Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    I'm busying myself by doing the summer work I need to do for school. I really hope that it was worth starting it, in case I have to retake a year or leave.... what will be will be. I just need to make sure I'm okay with the outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can't even focus on the summer work, which isn't good, it sounds like it'll be me rushing it over the weekend/Friday to be honest...
    I don't know why I'm so worried because I know they dont count for half as much as they used too, but I guess I just get insecure about my intelligence when I mess up academically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igotnomoney)
    Anyone did aqa physics, aqa chemistry, aqa maths or edexcel business stuudies????
    AQA physics- Second paper ruined my life.
    AQA Maths- C2 Wrecked my life even more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-for-all)
    Core 2

ReputationRep:
    what i need:

AAAB

what im going to get:

CCCD

How about you?
    Honestly, I would be happy with CCCD because I can improve the CCC to B/A if I work harder and smarter in Year 13, I'll just take a gap year and apply post-A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    AS results, while relatively important, aren't THAT important. You can always resit exams the next year and probably do much better considering the following year of experience in the subject. You'll be fine
    My school won't let us resit the AS-Levels. And I've heard the same for many other schools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asmuse123)
    My school won't let us resit the AS-Levels. And I've heard the same for many other schools.
    Any reason why? That's ridiculous?

ReputationRep:
    Pray for low grade boundaries
    The amount of stupid things in C2 that I got wrong.
    And physics lol I can barely remember that exam because it was that bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    I haven't slept properly since my last English language exam
    Did you do the AQA english language exam (AS)?! That was my least favourite exam EVER it was horrifying I'm so scared that I'll get a C or D in the exam!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by blue2337)
    Did you do the AQA english language exam (AS)?! That was my least favourite exam EVER it was horrifying I'm so scared that I'll get a C or D in the exam!
    Sure did!

I lost track of time on paper 1 so missed the last question pretty much. And on paper 2, I really really made some stupid issues with theorists, and that article...

I don't even want to think about how badly that 'article' (more like me writing garbage which doesn't deserve to be marked, in hopes that the examiner will take pity on me and give me marks... as I panic about my future quietly in the exam hall).

ReputationRep:
    Scared
    I think about all the marks I may have lost

ReputationRep:
    Sure did!

I lost track of time on paper 1 so missed the last question pretty much. And on paper 2, I really really made some stupid issues with theorists, and that article...

I don't even want to think about how badly that 'article' (more like me writing garbage which doesn't deserve to be marked, in hopes that the examiner will take pity on me and give me marks... as I panic about my future quietly in the exam hall).
    Ahahahaha okay thank goodness I've found someone who had as bad of a time as my class did! Paper 1 was a blooming nightmare with timings, and I was so stressed about finishing off in time I cut huge amounts of analysis out and barely talked about anything useful, and I can't even remember answering question 3 (probably blocked it from my memory...).

All I'm going to say about that article is - I made a 50 shades of grey joke... I hope the marker has a sense of humour...

If it makes you feel any better, 1 class stopped the exam for 30 mins after they thought they'd been given the wrong paper 2, and the invigilator left the room for like 20 minutes during my paper 2 and we all whispered about how utterly awfully it was going... I'd love to hear how you do marks-wise honestly! I was aiming for an A but after those papers I'm praying for a low B, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Man..im so damn worried now, Literally almost a day left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshforce1)
    wHAT OTHER SUBJECTS DID YOU TAKE? How did C1 and C2 go for you? and what was your last module S1 OR m1?
    I took Bio, Psychology and Law too. C1 was worse than C2 imo and I actually did D1 which was easier than C1&2
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by blue2337)
    Ahahahaha okay thank goodness I've found someone who had as bad of a time as my class did! Paper 1 was a blooming nightmare with timings, and I was so stressed about finishing off in time I cut huge amounts of analysis out and barely talked about anything useful, and I can't even remember answering question 3 (probably blocked it from my memory...).

All I'm going to say about that article is - I made a 50 shades of grey joke... I hope the marker has a sense of humour...

If it makes you feel any better, 1 class stopped the exam for 30 mins after they thought they'd been given the wrong paper 2, and the invigilator left the room for like 20 minutes during my paper 2 and we all whispered about how utterly awfully it was going... I'd love to hear how you do marks-wise honestly! I was aiming for an A but after those papers I'm praying for a low B, what about you?
    Oh wow, that does seem like a nightmare. Well if it helps I didn't even answer question three, only a little first paragraph attempt. I was aiming for an A and to be applying to Cambridge in October, but I bet I'll end up getting a low C or something like that

I've been getting A grades all year but our teacher was so nice, I can't help but be apprehensive that she was a lenient marker. Even though she said she's not, despite being such a nice teacher.

Honestly, I messed up some key theorists and it just went awful.

What do you think the grade boundaries might be? Are you going to be staying up for them just in case they get released early morning??

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, that does seem like a nightmare. Well if it helps I didn't even answer question three, only a little first paragraph attempt. I was aiming for an A and to be applying to Cambridge in October, but I bet I'll end up getting a low C or something like that

I've been getting A grades all year but our teacher was so nice, I can't help but be apprehensive that she was a lenient marker. Even though she said she's not, despite being such a nice teacher.

Honestly, I messed up some key theorists and it just went awful.

What do you think the grade boundaries might be? Are you going to be staying up for them just in case they get released early morning??
    Okay it's absolutely crazy because everything you're saying is exactly how I felt! I'm applying to Cambridge too! (depending how Thursday goes...) Which course are you thinking of doing?

SAME. In mocks I only dropped like, 6 marks or something in Paper 1? Now I'm guessing I've dropped 6 marks PER QUESTION... kill me. The theorists are always a nightmare - who did you mention and which question did you do?

Yes! I'm staying up til like... 10 past midnight maybe? And then trying to fall asleep (as if) and waiting til the morning. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfcFob)
    I took Bio, Psychology and Law too. C1 was worse than C2 imo and I actually did D1 which was easier than C1&2
    c1 grade boundaries are ending my life just hoping i scraped a B. And Good Luck for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Physics was not pleasant.. especially the 2nd paper. Best if luck, I left out 30 marks worth on paper 2.

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely thought i'd achieved ACD after the exams but looking at the grade boundaries i'm now expecting AAA/AAB I've learnt that there's always a surprise and anything can happen

ReputationRep:
    Id be so happy with C's at this rate I think I've gotten D's, E's and U's ugh im so worried, hopefully it won't be as bad as I think.

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel govt and politics grade boundaries look awfully high for what was in there. I'd be lucky to get a D tbh ahaha.

I really really really want to drop History and if I have to continue it next year I will legit stick red hot needles in my eyes til I go blind

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.