The Student Room Group

Statistics GCSE 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
The last questions on the exam are usually binomial distribution or seasonal variation/moving averages. Well that's what I've seen on past papers 🙄
Original post by stoyfan
What??? where did you get that.??? In my statistics AQA textbook, it says nothing about this.

I got that from the Edexcel spec. I'm not sure about AQA though... You might want to go through the spec as well.
Original post by Amnotsure
Can someone plz tell me the advantages of a questionnaire and how to interpret srrc plz tx

SRCC is a value between -1 and 1. A value close to 1 means a strong positive correlation and a value close to -1 means a strong negative correlation. Everything close to 0 is weak or no correlation. Hope this helps!!
Original post by stoyfan
One question. for spearman's rank, what happens if 3 values are the same. What is their rank?

You just give the mean of the 3 values. e.g. 1,2,4,4,4,6,7,8 and so on...
The values for 3,4,5 are the same so you just find the mean of those 3 numbers and that is their rank.
It should be the same for 4 values or 5 values.
Original post by KaceyB
The last questions on the exam are usually binomial distribution or seasonal variation/moving averages. Well that's what I've seen on past papers 🙄

Yeah, I think so too. Are you doing the exam today??
How was it ?
Original post by nisha.sri
How was it ?

So hard :frown:
The stuff I revised didn't come on the test and the stuff I didn't revise did
Original post by wenqi.s
So hard :frown:
The stuff I revised didn't come on the test and the stuff I didn't revise did

Yeh it was alright, although some tricky questions i think the grade boundaries will be low don't worry
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 148
How did you find the exam and what answers did you put
Original post by himmat
How did you find the exam and what answers did you put

Alright you ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending