Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you found the one person you want to spend forever with? watch

ReputationRep:
    As we speak no.

I would hope so soon though.

ReputationRep:
    Is it ok if you are with someone and you don't know whether you want to be with them for the rest of your life, but you want to find out?

Case for: If there are old couples like this then that's basically living proof. Also, sometimes you think you have found the one but you haven't, so maybe you can find the one and not realise it until you one day realise you've like, built a life with them. Perhaps being realistic and not over romantic and over sentimental can actually help you build a life with someone.

Case against: If you stay with someone who is like that, who you love but don't instantly know they are the one, maybe you will have a happy life with them, but miss out on an even happier life with someone who you might have really thought 'wow you are the one' about.

Thoughts? Opinions? Asking for a friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IronicalMan)
    "nothing to do with loyalty" sloot
    Yet again, that does not imply that I'd leave. That doesn't imply anything for that matter. Simply states having found that person but knowing its not "forever" is "nothing to do with loyality". You'd think adults would understand how online replies work, guess not

As I said before, do learn how to read before you bother replying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katherine9609)
    Yet again, that does not imply that I'd leave. That doesn't imply anything for that matter. Simply states having found that person but knowing its not "forever" is "nothing to do with loyality". You'd think adults would understand how online replies work, guess not

As I said before, do learn how to read before you bother replying
    Well, that's a bad outlook, I'd hope anyone I was with would last forever, and even if it's not, loyalty is important....... But you're loyal, not cheating etc even if you know it's not forever, so I really don't know what you think loyal is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IronicalMan)
    Well, that's a bad outlook, I'd hope anyone I was with would last forever, and even if it's not, loyalty is important....... But you're loyal, not cheating etc even if you know it's not forever, so I really don't know what you think loyal is.
    I never spoke of a loyalty issue. I only mentioned that the issue of me not being a 100% the person thinks the same as me about me as I do about them, is NOT a loyalty issue. Thats all

Yup, too bad she's not interested in me:bebored:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katherine9609)
    in these times it's unlikely for them to be "forever"
    Feel sorry for this poor sod if he doesn't share the same attitude/isn't aware of it :erm:

(Original post by DropletInfection)
    U2 need to get a room with a bed in it
    Tell me about it :rolleyes:

(Original post by abc:))
    Is it ok if you are with someone and you don't know whether you want to be with them for the rest of your life, but you want to find out?
    Depends what stage you're at and what their stated vs. implied vs. sensed expectations/aspirations are. If you sense they're big into you and you're just not feeling it then 99 times out of 100 the best thing to do all round is to Gareth Bale on their ass

Asking for a friend
    Oh, sure :camp:

ReputationRep:
    Forever is a damn long time.

We've only been together just over three weeks so I'm sure as hell not making those kind of predictions

ReputationRep:
    Preferably myself, right?

I'm too young to say a definite yes, but I think if I had to stay with my boyfriend forever due to some unforeseen circumstance, I'd be pretty damn happy. I can't say 100% yes because we're young and haven't tested different issues and situations yet.

ReputationRep:
    There was a time when I thought I had, but I eventually realised that even though I loved and cared about him I was too unhappy in the relationship to stay in it forever and we weren't right for each other, so we broke up two months ago. I like to think that there is a person out there who'll be my 'one', but I'm also of the opinion that someone can be the 'one' for a particular time in your life and not necessarily for all of it. For now I'm content to be on my own untless someone special comes along.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

(Original post by abc:))
    Case against: If you stay with someone who is like that, who you love but don't instantly know they are the one, maybe you will have a happy life with them, but miss out on an even happier life with someone who you might have really thought 'wow you are the one' about.
    My neighbours broke up for this reason, because she was thinking 'what if?'.

A year later, they realised they missed each other and were happier together, 'warts and all' than they would be with the mythical tall dark handsome stranger, and got back together again. I think with the wondering if you're missing out, you don't always realise what you already have until you've lost it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gatlema)
    My neighbours broke up for this reason, because she was thinking 'what if?'.

A year later, they realised they missed each other and were happier together, 'warts and all' than they would be with the mythical tall dark handsome stranger, and got back together again. I think with the wondering if you're missing out, you don't always realise what you already have until you've lost it.
    Very interesting perspective

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I can stomach spending forever with myself let alone someone else.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    maybe
    Spoiler:
    Show
    maybe not

ReputationRep:
    I certainly feel like I have, but I guess you never know until "forever" is over. I still hold the belief there is someone for everyone, no matter how critical and scientific people are. I still believe in love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junayd1998)
    Yes
    Really?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha_tah)
    Really?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well hopefully

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.