Robot wars is BACK!

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    They have the CPZ's for the pushing robots already, I just think that it is stupid when a great machine like Razor gets eliminated as a result of a hole in the floor.
    Despite the fact Razer is one of the most notorious 'grab and pit' robots of the original run?

ReputationRep:
    One thing this series is lacking is Refbot!

Said no-one ever, glad they just brought back the classic four and none of the later ones

I agree about Thor though, seriously good experienced robot and seriously good experienced driver, he absolutely battered Shockwave in the head to head yet upset in the final, Shockwave wasn't the worst robot in the competition by any stretch, but I think Thor would have stood a much better chance in the Grand Final.

Mostly enjoying the series so far, there have been one or two downsides, like already said, there's a bit of odd, awkward editing with close-ups of the audience or teams in the middle of the fight and it's a shame it's such a short series this time, but I've liked it so far and I'm hoping there'll be one or two more oldies coming back in the rest of the series, I'd love to see Chaos 2 or Hypnodisc back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Despite the fact Razer is one of the most notorious 'grab and pit' robots of the original run?

Often when they were battering the opposition anyway.
    (Original post by Olie)

Said no-one ever, glad they just brought back the classic four and none of the later ones

I agree about Thor though, seriously good experienced robot and seriously good experienced driver, he absolutely battered Shockwave in the head to head yet upset in the final, Shockwave wasn't the worst robot in the competition by any stretch, but I think Thor would have stood a much better chance in the Grand Final.

Mostly enjoying the series so far, there have been one or two downsides, like already said, there's a bit of odd, awkward editing with close-ups of the audience or teams in the middle of the fight and it's a shame it's such a short series this time, but I've liked it so far and I'm hoping there'll be one or two more oldies coming back in the rest of the series, I'd love to see Chaos 2 or Hypnodisc back.
    I wonder why they did not enter, the same for Mortis, that expensive Axe robot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    They have the CPZ's for the pushing robots already, I just think that it is stupid when a great machine like Razor gets eliminated as a result of a hole in the floor.
    Agreed, I have fond memories of Razer. It's actually one of the few robots (aside from the house ones) that I remember. Too bad it ended that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)

Sir Killalot wasn't one of the four original house robots. Sgt Bash was. :moon:

I really miss Refbot, or at least having an easily obvious way of counting out robots. Though they'd have had to really beef up Refbot if they brought it back, and I'll admit two huge house robots in the arena at once is probably enough.

There's four old but upgraded robots coming back in the next episode, plus another old team with an all-new machine. :yes:

Wheely big cheese needs to come back :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Sir Killalot wasn't one of the four original house robots. Sgt Bash was. :moon:

I really miss Refbot, or at least having an easily obvious way of counting out robots. Though they'd have had to really beef up Refbot if they brought it back, and I'll admit two huge house robots in the arena at once is probably enough.

There's four old but upgraded robots coming back in the next episode, plus another old team with an all-new machine. :yes:
    The little kid from Bigger Brother hasn't changed one little bit :lol:

ReputationRep:
    has it started yet? or are we waiting on a date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    The little kid from Bigger Brother hasn't changed one little bit :lol:
    That was my immediate thought when looking at Or Te's page, but Joe Watts isn't in this year's team (he'd be in his 20s now :zomg:). I think that's a younger brother, only twelve, so might not even have been born when Series 7 aired. :p:

...unless they cryogenically froze him for all these years. :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alextaylor6)
    It started two weeks ago! ^_^

That was my immediate thought when looking at Or Te's page, but Joe Watts isn't in this year's team (he'd be in his 20s now :zomg:). I think that's a younger brother, only twelve, so might not even have been born when Series 7 aired. :p:

...unless they cryogenically froze him for all these years. :zomg:
    Jesus Christ. That's showing our age :lol:

ReputationRep:
    The first episode aired a couple of weeks back. Ep 3 is 8 PM on Sunday. You can still catch the two that have aired on iPlayer, though. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    The first episode aired a couple of weeks back. Ep 3 is 8 PM on Sunday. You can still catch the two that have aired on iPlayer, though. :yes:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    It started two weeks ago! ^_^

Jesus Christ. That's showing our age :lol:
    fuuuk I've been missing out XD, time to go watch

ReputationRep:
    fuuuk I've been missing out XD, time to go watch
    Two hours of back to back Robot Wars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salamandastron)
    Wheely big cheese needs to come back :moon:
    I remember they took a battering from hypnodisc, imagine what Carbide would do!
    Think the time has come where exposed wheels are a big no no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Shockwave build video.

ReputationRep:
    And for anyone who wanted to see more of Chimera in action:

It's quite effective against wood and thin plastic - two things most robots don't use as armour these days. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Episode 3 preview from the BBC - we have a wooden, petrol driven robot, everybody!

ReputationRep:
    Episode 3 preview from the BBC - we have a wooden, petrol driven robot, everybody!

I REALLY hope we have a really powerful spinner in that heat! The damage would just be catastrophic :teehee:

And for anyone who wanted to see more of Chimera in action:

It's quite effective against wood and thin plastic - two things most robots don't use as armour these days. :p:
    Looks just like one from the old days!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    I REALLY hope we have a really powerful spinner in that heat! The damage would just be catastrophic :teehee:
    We have Supernova, which wasn't a bad spinner at all by Series 6-7 standards, and will hopefully have had some upgrades.

wood + petrol + fire pit =

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.