The Student Room Group

Have you found the one person you want to spend forever with?

Scroll to see replies

Yup, too bad she's not interested in me:bebored:
Forever is a damn long time.

We've only been together just over three weeks so I'm sure as hell not making those kind of predictions
Preferably myself, right?
I'm too young to say a definite yes, but I think if I had to stay with my boyfriend forever due to some unforeseen circumstance, I'd be pretty damn happy. I can't say 100% yes because we're young and haven't tested different issues and situations yet.
There was a time when I thought I had, but I eventually realised that even though I loved and cared about him I was too unhappy in the relationship to stay in it forever and we weren't right for each other, so we broke up two months ago. I like to think that there is a person out there who'll be my 'one', but I'm also of the opinion that someone can be the 'one' for a particular time in your life and not necessarily for all of it. For now I'm content to be on my own untless someone special comes along.
Original post by abc:)
Case against: If you stay with someone who is like that, who you love but don't instantly know they are the one, maybe you will have a happy life with them, but miss out on an even happier life with someone who you might have really thought 'wow you are the one' about.

My neighbours broke up for this reason, because she was thinking 'what if?'.

A year later, they realised they missed each other and were happier together, 'warts and all' than they would be with the mythical tall dark handsome stranger, and got back together again. I think with the wondering if you're missing out, you don't always realise what you already have until you've lost it.
Reply 146
Original post by Gatlema
My neighbours broke up for this reason, because she was thinking 'what if?'.

A year later, they realised they missed each other and were happier together, 'warts and all' than they would be with the mythical tall dark handsome stranger, and got back together again. I think with the wondering if you're missing out, you don't always realise what you already have until you've lost it.

Very interesting perspective :smile:
I'm not sure I can stomach spending forever with myself let alone someone else.
Yes :smile:
maybe

Spoiler

I certainly feel like I have, but I guess you never know until "forever" is over. I still hold the belief there is someone for everyone, no matter how critical and scientific people are. I still believe in love.
Original post by junayd1998
Yes :smile:

Really?

Posted from TSR Mobile

well hopefully
No I am destined to be forever alone :sad: I guess it's my fate for being death afterall
Original post by junayd1998
well hopefully

Wat do u mean hopefully?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tasha_tah
Wat do u mean hopefully?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If all goes well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending