Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GLS training contract application Watch

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AustinTX)
    That's interesting. The first six spent in external chambers sounds fascinating though.
    I think that depends on the person - I know some who hated it and some who never really got over leaving it to go back in house...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    I think that depends on the person - I know some who hated it and some who never really got over leaving it to go back in house...
    I can imagine. It seems odd to go through different training structures to end up in the same job. Why do they bother?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AustinTX)
    I can imagine. It seems odd to go through different training structures to end up in the same job. Why do they bother?
    Each of the professions has different requirements. As for why they bother to have both I don't know. The job is basically a fused profession - doesn't fit either branch comfortably

ReputationRep:
    Each of the professions has different requirements. As for why they bother to have both I don't know. The job is basically a fused profession - doesn't fit either branch comfortably
    And has it lived up to your expectations in terms of the breadth of work you deal with and how interesting it is?

ReputationRep:
    I presume no one has heard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simba03)
    I presume no one has heard?

Not me

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything

ReputationRep:
    No, absolute agony!

ReputationRep:
    Not a wombat!

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Driving me mad! Was sure we'd hear today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea how many passed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simba03)
    Does anyone have any idea how many passed?
    No clue. Either we're all PFOed or they've not sent offers out yet...

ReputationRep:
    Please excuse my ignorance. PFO? eh?

ReputationRep:
    "Please **** off" colloquial term for a rejection

ReputationRep:
    Makes perfect sense!!

ReputationRep:
    But, my gut feeling is that offers haven't yet gone out. Would be quite odd if in the obviously smallish number of people left in the race that none of us had got an offer!

ReputationRep:
    I agree. I don't think they've told anyone yet. I reckon at least one of us will hear when they start contacting people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr_sleuth)
    But, my gut feeling is that offers haven't yet gone out. Would be quite odd if in the obviously smallish number of people left in the race that none of us had got an offer!
    I think the AC has 100ish so not beyond the realms of possibility

ReputationRep:
    100ish passed? I think 136 attended

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean those who passed? As Simba says, 136 attended the actual AC.

A follow-up e-mail was then sent out on the 26th to those who had 'passed' the AC, and those who had 'failed'. I think the question was relating to the number that had 'passed' it, i.e. those who were through to the final stage. As I've said previously, could in theory be 1 or 136 as it appears to be based on the objective scoring criteria...But I'm guessing not that many passed?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.