The desi chat thread!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)

Mein bhi theek hoon. Bus garmi bohoth ho rahi hai. :cry:Meri ami billi paal ne nahi deti. :bawling:
    Awwww :console:

Dw, ek din aap zaroor le paoge :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    XxKingSniprxX you can join us here too if you like?
    It hurts my brain translating everything people say and even then I can only understand 50-50 of what people are saying.

Even if I respond back my spelling is always off so I just don't bother. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Why not?

We have a rather large desi community on TSR, so I thought it'd be a good idea to gather people from all desi backgrounds into a big chat thread that everyone can use.

This is your space to talk about absolutely anything. And I'd encourage you to use your own language(s)

I wonder how much interest we can generate :beard: Tagging a few to start off. The more the merrier! :lol:
    I have watched DDLJ and Kuch kuch hota hai, do I pass as a desi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raizelcadres)
    There's more to being a desi than just watching two SRK films which most non-desi's will have seen too, lol. What else do you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raizelcadres)
    :lol:

Your taste in films is commendable but what other desi attributes do you possess?

(Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    It hurts my brain translating everything people say and even then I can only understand 50-50 of what people are saying.

Even if I respond back my spelling is always off so I just don't bother. :dontknow:
    Awww :console:

Practice makes perfect

ReputationRep:
    My favourite hindi films are Swades and Main Hoon na and the one where shahrukh khan owns trucks and marries rani mukherjee.

ReputationRep:

Your taste in films is commendable but what other desi attributes do you possess?

Achcha doosre logon ko poochne se pehle, zaraa aap ke upar hum nazar daalte hai na? :teehee:
    Aapke andar woh kaunsi desi guNa hai? Naa toh aap desi kapde pahente hai, desi dukaan mein nahi jaate........ kya karte ho tum? :toofunny: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrahim)
    My favourite hindi films are Swades and Main Hoon na and the one where shahrukh khan owns trucks and marries rani mukherjee.
    Chalte Chalte :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Chalte Chalte :yep:
    yeah great film, forgot what the ending was though, think they had a fight? Personally I wouldn't mind that life. owning trucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrahim)
    yeah great film, forgot what the ending was though, think they had a fight? Personally I wouldn't mind that life. owning trucks
    Can't remember. I watched it once, like when it was released back in 2003 so I'm surprised I even remember the fact that SRK owned trucks in that film :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Achcha doosre logon ko poochne se pehle, zaraa aap ke upar hum nazar daalte hai na? :teehee:
    Aapke andar woh kaunsi desi guNa hai? Naa toh aap desi kapde pahente hai, desi dukaan mein nahi jaate........ kya karte ho tum? :toofunny: :rofl:
    :rofl:

Umm well I can speak a few of our languages, I listen to some desi music and I do watch the odd Bollywood film :yep:

So I'm at least a little bit desi :hand:

ReputationRep:
    Awww :console:

Practice makes perfect
    I just don't see the point so I just don't bother ... guess its not meant to be. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Aapke andar woh kaunsi desi guNa hai? Naa toh aap desi kapde pahente hai, desi dukaan mein nahi jaate........ kya karte ho tum :toofunny: :rofl:
    I'm triggered by this inconsistency. :slap:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    I'm triggered by this inconsistency. :slap:
    :rofl: I've done it so many times in the past!

:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    Your take on the Armenian Genocide ?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: I've done it so many times in the past!

:toofunny:
    You won't be doing it in future, or you will face my thick, rubber chappal. :mwuaha:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    You won't be doing it in future, or you will face my thick, rubber chappal. :mwuaha:
    Not really concerned about your chappal, but if you brought out your wooden rolling pin: :afraid:

paranoid again :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Not really concerned about your chappal, but if you brought out your wooden rolling pin: :afraid:

I think you underestimate my chappal, effendi. It was made for especially for beating, not wearing.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Indeterminate;66500378]:lol:

I watch indian dramas with my mama :P (I love how they exaggerate everything by zooming in and having a drum sound in the background )

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.