those who lost.
    You won't be celebrating for the rest of your life :rolleyes: you still have to live among these people and who's to say how they react or how this will affect politics in the near future. It may not necessarily be best for you even if you voted for the winning outcome. That is my only foolproof point.

ReputationRep:
    You need to apologise, you're doing yourself no favours voting with what's easy and what seems to be worldly. How is it worldly letting the place run amok with people we can't afford who aren't even citizens?? Just how? If anything it's worsening the situation. But like I said and will continue to say people are being scared away from voting Leave and to vote Remain though remain is no more caring of the world lol That's the main issue with being so liberal and progeessive. Your "progress" is truly you leaving behind and ignoring the current situation based on how history led us here. It's just...sad. Lol I always say everything happens for a reason though.
    You apply commonsense. Decide how many people a region can sustain, manage your resources and agree common policies to give the planet and the human race the best chance of surviving.

Where has nationalism led us? Wars, subjugation, division and squabbling over resources. On a par with religion for the source of conflict on this planet.

ReputationRep:
    ...I'm not pissed off in the slightest :erm: the only thing that will piss me off though for sure is you trying to piss me off because it's unnecessary and immature to log in or post to do so? Again you might have your victory, but the situation isn't over. You still have to coexist with all those people who didn't vote your way :erm:
    I said I wasn't talking about you. And yes I can coexist, many of those who voted for Brexit were grossly misinformed by those abusing their positions of power so I don't blame them. Unless someone is a completely intolerable and a virulent Brexiter, I'm sure we'll get along splendidly. I would like to piss off those intolerable and virulent Brexiters.

But most of my friends have voted Remain so it's unlikely I'd naturally gravitate towards people with Brexit inclinations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    You apply commonsense. Decide how many people a region can sustain, manage your resources and agree common policies to give the planet and the human race the best chance of surviving.

Where has nationalism led us? Wars, subjugation, division and squabbling over resources. On a par with religion for the source of conflict on this planet.
    Lol back to calling us nationalists. Ok how about this, let's keep looking up the polls on our own and have a good night mate :shakehand: cuz we're going in blooming circles honestly and the nationalist thing is tired. For hours I dedicated myself to debunk that and we seemed to make some headway but again you've resorted to this. I honestly just stand by what I think and like I said there's bigots on each ends ok. But there's also apparent failure and it won't get any better.

(Original post by elen90)
    I said I wasn't talking about you.
    You literally said: "brexiters such as yourself."

One thing I don't like is liars particularly on me. Listen girl just hush and celebrate if you've won?

ReputationRep:
    You literally said: "brexiters such as yourself."One thing I don't like is liars particularly on me. Listen girl just hush and celebrate that you've won?
    I didn't say that you were pissed off, but it wouldn't surprise me if that did happen (particularly when seeing your other comments on this thread) - this was the context and you're misconstruing my words. Don't understand what my gender has to do with anything yet you insist on referring to it. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Omg elen seriously lol you said brexiters such as yourself then said you wren't talking about me.

and you're a female so I'm not gonna say listen mate or bruv to you am I.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Don't cry you sore loser. You're the sheep voting leave because you think we'll be better alone. The literate, intelligent majority have made the correct decision. Go lick your wounds in the corner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    While of course I cannot deny that remain will win and that they have the more intelligent supporters,in the interests of fairness I should point out that of course the main factor that decided their vote is likely to have been money.

Most remainers believe they are better off in the EU.And they are prepared to give up certain rights in order to obtain that extra wealth.

But seeing as it's now very well known that,once you have a certain amount of money, a bit more doesn't have any significant affect on well-being, I really think that describing leavers as sheep is very unfair.

ReputationRep:
    SMEGGGY what's all this about leavers suddenly being alcoholic chavs? I thought remainers tried to paint leavers as being old and conservative :\

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Why is Amber Rudd so hot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    While of course I cannot deny that remain will win and that they have the more intelligent supporters,in the interests of fairness I should point out that of course the main factor that decided their vote is likely to have been money.

Most remainers believe they are better off in the EU.And they are prepared to give up certain rights in order to obtain that extra wealth.

But seeing as it's now very well known that,once you have a certain amount of money, a bit more doesn't have any significant affect on well-being, I really think that describing leavers as sheep is very unfair.
    I'll take it. Cheers for being reasonable.

ReputationRep:
    Omg elen seriously lol you said brexiters such as yourself then said you wren't talking about me.

and you're a female so I'm not gonna say listen mate or bruv to you am I.
    Try quotes next time. And also try reading back through my comments because you've got the wrong end of the stick.

I'm done debating context (especially if that's all you're going to attempt to use against me), Heck I've finished debating, seems I have done what I originally intended to do. Childish, I know, but after trying to maintain civility in many debates I'm done with Brexiters. Such as yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Who's childish when you came in here to "do what you intended to do?" I'm not bothered, I just want to discuss the actual referendum. And you don't. And I didn't have to quote you because I know you'd see the post anyway...

ReputationRep:
    I'll take it. Cheers for being reasonable.
    Thanks. Actually I wanted to ask you,assuming you are young,just how disappointed you are going to be if you know?

I wanted leave to win and I have come to despise remainers (which is really bad of course but I can't help it) but I'm very very philosophical about it all.(edit er if you can in fact be philosophical and despise people?)

The people I really feel sorry for are the older generation who probably find it hard to understand how their country appears to have been given away to foreigners to some degree.

They must feel utterly betrayed.

But I just think that many of the younger people who voted remain will one day come to,if not regret it,certainly have second thoughts about their decision.

Turkey,for example,may well not be joining for another 20 years at least but they probably will join and by the time they do there will be many other changes that affect this country in ways that may not be so easy to laugh off.

ReputationRep:
    **If UK stays IN, I will quit TSR, that's a deal :shakehand:**
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    Lol back to calling us nationalists. Ok how about this, let's keep looking up the polls on our own and have a good night mate :shakehand: cuz we're going in blooming circles honestly and the nationalist thing is tired.
    I'm not sure if you're aware, but there's nothing inherently wrong with being nationalist (it's a pretty broad term anyway). It's a valid political opinion, it's just a bit unfortunate that it's been corrupted by people to make it permanently associated with nazis and facists.

I'm sure many people have voted for brexit because they're nationalist - as far as I can tell that's the whole basis of the argument about sovereignty.

ReputationRep:
    Who's childish when you came in here to "do what you intended to do?" I'm not bothered, I just want to discuss the actual referendum. And you don't. And I didn't have to quote you because I know you'd see the post anyway...
    jesus you're thick

she said she WAS childish and was admitting it but said she had reason to be

what the **** kind of reason is that

brexiteerism at its finest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drogon)
    lol.
    You're right. it is funny. Because there's no getting rid of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remne)
    jesus you're thick

she said she WAS childish and was admitting it but said she had reason to be

what the **** kind of reason is that

brexiteerism at its finest
    Tbf I didn't read her post. I just saw the word childish and repeated myself.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.