The Unofficial TSR Libertarian Party

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    The TSR Labour Party or individual Labour MPs will be happy to second bills by the fledgling new Libertarian Party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    If you're accepting items from this party I presume that means you're authorising its creation?
    While this would be great I must also make clear that we still have to draft a party constitution, party rules and a coherent structure.

The latter will likely be drafted in the upcoming week. That will depend to an extent on when some of the party supporters are available to work on the given issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxie501)
    While this would be great I must also make clear that we still have to draft a party constitution, party rules and a coherent structure.

The latter will likely be drafted in the upcoming week. That will depend to an extent on when some of the party supporters are available to work on the given issues.
    Fair enough. If you guys need some advice on how to draw up your constitution you can take a peak at sections of ours which is quite expansive.

ReputationRep:
    The TSR Labour Party or individual Labour MPs will be happy to second bills by the fledgling new Libertarian Party.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electrospective)
    Nope.

But I can learn.
    Welcome!
    (Original post by Brahmin of Booty)
    Sign me up :cool:
    Hello! You have a very unique avatar... .o.O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    Welcome!

Fanks! (:

ReputationRep:

Hello! You have a very unique avatar... .o.O
    The colours of the Austrian school cast over the Confederate Flag, I like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brahmin of Booty)
    The colours of the Austrian school cast over the Confederate Flag, I like it
    Its very interesting!

ReputationRep:
    Its very interesting!
    I should get some confederate boxer briefs and see how long until I get beaten up or rejected or something.

ReputationRep:
    If you're accepting items from this party I presume that means you're authorising its creation?
    I'm not accepting them under a party banner but as items submitted by a non-MP with the seconding of an MP.

ReputationRep:
    I won't.

ReputationRep:
    TitanCream jimbles Electrospective

Could we finalize the bill this evening? I.e have an editing session at 20:00 UK time?

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. If you guys need some advice on how to draw up your constitution you can take a peak at sections of ours which is quite expansive.
    By the sound of your prior coalitions it requires you to vote before wiping your own ass, not as bad as the apparent Liberal constitution mind.

I strongly advise them to keep outside interference as close to zero as possible on all issues. Let's stop helping them and see if they thrive or die on their own merit.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's way way too early to decide on a constitution. You're acting as though you're just a Party without a sub - last time I checked, you're not a Party until Fez decides so.

A bunch of new members to the MHoC with no/very little experience in it, and TT is nothing compared to what is really needed to make up a good NEW Party. As Rakas has said, perhaps join a Party, spend a few weeks just being in the MHoC, debating and what not, and then decide whether the MHoC is even something you want to continue with - it's not for everyone.

In terms of everyone trying to help, I'll agree with Rakas (or cBay?) again, they should try and form and stand on their own two feet, without masses of input from everyone else. That is ultimately why I think they should join a Party for now so they can see how they work from experience.

Ultimately, it's up to those who're proposing this Party. Personally, I feel it'll fall flat like the Nat Libs, but it'll be interesting to see how this develops.

ReputationRep:

Could we finalize the bill this evening? I.e have an editing session at 20:00 UK time?
    Sounds good to me, I won't be free around that time unfortunately.

ReputationRep:

Yeah. Sure. Start at 8pm or finish at 8pm?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good to me, I won't be free around that time unfortunately.
    (Original post by Electrospective)
    Yeah. Sure. Start at 8pm or finish at 8pm?
    When will you be free TitanCream ?

All in all I just want to send off the bill. We've worked on it for a few days and I dont want it dwelling in google docs for any longer.

ReputationRep:
    When will you be free TitanCream ?

All in all I just want to send off the bill. We've worked on it for a few days and I dont want it dwelling in google docs for any longer.

You should just send it off and make corrections in later readings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    You should just send it off and make corrections in later readings.
    Certainly not. I'm sick of reading unformatted bills, never mind those not properly thought through.

There's no need for them to hurry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Certainly not. I'm sick of reading unformatted bills, never mind those not properly thought through.

There's no need for them to hurry.
    I completely agree. As it's their first bill, they need to make a good impression and submitting a half-finished bill to the House is most certainly not the way to go.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.