Bake off 2016!!!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    So the production company reportedly wanted £25m per year, with the BBC offering £15m per year (which is double what they currently pay).

Absolutely disgraceful. They let the BBC build the show to what it is then turn they're backs on them when the BBC refuses to be mugged off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Morsey_)
    This year will be the last year of GBBO on the BBC. Gutted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37344292
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    IKR So annoyed.
    I am tempted not to watch it just to give the new owners lower viewing figures especially if it's like ITV or sky.
    It is the soul of Britishness and it should be on the first channel of Britain not some ad-filled money maker who wants to extort millions out of common people and ruin every program.
    (Original post by Wirefox)
    Great British Bake Off is a BBC thing, it will be ruined by constant adverts breaks when they want to hype up the tension.
    It annoys me that the company behind GBBO put money before class and they have lost a viewer. I doubt Mary and Paul will go with them and for some reason I hope they don't as I think GBBO has now lost its sparkle.
    I agree with all of you - it's ridiculous. I can imagine they'd get rid of Mary Berry and replace her with some annoying young, good-looking presenter or something. I hope the judges/Mel and Sue refuse to do it, although they'll probably be offered loads of cash for it. I can't imagine it with ads

(Original post by retro_turtles)
    only time will tell, well atleast we can enjoy the current season and hope that Val goes home...
    lmao - Val is so annoying!

ReputationRep:
    Just gonna join the conversation here and ask: do you guys think that they will manage to get the judges and Mel and Sue to stay?? I just don't think the show would work without them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyImKate)
    Just gonna join the conversation here and ask: do you guys think that they will manage to get the judges and Mel and Sue to stay?? I just don't think the show would work without them.
    I hope they all leave, because then C4 will realise they've made a big mistake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyImKate)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Mary Berry, a sellout?? Never

ReputationRep:
    YES!! Go Mel and Sue!!!

Bet Love Productions are already regretting their decision... Choosing C4 over the channel which made the show what they are - for £10 million. ****ing greedy ******s.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe Mel and Sue are leaving; I have upmost respect for those two now and I'm so proud that they care more about the quality instead of the money!
    I still don't think Mary and Paul will stay but it will never be same without Mel and Sue....

BRING BAKE OFF BACK TO THE BBC!

ReputationRep:
    I hope Paul and Mary quit too. Then C4 will have paid £25m for a tent in a field

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure this is the worst day of my life

RIP bake off

ReputationRep:
    I hope the BBC starts up a new baking show that is similar to bake off but just different enough that they cant be sued.

ReputationRep:
    Get the production company behind MasterChef to produce a baker version, MasterBaker, but with an altered format and to accommodate Mel, Sue, Mary and Paul.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Not sure Mary would approve of that name though.

ReputationRep:
    and Val still hasn't left. Poor Kate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rav should have gone
    I am so annoyed he didn't.
    His signature was mediocre, he came very near bottom in the technical (I think he actually came bottom) and his churros would be better suited to playing pooh sticks. How is this guy still in the tent? And why did Mary look straight over him when it came to people who had failed this week. I am so annoyed, Kate should still be in that tent, not Rav.

ReputationRep:
    Rav should have gone
    His signature was mediocre, he came very near bottom in the technical (I think he actually came bottom) and his churros would be better suited to playing pooh sticks. How is this guy still in the tent? And why did Mary look straight over him when it came to people who had failed this week. I am so annoyed, Kate should still be in that tent, not Rav.
    I think it was because they wanted to keep the tent multiracial and also due to the fact that he puts in different flavours making the show more interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGGUS)
    I think it was because they wanted to keep the tent multiracial and also due to the fact that he puts in different flavours making the show more interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The tent still would have been multi racial if he had left?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rav should have gone imo

(Original post by blackdiamond97)
    The tent still would have been multi racial if he had left?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can I just admire your avatar :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Rav should have gone
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    Rav should have gone imo
    Dunno I think Kate has been weaker than Rav all season! She's also way more annoying - it's like we get it, you live on a farm :rolleyes: Rav is really funny and sweet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    Can I just admire your avatar :ahee:
    Can I just admire your taste in TV shows

ReputationRep:
    I'm kinda glad Kate left. She was a bit annoying, and Rav is adorable and his bakes are more interesting

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.