Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    No, I wouldn't have stood, I didn't want to be leader of the Liberals.

Bull. The overall consensus last term was not to go into Government again.
    Did I just imagine the vote about whether or not we should be in government?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    No, you didn't.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    What good does your whining achieve? I'm with Petros on this on this one—you're a coward who didn't get his way despite the majority opinion being different and then instead of attempting to take things into your own hands (presumably because you knew you wouldn't get the required support), you jumped the boat and now you're throwing **** at it from the water out of spite. :dontknow:
    Removing Joe from the Cabinet was simply out of spite that it didn't pass so stop being a hypocrite again.

ReputationRep:
    No, you didn't.
    What was the result of this vote?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Removing Joe from the Cabinet was simply out of spite that it didn't pass so stop being a hypocrite again.
    To be fair, it was because I refused to follow a whip.

ReputationRep:
    It's all you entryists...

Spoiler:
    Show
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I tried, several party members joined me.

Petros is too busy trying to retain his title as DPM than care about anyone else.
    You have chosen to leave which I respect, however, it is strange you spent your time in the Liberal defending against my claims the Liberals were interested in titles, but when you defect to Labour you start supporting what I have been saying for a long time: the Liberal leadership is power hungry for titles.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    What was the result of this vote?
    I actually can't remember :P

But actually, I wasn't talking about that vote. After failing in 4 successive Governments, the consensus last term was to stay out until negotiations started and Petros convinced the party to jump into bed with the Conservatives.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    You have chosen to leave which I respect, however, it is strange you spent your time in the Liberal defending against my claims the Liberals were interested in titles, but when you defect to Labour you start supporting what I have been saying for a long time: the Liberal leadership is power hungry for titles.
    The Liberals are kingmakers, I don't think the vast majority of them are interested in titles to be completely honest - I do mean it.

PetrosAC knows what I think though, but I don't consider him any less of a friend and none of this is anything that I haven't said in private in the 10 months I was in the Liberals.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    To be fair, it was because I refused to follow a whip.
    Ok but it was still a spiteful thing to do as I'm certain he wouldn't have done that if the bill had passed.

ReputationRep:

But actually, I wasn't talking about that vote. After failing in 4 successive Governments, the consensus last term was to stay out until negotiations started and Petros convinced the party to jump into bed with the Conservatives.
    You mean petros did his job and negotiated a coalition agreement to let the party decide whether or not we should join? What a terrible leader doing what he is supposed to.

ReputationRep:
    You really are rather slow, aren't you? :rolleyes: We've said it many times: he violated the coalition agreement and broke a constitutional convention.

I refer you to your own advice:

Have you heard of this thing called being quiet?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador

The vote to enter the Government was 10-4 and 3 of those 4 are not active (weren't then and aren't now). The only person that from the start can say he didn't want to enter Government is Snufkin.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    You really are rather slow, aren't you? :rolleyes: We've said it many times: he violated the coalition agreement and broke a constitutional convention.

I refer you to your own advice:
    Oh. You forgot to ignore me again. :rolleyes: I really do think it is you who should take my advice onboard.

ReputationRep:
    You know, through page upon page of arguments about constitutional legitimacy, internal party democracy and Liberal leadership disputes, there's an alarming lack of any reason whatsoever we should vote to keep you in government when you clearly can't agree with each other, can't even handle internal disputes let alone unite against external threats, and haven't produced anything of note all term except malice, spite and an incredibly nasty atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Point of note as a newbie but if you ever want to lead the Liberals in the moons to come , this is the type of thing that you bring up internally. By publicly backing a VoNC what your also saying is that you don't have confidence in the governing parties and by extension Liberals.

That said, your reason is at least more valid than most even if you did declare unwavering support less than a week ago.
    I only decided for sure once Petros told me he would be deselecting me. Despite all my doubts I would have voted for the government, but I wasn't asked that question. And me leading the Liberals? I don't think I have a future with the Liberals anymore.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    I only decided for sure once Petros told me he would be deselecting me. Despite all my doubts I would have voted for the government, but I wasn't asked that question. And me leading the Liberals? I don't think I have a future with the Liberals anymore.
    If I was in your position there would be a MoNC called against Petros for bad leadership, by not calling a MoNC you are stating you are not capable to be the Liberal Party leader, the Liberal Party has no talent in, and Petros is free to do what he likes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    If I was in your position there would be a MoNC called against Petros for bad leadership, by not calling a MoNC you are stating you are not capable to be the Liberal Party leader, the Liberal Party has no talent in, and Petros is free to do what he likes.
    I don't want to be leader....and for what its worth, I still think Petros is a really good leader.

And you are 10000% correct, I couldn't be the leader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    You know, through page upon page of arguments about constitutional legitimacy, internal party democracy and Liberal leadership disputes, there's an alarming lack of any reason whatsoever we should vote to keep you in government when you clearly can't agree with each other, can't even handle internal disputes let alone unite against external threats, and haven't produced anything of note all term except malice, spite and an incredibly nasty atmosphere.
    We have already had the discussion on the first MoNC the one that has somehow not ended or ongoing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Please tell me this is a joke...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Personally I thought his comment was a bit disrespectful myself.

Mr. Speaker, if I was you, I wouldn't accept that violation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.