Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, would you wear a white wedding dress? watch

ReputationRep:
    The dress came and I'm in Manchester atm so can't bloody see it in person til I get home :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    The dress came and I'm in Manchester atm so can't bloody see it in person til I get home :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Manchester! :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Manchester! :five:
    Take it you're from there then? was in Manchester earlier and now I'm in Bolton :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I want a white/light wedding dress but that's because I think I want a very traditional wedding. Something like this would be what I'd like:

Name:  1470001953867.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  116.9 KB

I do think it's wonderful when people mix it up a bit though, so I love your ideas! What dress did you go for? weddings are so exciting! I look forward to the day I can see all of your pictures (you better still be here!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd want a white dress but then I just love the colour white and think I suit it but you do you!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    I want a white/light wedding dress but that's because I think I want a very traditional wedding. Something like this would be what I'd like:

Name:  1470001953867.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  116.9 KB

I do think it's wonderful when people mix it up a bit though, so I love your ideas! What dress did you go for? weddings are so exciting! I look forward to the day I can see all of your pictures (you better still be here!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That dress is lovely very elegant

I ended up going for this one aww don't worry, I'll still be here TSR is stuck with me for good :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    This dress is gorgeous :love: it was a contender for a while before I settled on purple

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OK, I'm officially too invested at this point, but... when you try the dress on, you have to show us! Okay? I hope it's arrived in good condition and you're pleased with it!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    That dress is lovely very elegant

I ended up going for this one aww don't worry, I'll still be here TSR is stuck with me for good :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dresses are just so pretty and fun to wear haha

Oooh that is beautiful! You're going to look stunning are you planning to wear makeup? You could do so many lovely looks with that dress! wooo!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Dresses are just so pretty and fun to wear haha

Oooh that is beautiful! You're going to look stunning are you planning to wear makeup? You could do so many lovely looks with that dress! wooo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I'm planning to wear some make up nothing over the top though. I'll get it done professionally though because every time I do my own make up, I go back to my goth roots and add on a full pencils worth of eyeliner :laugh:

I am going to a wedding fayre at the end of the month to check out vendors, photographers and all that jazz. I'm excited my bf is only wanting to go for the free cake samples :laugh:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah I'm planning to wear some make up nothing over the top though. I'll get it done professionally though because every time I do my own make up, I go back to my goth roots and add on a full pencils worth of eyeliner :laugh:

I am going to a wedding fayre at the end of the month to check out vendors, photographers and all that jazz. I'm excited my bf is only wanting to go for the free cake samples :laugh:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww that's nice hahaha :lol: why not hey

Ooh that'll be really lovely! Sounds very exciting indeed hahaha omg that is exactly what my boyfriend is like, he'd only be there for the food :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Omg this ring or something similar as wedding bands :love: Name:  wedding bands.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  37.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    Omg this ring or something similar as wedding bands :love: Name:  wedding bands.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  37.6 KB
    On the one hand, cute af.
    On the other hand, bulky enough to possibly be a pain for day-to-day life.
    (it's still cute af though)

Nope, would wear a nice trouser suit with a coloured waistcoat :love:
    that is if i was ever gonna get married which is even more unlikely than me wearing a dress

Have a lovely wedding spocks socks <3 you look lovely :lovehug: x

ReputationRep:
    I've already decided that my future wife will wear a white strappless fishtail dress with ruffles.

Now just to wait until she exists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roarchika)
    On the one hand, cute af.
    On the other hand, bulky enough to possibly be a pain for day-to-day life.
    (it's still cute af though)
    Yeah that is what I was thinking too :/ I'm still on the hunt for more cat themed wedding rings :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salamandastron)
    Nope, would wear a nice trouser suit with a coloured waistcoat :love:
    that is if i was ever gonna get married which is even more unlikely than me wearing a dress

Have a lovely wedding spocks socks <3 you look lovely :lovehug: x
    Thank you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 557972 I'm in love with this dress but I'd have to be at least 6 foot tall to rock it :laugh:
    1stly this is a ball gown and you are likely to be mistaken for a bridesmaid.

And more importantly unless a majority of your weeding guests are wearing non-formal attire I'd suggest you wear something traditional I.e a white wedding dress. Sure you ha e have a pretty pattern or something but please be aware that the photos people are sharing are photoshopped and are being worn by top models.

Besides, I've never seen a woman in a traditional wedding dress look anything but beautiful. (Coming from a male perspective)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rorytymon)
    1stly this is a ball gown and you are likely to be mistaken for a bridesmaid.

And more importantly unless a majority of your weeding guests are wearing non-formal attire I'd suggest you wear something traditional I.e a white wedding dress. Sure you ha e have a pretty pattern or something but please be aware that the photos people are sharing are photoshopped and are being worn by top models.

Besides, I've never seen a woman in a traditional wedding dress look anything but beautiful. (Coming from a male perspective)
    Thanks for your input but I'll wear what I fancy to my wedding and I am not keen on white wedding dresses so that is out of the question for me personally. I'm happy with my choices for my wedding and don't mind looking more like a bridesmaid or like I am at prom

Also, I never went for that dress that was in the quote you used. Still a very beautiful dress though :love:

ReputationRep:
    I tried the dress on btw and guess what?

Didn't fit :laugh: the shade of purple was a lot lighter than what the pic showed and wouldn't go with the colour of purple that will be on my partner's kilt so I have sent it back

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.