University of Warwick Freshers Megathread 2016

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackSniper)
    Sorry I am late to the party, I am studying Computer Science. Exciting times ahead
    Congrats and see you in October!

We have a group chat on Facebook if you're interested in joining, just pm me

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone add me in to the Facebook group chat please? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Physics here. Anyone going to the 'icebreaker' or 'welcome to Warwick' events, or just planning to go to SU events?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adynaton)
    No probs. PPE, tennis and skiing societies for sure, will probably try rowing as well.
    Probably being a bit thick, but what is PPE?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what happens in the first couple weeks? Apparently there is no freshers week, but do you know what there is? I assume there won't be lectures day 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 420Ghost96)
    Yh i meant insomniac lol , what course are you planning to study and what accommodation have you applied to?.
    Can't remmber where I applied to accomodation wise, didn't make a note of it afterwards so yeah. Studying Computer Science (MEng). And what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any of the key dates for things like events and freshers etc
    All i've gotten from Warwick since results day is a confirmation email and i'm starting to get really stressed!!!

Also are there any group chats going round? Like for specific accommodations and courses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Marve11)
    Can't remmber where I applied to accomodation wise, didn't make a note of it afterwards so yeah. Studying Computer Science (MEng). And what are you studying?
    I'm studying biochemistry , what societies are thinking to join if any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timmulv)
    Does anyone know what happens in the first couple weeks? Apparently there is no freshers week, but do you know what there is? I assume there won't be lectures day 1.
    Check the Physics page, there's a lot of useful info there. For us I think we need to go to the Physics lecture theatre at 10 am on Monday, and lectures start the next day.

Also there is already work for us to do ;P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chimaera)
    Check the Physics page, there's a lot of useful info there. For us I think we need to go to the Physics lecture theatre at 10 am on Monday, and lectures start the next day.

Also there is already work for us to do ;P
    Thanks. Oh god. I am going to have to remember my complex numbers knowledge. This is going to be fun

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Oh god. I am going to have to remember my complex numbers knowledge. This is going to be fun
    😂 Same. So rusty after the long break

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I know this is late but I got into Warwick to study biology and I'm sooooo stoked Please feel free to message me, especially Life Sciences students - it'd be great to get to know some people beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anotherpapertown)
    Hey. I know this is late but I got into Warwick to study biology and I'm sooooo stoked Please feel free to message me, especially Life Sciences students - it'd be great to get to know some people beforehand.
    Hi I am going to be studying biomedical science. It's cool that we get our own gibbet hill campus. It would be nice to get to know others

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying biochemistry , what societies are thinking to join if any.
    Definitely gonna join the Tabletop Games and Role-playing Society, and probably the Computing one too. Past that, it depends on what some of the others actually seem to do - with some of thedescriptions on the site being pretty vague. Star Wars could be nice if it's just a group of people to relax with. Warwick Virtual Trading Society looks like it could be fun/interesting also. I'm not all too keen on sports, hence the lack of mention above - but I am partial to some Tennis or Badminton, so perhaps I'll try getting into that. You have any ideas which ones you might wanna join?

ReputationRep:
    I got accepted for accounting and finance, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Warwick sucks ..do a gap year and apply to UCL guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Marve11)
    Definitely gonna join the Tabletop Games and Role-playing Society, and probably the Computing one too. Past that, it depends on what some of the others actually seem to do - with some of thedescriptions on the site being pretty vague. Star Wars could be nice if it's just a group of people to relax with. Warwick Virtual Trading Society looks like it could be fun/interesting also. I'm not all too keen on sports, hence the lack of mention above - but I am partial to some Tennis or Badminton, so perhaps I'll try getting into that. You have any ideas which ones you might wanna join?
    Role playing soc , colour me intrigued. Probably thinking of joining Game of Thrones soc (love the series) , comic book soc (im a huhe CB nerd) biosoc (revision) . And for sports probably gonna at least try out canoeing , rowing and archery. Im really a sporty person either buy uni's the place to try out new things so why not. You arriving on the 1st or 2nd?

ReputationRep:
    Ah very much the same i'm also planning to tryour rowing (i'll probably flop but YOLO I guess) unis meant to tryout new things.
    My point exactly ahah

ReputationRep:
    Probably being a bit thick, but what is PPE?
    Philosophy, Politics and Economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anotherpapertown)
    Biochemist here, theres a Facebook group chat for Life science students.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.