Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackSniper)
    Sorry I am late to the party, I am studying Computer Science. Exciting times ahead
    Congrats and see you in October!

We have a group chat on Facebook if you're interested in joining, just pm me

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone add me in to the Facebook group chat please? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Physics here. Anyone going to the 'icebreaker' or 'welcome to Warwick' events, or just planning to go to SU events?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adynaton)
    No probs. PPE, tennis and skiing societies for sure, will probably try rowing as well.
    Probably being a bit thick, but what is PPE?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what happens in the first couple weeks? Apparently there is no freshers week, but do you know what there is? I assume there won't be lectures day 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 420Ghost96)
    Yh i meant insomniac lol , what course are you planning to study and what accommodation have you applied to?.
    Can't remmber where I applied to accomodation wise, didn't make a note of it afterwards so yeah. Studying Computer Science (MEng). And what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any of the key dates for things like events and freshers etc
    All i've gotten from Warwick since results day is a confirmation email and i'm starting to get really stressed!!!

Also are there any group chats going round? Like for specific accommodations and courses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Marve11)
    Can't remmber where I applied to accomodation wise, didn't make a note of it afterwards so yeah. Studying Computer Science (MEng). And what are you studying?
    I'm studying biochemistry , what societies are thinking to join if any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timmulv)
    Does anyone know what happens in the first couple weeks? Apparently there is no freshers week, but do you know what there is? I assume there won't be lectures day 1.
    Check the Physics page, there's a lot of useful info there. For us I think we need to go to the Physics lecture theatre at 10 am on Monday, and lectures start the next day.

Also there is already work for us to do ;P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chimaera)
    Check the Physics page, there's a lot of useful info there. For us I think we need to go to the Physics lecture theatre at 10 am on Monday, and lectures start the next day.

Also there is already work for us to do ;P
    Thanks. Oh god. I am going to have to remember my complex numbers knowledge. This is going to be fun

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Oh god. I am going to have to remember my complex numbers knowledge. This is going to be fun
    😂 Same. So rusty after the long break

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I know this is late but I got into Warwick to study biology and I'm sooooo stoked Please feel free to message me, especially Life Sciences students - it'd be great to get to know some people beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anotherpapertown)
    Hey. I know this is late but I got into Warwick to study biology and I'm sooooo stoked Please feel free to message me, especially Life Sciences students - it'd be great to get to know some people beforehand.
    Hi I am going to be studying biomedical science. It's cool that we get our own gibbet hill campus. It would be nice to get to know others

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying biochemistry , what societies are thinking to join if any.
    Definitely gonna join the Tabletop Games and Role-playing Society, and probably the Computing one too. Past that, it depends on what some of the others actually seem to do - with some of thedescriptions on the site being pretty vague. Star Wars could be nice if it's just a group of people to relax with. Warwick Virtual Trading Society looks like it could be fun/interesting also. I'm not all too keen on sports, hence the lack of mention above - but I am partial to some Tennis or Badminton, so perhaps I'll try getting into that. You have any ideas which ones you might wanna join?

ReputationRep:
    I got accepted for accounting and finance, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Warwick sucks ..do a gap year and apply to UCL guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Marve11)
    Definitely gonna join the Tabletop Games and Role-playing Society, and probably the Computing one too. Past that, it depends on what some of the others actually seem to do - with some of thedescriptions on the site being pretty vague. Star Wars could be nice if it's just a group of people to relax with. Warwick Virtual Trading Society looks like it could be fun/interesting also. I'm not all too keen on sports, hence the lack of mention above - but I am partial to some Tennis or Badminton, so perhaps I'll try getting into that. You have any ideas which ones you might wanna join?
    Role playing soc , colour me intrigued. Probably thinking of joining Game of Thrones soc (love the series) , comic book soc (im a huhe CB nerd) biosoc (revision) . And for sports probably gonna at least try out canoeing , rowing and archery. Im really a sporty person either buy uni's the place to try out new things so why not. You arriving on the 1st or 2nd?

ReputationRep:
    Ah very much the same i'm also planning to tryour rowing (i'll probably flop but YOLO I guess) unis meant to tryout new things.
    My point exactly ahah

ReputationRep:
    Probably being a bit thick, but what is PPE?
    Philosophy, Politics and Economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anotherpapertown)
    Biochemist here, theres a Facebook group chat for Life science students.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.