Turn on thread page Beta

St George's, University of London - Medicine 2017 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edasansel)
    IB Predicted Scores: 7,7,7 for HL (including Chemistry and Biology) and 7,7,7 for SL with A,A for TOK and EE. Overall: 45

UKCAT: VR 600 QR 690 AR 620 Overall: 1910
    Have you applied for the international course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Have you applied for the international course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied for the regular 5-year course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edasansel)
    I applied for the regular 5-year course.
    Hmmm weird you got another email then as I have 2000 and i think they rank on UKCAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm weird you got another email then as I have 2000 and i think they rank on UKCAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 2040 so I don't think it is ranked on ikcat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimout)
    I got 2040 so I don't think it is ranked on ikcat

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you have an extra email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 2040 so I don't think it is ranked on ukcat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you have an extra email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry, somehow my message sent twice. But no, only the initial cutoff email, and people I know with very high ukcats eg 750+ haven't heard anything either

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, somehow my message sent twice. But no, only the initial cutoff email, and people I know with very high ukcats eg 750+ haven't heard anything either

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah good cos I've only had the initial email too 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah good cos I've only had the initial email too 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah i got 2060 and no email! Glad, I got frightened then that people had an email I didn't!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKAsamuel)
    Yeah i got 2060 and no email! Glad, I got frightened then that people had an email I didn't!!
    Tbh I don't know why I'm worried about not having an email cos everytime I get an email nowadays I get so scared to check anyway 😂 the one from st George's took me 5 minutes to open as I was freaking out in case I didn't meet the cut off 😂 I'm actually ridiculous 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I don't know why I'm worried about not having an email cos everytime I get an email nowadays I get so scared to check anyway 😂 the one from st George's took me 5 minutes to open as I was freaking out in case I didn't meet the cut off 😂 I'm actually ridiculous 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same!! I just hope when it comes to interviews (if i get one) that I prepare enough and do well, I'd be devastated if I didn't get in!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I refresh about 100 times a day and I wish I was exaggerating bc As soon as I get over it and stop refreshing, I'm sure the emails will start arriving!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKAsamuel)
    Same!! I just hope when it comes to interviews (if i get one) that I prepare enough and do well, I'd be devastated if I didn't get in!
    Me too but I guess we should stay positive and remember that if you have an interview you've already beat a lot of people (at the end of the day it's one huge competition and you just have to play the system to win or in this case get an offer 😉). You've made it through every hurdle academically and now you're here, good enough for medicine, so you just have to showcase it! Like I said you've made it this far so it's just a few more last hurdles really, I definitely need to have more faith in myself as well because the fact I've made it to this stage shows I have potential to get into medicine (to an extent) without sounding cocky I just mean cos of interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I refresh about 100 times a day and I wish I was exaggerating bc As soon as I get over it and stop refreshing, I'm sure the emails will start arriving!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah I'm the same 😂 my heart actually dropped when I saw an email from st George's and read the word UKCAT cut off, and I have that to go for 2 more uni's yet 😂 pls help me 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Me too but I guess we should stay positive and remember that if you have an interview you've already beat a lot of people (at the end of the day it's one huge competition and you just have to play the system to win or in this case get an offer 😉). You've made it through every hurdle academically and now you're here, good enough for medicine, so you just have to showcase it! Like I said you've made it this far so it's just a few more last hurdles really, I definitely need to have more faith in myself as well because the fact I've made it to this stage shows I have potential to get into medicine (to an extent) without sounding cocky I just mean cos of interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree!! I'm sure we should be fine <3

ReputationRep:
    Nah I'm the same 😂 my heart actually dropped when I saw an email from st George's and read the word UKCAT cut off, and I have that to go for 2 more uni's yet 😂 pls help me 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I immediately think it's a rejection when I see anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know! I'm waiting for Liverpool to reject me because of my PS tbh😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, I applied to Liverpool too! Not expecting that one for a while tho, as they haven't started sending anything yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same, I applied to Liverpool too! Not expecting that one for a while tho, as they haven't started sending anything yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that's true, probably a good thing I won't hear for a while 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok...so ive been browsing on other threads for a while and it turns out some people have started to get offers from SGUL. Anyone here??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.