Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else been up 24 hrs straight? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreadfuse)
    what gave me away? yeah I should probably put my face up somewhere
    The thing under your name says you're a girl...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    24? I did 44 once, for a 10kword assignment.
    Yea well I've done longer than 24 hrs just at the time of the thread creation that weren't the case. Not tryna go for a world record here. 10k isn't a lot if you outline, it'll only seem like a lot if you've no idea where to start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    oh right, um yeah that too

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raniafern)
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :toofunny:
    :toofunny: shhh

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny: shhh
    Alright

Yea well I've done longer than 24 hrs just at the time of the thread creation that weren't the case. Not tryna go for a world record here. 10k isn't a lot if you outline, it'll only seem like a lot if you've no idea where to start.
    I know - I'm a fantasy novelist.

Yep, when I was on night shifts. No time to sleep when one finished, because I had a hospital appointment in another city.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever? What kinda adventurous life you livin mate?
    I'm from London but live in Tokyo, so do a lot of flying between the two haha

ReputationRep:
    Ikr that's when my insomnia started. It became a nocturnal lifestyle because I had late classes, and all night revising. Untold times I was in the library til dawn -___- I went from starving to binge eating as well because of the schedule and budgeting lol

how'd you get back into a normal sleeping routine?
    Oh, this happened last year, before my exams... Yeah, I'm still in school, but the pressure kept me awake. I'd sleep for maybe 30 mins at a stretch then wake up in the middle of the night, only to fall asleep after another 30 mins... Was terrible :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, this happened last year, before my exams... Yeah, I'm still in school, but the pressure kept me awake. I'd sleep for maybe 30 mins at a stretch then wake up in the middle of the night, only to fall asleep after another 30 mins... Was terrible :cry2:
    Well you seem to have a good sched now waking up at 7am. To answer your other question about how much I sleep:

my pills have melatonin in it which are sleep chemicals in the brain that insomniacs are short of. So if I take the proper dose, it transmits those chemicals and I fall into a deep ass coma like sleep lol and for however long as my body needs it. On avg it's like a good 5 hr sleep after I shut down from the dose but sometimes it works so good that it's only 3 hrs. And I'd just be up in the middle of the night like wide ****ing awake. So I occasionally gotta overdose just to make up for lost time though.

ReputationRep:
    Well you seem to have a good sched now waking up at 7am. To answer your other question about how much I sleep:

my pills have melatonin in it which are sleep chemicals in the brain that insomniacs are short of. So if I take the proper dose, it transmits those chemicals and I fall into a deep ass coma like sleep lol and for however long as my body needs it. On avg it's like a good 5 hr sleep after I shut down from the dose but sometimes it works so good that it's only 3 hrs. And I'd just be up in the middle of the night like wide ****ing awake. So I occasionally gotta overdose just to make up for lost time though.
    :toofunny: Wow, you've got to be careful when you deal with this jazz, I never knew! I thought it was like a standard dosage which gives you standard results... I've got another question: If you took your dose last night, how come you couldn't sleep? Are there times when your meds fail to have the necessary effect on you?

ReputationRep:

How did you convince your Doctor to give you melatonin as they are tight as ****

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny: Wow, you've got to be careful when you deal with this jazz, I never knew! I thought it was like a standard dosage which gives you standard results... I've got another question: If you took your dose last night, how come you couldn't sleep? Are there times when your meds fail to have the necessary effect on you?
    I do sleep but I made the thread when I tried to stay awake for 24 hrs so I could take the pill at night, instead of waking up at night :lol: since we last spoke though I didn't sleep but that's because I didn't take the pill yet lol I think that's why some ppl get addicted to this **** because it knocks em out quick and keeps em up since they're no longer tired so...there's strong pros and cons to it. I like taking them it's just all about when.

ReputationRep:
    I have many times. Normally collapse around 35 hours

ReputationRep:
    I do sleep but I made the thread when I tried to stay awake for 24 hrs so I could take the pill at night, instead of waking up at night :lol: since we last spoke though I didn't sleep but that's because I didn't take the pill yet lol I think that's why some ppl get addicted to this **** because it knocks em out quick and keeps em up since they're no longer tired so...there's strong pros and cons to it. I like taking them it's just all about when.
    Thanks, now I'm super-interested in melatonin pills How long have you stayed awake without the pill, and approx. how long does it take to fall asleep after a regular dose.
    P.S. I almost typed melanin :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, now I'm super-interested in melatonin pills How long have you stayed awake without the pill, and approx. how long does it take to fall asleep after a regular dose.
    P.S. I almost typed melanin :rofl: :rofl:
    Lool I don't take skin colour tabs Ermm I can stay awake for over 24 hrs without it -points to thread title-
    I don't know how long it takes to fall asleep because it proper knocks you out like I can't explain it, but I wake up kind of forgetting the nite before so >_> I wanna say 30 mins it takes. Anyway it can be dangerous just sayin :\

ReputationRep:
    Lool I don't take skin colour tabs Ermm I can stay awake for over 24 hrs without it -points to thread title-
    I don't know how long it takes to fall asleep because it proper knocks you out like I can't explain it, but I wake up kind of forgetting the nite before so >_> I wanna say 30 mins it takes. Anyway it can be dangerous just sayin :\
    Okay, yeah I know... the thread title says 24 hhours, but I was wondering whether you could stay up longer... Okay, cool. Yeah, I've heard of a LOOOOOT of people who overdosed on sleeping tabs big time, some who didn't even wake up the next morning.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, yeah I know... the thread title says 24 hhours, but I was wondering whether you could stay up longer... Okay, cool. Yeah, I've heard of a LOOOOOT of people who overdosed on sleeping tabs big time, some who didn't even wake up the next morning.
    -___- Well yea I was hesitant to take them because of that so I am slowly learning how to properly dose. Because I'd be all refreshed at midnight like that's not normal lol. Anyway yea I've been in a zombie like state for almost a week, but not recently since I take pills. I don't think I can live without them honestly, I'd never sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goaded)
    I have many times. Normally collapse around 35 hours
    Oh. It's you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.