Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elen90)
    I've already provided many reasons as to why this wasn't democratic and I'm not repeating myself, read through my other posts if you care.

I advocated a vote for 16 and 17 year olds long before negotiations for this referendum came into existence, but I'm bringing it up now more than ever because it's so pertinent to the situation at hand. If 16 year olds were more likely to be Brexiters I would still be arguing for their right to vote, don't be so presumptuous.
    I hope you realise even if every single 16 and 17 year old voted stay, we'd still have left?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)

Of course its not. Its where most of their funding currently comes from. They were just looking after their own selfish interests.
    ikr! spending your life trying to make scientific and technological breakthroughs is so selfish

I mean my some lecturers who look at how to make new delivery systems for cancer drugs is just so selfish, how dare they want to keep being funded!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmadmax321)
    ikr! spending your life trying to make scientific and technological breakthroughs is so selfish

I mean my some lecturers who look at how to make new delivery systems for cancer drugs is just so selfish, how dare they want to keep being funded!
    What's your point? I was talking about economists. There is a difference between pseudo science and actual science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    What's your point? I was talking about economists. There is a difference between pseudo science and actual science.
    Maybe I am missing the part of the post but from what I see you said nothing about referring to economists, you seem to be just referring to science research in general. Also when science funding is reduced, it wont be reduced in one area, all areas that receive any form of eu funding will get less money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioStudentx)
    I hope you realise even if every single 16 and 17 year old voted stay, we'd still have left?
    I do. I still believe they should have got the vote.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.