Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    HAHA!! Yes!

So long Farage - you vile slime ball. It's just a pity that he is hanging on to his MEP position.
    Perhaps he will be offered Minister for Repatriations under Theresa May. A sort of Gauleiter for London and parts of Lincolnshire.

Or he could retire to play with his toy figures.

ReputationRep:
    Farage: 'In less than 48 hours, I will cease to exist'

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/featur...20160622109685

:rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    AS WE contemplate the historic EU referendum, in which Britain will finally decide to throw off the yoke of tyranny, it’s hard to imagine that I won’t be here to see it. But sadly, in less than two days, the reason I was summoned to your dimension will be gone and the creature you know as Nigel Farage will no longer exist.I came when England called, like Sir Lancelot and Robin Hood. I came in your hour of need to deliver you a seemingly endless referendum and this capering spirit has been as good as his word...

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Don't understand how an individual can get paid the money he has for 20 years whereby his career is basically saying that he doesn't want to be there, pension and all,
    it's disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Killercornflakes)
    Don't understand how an individual can get paid the money he has for 20 years whereby his career is basically saying that he doesn't want to be there, pension and all,
    it's disgusting.
    He was representing people who were Eurosceptic and did a better job than the idiots who were representing those who were Europhiles. Maybe if the Europhile MEP's put as much effort into politics as he has for 20 years he would not have won. Instead they just kept serving themselves and now the UK is free from the EU and ready to become a communist country.

ReputationRep:
    I think I know where his going...
    Spoiler:
    Show

Is he emigrating to Germany with his German wife? She probably nagged him to death. "Come un Negel you made ze promize. You zed ven you vin ze vote to leave. Time to... how you sayz it... pay ze pipper. Ya?"

Poor guy probably thought it'll happen when hell freezes over- like the rest of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eskimo_rising)
    I think I know where his going...
    Spoiler:
    Show

Is he emigrating to Germany with his German wife? She probably nagged him to death. "Come un Negel you made ze promize. You zed ven you vin ze vote to leave. Time to... how you sayz it... pay ze pipper. Ya?"

Poor guy probably thought it'll happen when hell freezes over- like the rest of us.
    "But wife, zas Merkel no likun me"
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    More like he knew he ****ed up the UK and doesn't want to get blamed for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    More like he knew he ****ed up the UK and doesn't want to get blamed for it.
    So a man campaigns for a vote to leave the European Union for 20 years......

Gets it. His side wins.

He resigns and you say he doesn't want to be blamed for it......

Classic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    I think UKIP is moving in a different direction from Farage.

Farage was basically "blue UKIP" - he wanted withdrawal from the EU so the UK could become a low tax, deregulated economy. He's talked about things like slashing the public sector, privatizing the NHS, having a flat tax rate, scrapping the minimum wage and so on. "Blue UKIP" was similar to the right wing of the Conservative party which is why he was pitching for the likes of Carswell (who is also likely on his way out of UKIP) and Reckless to defect.

However, "blue UKIP" is more or less redundant now that Brexit has won because the Conservative Eurosceptics don't need a new party and also to the kind of traditional Tory who would have considered voting UKIP, they can be put off by the fact UKIP looks a bit amateurish and has some shady characters who are not very conservative in their views.

The bigger rise in UKIP in recent times has been "red UKIP" which is a working class, protectionist movement who are challenging Labour in working class areas, as the party who is "in touch with the working class" whereas Labour are seen as a metropolitan middle class liberal party. They are opposed to immigration but also campaign on low wages, poor working conditions, lack of funding for the NHS and schools etc. The £350m a week for the NHS was a pitch to red UKIPers. They aren't voting UKIP because they support Farage and his City mates getting tax breaks while he slashes public services and privatises the NHS. They are voting UKIP because they are fed up with their lives being crap and want to get something back off the establishment.

I think UKIP will now move in this direction and will be a threat to Labour and if Labour continue to be in disarray, they could pick up seats but I think they will promote quite a left wing agenda (on economic issues, not social issues) rather than campaign for the unrestrained free market that Farage and his pals would like.

In general the future for UKIP is uncertain without Farage. They need leadership. The party has seemed quite disorganised and riven with internal squabbling and they could easily break apart. They may also struggle for funding now the Europe issue is settled because the wealthier donors who were basically Eurosceptic former Tories, will now switch to funding the Tories as they can at least influence the kind of Brexit Britain they want there.
    Or maybe Farage is aware that UKIP as a party will now have a downfall since the party establish the purpose of existance. Farage therefore resigned as he did not wanted to be part of this. He decided his legacy become a legend. But I do agree with your observation. If UKIP wants to become further relevant it needs to focus now of the Etnich British working class (called also """white""" by the left-wing). It needs to adopt the ideology of blue Labour and than it will drive out the Labour Party from existance. That will also destroy political corecntess and the 68er Ideology in UK.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if Farage will get a peerage. It’d be ironic if someone who’d spent their life decrying the actions of unelected politicians was appointed to an unelected chamber. How about the Lord Farage of Farnborough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    So a man campaigns for a vote to leave the European Union for 20 years......

Gets it. His side wins.

He resigns and you say he doesn't want to be blamed for it......

Classic

Posted from TSR Mobile
    From the moment I first heard Farage speak, I thought there's the right man to determine Britain's economic and political future.

It's just so obvious.

ReputationRep:
    Farage is a 'blessing in disguise' because if the bad did not exist we could never recognise the good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris888)
    Farage is a 'blessing in disguise' because if the bad did not exist we could never recognise the good.
    Without evil there can be no good so it must be good to be evil sometimes... - Satan

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.