The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    When we would play heads down thumbs up and I would never get picked to be on and my teacher would say 'don't worry you can be on next lesson' but I never was.
    Heads down thumbs up - what an amazing game though. Those were the days...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    I feel like this is a universal lie that has been going on for hundreds of years

The cake can be a reality if you really believe!

oh cool! =o just impossible to find?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qmwnebrv)
    In PE, if we tried really hard we would get a maccies lol.
    Never happened.
    hahahah lmao

ReputationRep:
    During year 11 in PE we had to choose options are were promised to go swimming, cycling ect yet we still ended up playing bench ball
    6 weeks in a row

ReputationRep:
    "This dude got 20 A*s in his GCSE's and 7 A*s in his A-levels but was rejected from Oxford because he didn't do any extra-curricular stuff" - assembly at start of Year 12, so you need to do loads of extra stuff

-"We don't care about extra-curricular activities" - teacher at Oxford

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    "This dude got 20 A*s in his GCSE's and 7 A*s in his A-levels but was rejected from Oxford because he didn't do any extra-curricular stuff, so you must do loads of extra stuff" - assembly at start of Year 12

-"We don't care about extra-curricular activities" - admissions tutor talking about Oxford and Cambridge application process

ReputationRep:
    Heads down thumbs up - what an amazing game though. Those were the days...
    Trust lol 😂

ReputationRep:
    Head of UCAS was reading my PS and said there wasn't enough extra curricular activities for Oxford. Mock interview - deputy head asked no chemistry questions and insisted Oxford would ask general questions about how I would contribute to the college O.O

ReputationRep:
    The biggest fib I was ever told was that the fleshy bit between thumb and index finger was where our wings once sprouted from when we were pterodactyls because they're what we evolved from Primary teachers are weird.

But on behalf of the teaching profession: sorry guys. We'll do what we have to to get you to work. My year 11s are still waiting for the Freddos I promised them at the start of the year :shh:

And the difference between GCSE and A level explanations kills us. We hate doing it but it'd break your brains if we didn't! The worst thing I have to do is teach it the way the exam board explains things rather than how stuff actually works. Bleurgh!

ReputationRep:
    Cant be asked to use brain to remmember here for the Ipad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    But on behalf of the teaching profession: sorry guys. We'll do what we have to to get you to work. My year 11s are still waiting for the Freddos I promised them at the start of the year :shh:
    You're one of them!! :shock:

ReputationRep:
    that one kid who cracked they skull when they leaned back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    "This dude got 20 A*s in his GCSE's and 7 A*s in his A-levels but was rejected from Oxford because he didn't do any extra-curricular stuff" - assembly at start of Year 12, so you need to do loads of extra stuff

-"We don't care about extra-curricular activities" - teacher at Oxford

actually thats true, he went to stanford instead

ReputationRep:
    You're one of them!! :shock:
    *evil cackle*

ReputationRep:
    When they tell you to stop rocking on your chair because "they knew someone who cracked their head open doing it"

ReputationRep:
    That if i got an A in geography i would get a twirl

ReputationRep:
    "Everyone is getting a tablet next year"

And if you say you can't see she would reply "open your eyes"

ReputationRep:
    1) "I'll mark your tests for the next lesson."

2) "Buy this £30 textbook, it's very helpful." *Worst textbook ever*

3) "You're my favourite class."

4) "You won't get in trouble if you tell the truth."

ReputationRep:
    In primary school, we got told that you mustn't start a sentence with 'because'. GCSE level teacher: "Try mixing up your sentence starters; for example, start with the connective 'because'. Student: "But Sir, in primary school we got told you can't start a sentence with 'because'. Teacher: "Well, they were lying".

ReputationRep:
    "You'll have plenty of time to do other things..."
    "You don't have to be studying 24/7"

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.