2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ay42)
    Ah! Misread the previous post. Thanks
    Worth bearing in mind though that Deutsche Bank will decline your application for a Full-Time role if you have more than 12 months experience since graduation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Worth bearing in mind though that Deutsche Bank will decline your application for a Full-Time role if you have more than 12 months experience since graduation.
    Thanks man. Does this include internships?

Glad I haven't wasted my time on applying then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ay42)
    Thanks man. Does this include internships?

Glad I haven't wasted my time on applying then!
    Does not include internships.

Does not apply to internships either but they seem strict on what type of candidate can apply to what internship. Check on their website using the navigation bar, under "Programme Eligibility".

If you have more than 12 months full-time work experience post-graduation (i.e. graduate scheme somewhere else) you should look at 'Experienced Hire' roles which will very likely include some Analyst roles anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Just wondering if its possible to apply concurrently for both summer internship and grad roles? I'm currently going onto my final year of my studies and I am planning on doing a Masters, but only if I get into my target university. Of course if I got the grad role I would pick if over doing a Masters (probably just come back later to do a MBA afterwards)

But anyway, it it possible to apply for both?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theolck)
    Hey,

Just wondering if its possible to apply concurrently for both summer internship and grad roles? I'm currently going onto my final year of my studies and I am planning on doing a Masters, but only if I get into my target university. Of course if I got the grad role I would pick if over doing a Masters (probably just come back later to do a MBA afterwards)

But anyway, it it possible to apply for both?

Cheers!
    obvs not at the same bank! just dont mention your master on some applications (FT) and mention masters on some other apps (SA)... simples

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it's worth applying for graduate programs in top BB if I did no summer but placement year in another big bank (2nd tier), and know nobody in the team (i.e. no networking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d_cj)
    Do you think it's worth applying for graduate programs in top BB if I did no summer but placement year in another big bank (2nd tier), and know nobody in the team (i.e. no networking?
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone hear from GS/MS/JPM already? Applied there 2-4 weeks ago and still no response

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frottnex)
    Did anyone hear from GS/MS/JPM already? Applied there 2-4 weeks ago and still no response
    Have not heard anything either...

ReputationRep:
    Does DB have a numerical test? Didn't get one right away, as with other banks.

ReputationRep:
    DB did have one, at least the last couple of years. However, it takes like 2 weeks to get an invitation. They seem to have some pre screening

ReputationRep:
    I just sent off a application for the J.P. Morgan risk management summer analyst scheme. Law is my primary aim but I would like to see where I get with this application even though I am not holding my breath with the amount of choice the bank will have. Nice simple app form at least. They did ask me if I was part of SEO on the form so maybe that will help lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amal90)
    Does DB have a numerical test? Didn't get one right away, as with other banks.
    Just got the invitation, I submitted my application 2 days ago (CIB).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arrow92)
    Same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    Same.
    this for summer intern, and ur final year right?

ReputationRep:
    this for SA? And ur final year right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sreddy17)
    this for SA? And ur final year right?
    It is for Corporate Finance and I am final year, yes.

ReputationRep:
    It is for Corporate Finance and I am final year, yes.
    Nice, got mine 2 days later as well...

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I am in my last year at university this October. However, I would rather apply to Summer Analyst roles than Graduate roles. But Credit Suisse for example states that you explicitly have to be in your penultimate year to be eligible for the program. However, if i just write in my cover letter that I am intending to do a masters after my bachelor (although I dont want to), will I be able to apply for the Summer Analyst role?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Does UBS just do a numerical? Or do they still do logical as well? Do they send straight after sending application with 48 hours to complete?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.