Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is the IQ so low in Saudia Arabia (84)? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i noticed that have not said that you have any Jewish friends. Maybe you forgot your Jewish friends in the post or just believe they are lower than you.

ReputationRep:
    das raycisss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MA1998)
    I'm a Saudi; I was born there and I lived there for the first 13 years of my life. I can guarantee that the vast majority of people actually wouldn't even think of harming you because you are an atheist. Some people would dislike the the fact that you do not believe in a God and might try to convince you to change your mind. Now, I'm not saying no one there hates the west; at the end of the day it's Saudi Arabia and it has extremists but those people are not the majority.

Have you not heard of the King Abdullah scholarship programme? Thousands of Saudi's, including me, are sent to study abroad. I came to the UK without holding any hate towards the west and so did many others!

I have atheist, christian, hindu and muslim friends and I don't wish to harm someone because of the difference in/ lack of belief and I'm quite sure most Saudi's would have the same opinion.
    I notice you have not said about Jewish friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looloo21)
    i noticed that have not said that you have any Jewish friends. Maybe you forgot your Jewish friends in the post or just believe they are lower than you.
    Or maybe there aren't many Jews in my school... Don't try to make it sound like I hate Jews when you don't know a thing about me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minjinoor)
    funny, it's as if those great Muslim philosophers, mathematicians and scientists never existed...
    They all died out after literal interpretations of Islam became the norm. It was a brief period of progress (that only ever happened because Muslims in Bagdad at the time would be considered extremely liberal in today's world) that ended over 1000 years ago due to the rise of modern mainstream Islam. :mmm:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MA1998)
    Or maybe there aren't many Jews in my school... Don't try to make it sound like I hate Jews when you don't know a thing about me.
    i didn't say you hate Jewish people. That you should meet some Jewish people my local Synagogue has a Muslim Prayer meeting and group events with local Muslim groups.You would enjoy yourself have a look what on at your local Synagogue. The people will like you and not care that your Saudia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looloo21)
    i didn't say you hate Jewish people. That you should meet some Jewish people my local Synagogue has a Muslim Prayer meeting and group events with local Muslim groups.You would enjoy yourself have a look what on at your local Synagogue. The people will like you and not care that your Saudia
    I would love to meet more Jewish people but I'm not really religious enough to go to prayer meetings :ashamed2:. I will consider it though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.