The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My humble introduction:
Hello, there! I'm @buzzyambee :smile:
I am interested in science (particularly biology) and the world of veterinary medicine. My favourite pass time is horse riding - especially when it comes to dressage. I also enjoy singing, acting and cross-country running.
I'm taking 10 full GCSEs:

Spoiler

To be quite honest, I don't think there will ever be a time where people will feel 100% ready for year 11 so I'm just going to take it as it is. But there's no lying, I'm nervous af :tongue:
My favourite subjects are biology, chemistry, drama and french. I find biology and chemistry very interesting and satisfying because I love how it all works - solving problems and finding new discoveries. I really enjoy drama too, especially as I have a great teacher, and french I find very easy as I'm half french!
My absolute goal is to become a vet - what I've wanted to be ever since I was tiny! I really enjoyed my work experience at a veterinary hospital (which I've been invited back to for two weeks), especially watching surgery and how the vets and nurses worked together to solve problems for the sick animals.
For A-Levels, I'm definitely taking biology and chemistry. I'd also like to take French and considering psychology or drama.

Good luck everyone for year 11!! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by buzzyambee
My humble introduction:
Hello, there! I'm @buzzyambee :smile:
I am interested in science (particularly biology) and the world of veterinary medicine. My favourite pass time is horse riding - especially when it comes to dressage. I also enjoy singing, acting and cross-country running.
I'm taking 10 full GCSEs:

Spoiler

To be quite honest, I don't think there will ever be a time where people will feel 100% ready for year 11 so I'm just going to take it as it is. But there's no lying, I'm nervous af :tongue:
My favourite subjects are biology, chemistry, drama and french. I find biology and chemistry very interesting and satisfying because I love how it all works - solving problems and finding new discoveries. I really enjoy drama too, especially as I have a great teacher, and french I find very easy as I'm half french!
My absolute goal is to become a vet - what I've wanted to be ever since I was tiny! I really enjoyed my work experience at a veterinary hospital (which I've been invited back to for two weeks), especially watching surgery and how the vets and nurses worked together to solve problems for the sick animals.
For A-Levels, I'm definitely taking biology and chemistry. I'd also like to take French and considering psychology or drama.

Good luck everyone for year 11!! :smile:

Hello buzzyambee!

Good luck with your GCSEs! I'm sure you'll do well! :biggrin:
@JTran38 Thank you! Im new to TSR and never saw your reply.
Its nice to see someone intrested in Politics like me:tongue:
Reply 143
Original post by Cxesar
@JTran38 Thank you! Im new to TSR and never saw your reply.
Its nice to see someone intrested in Politics like me:tongue:

Did you introduce yourself? Anyways, I've been a bit busy lately so I might have forgotten lol. Yeah, I'm very interested in politics.
Original post by Itsemziexoxo
Is anyone else doing the English speaking exam when you go back? I have it in the first week we go back and wondering how everyone's preparing for it.

Dreading all the coursework from September- December. I have to finish my geography, all three sciences, history and French writing.

What coursework are you doing for Geography?
Original post by JTran38
Did you introduce yourself? Anyways, I've been a bit busy lately so I might have forgotten lol. Yeah, I'm very interested in politics.

Acctually, no i haven`t. Ive also been busy... contemplating how im gonna get through the year.
Reply 146
Original post by Cxesar
Acctually, no i haven`t. Ive also been busy... contemplating how im gonna get through the year.

Yeah, I'm also nervous as well but I'm sure we'll get through it in the end with the best grades possible.
Original post by _gcx
Don't be disheartened! I'm sure with work that you can pull everything back. They are harder, but remember, they're harder for everyone, which means that the grade boundaries will be lower, so don't worry too much. You still have a while to prepare, and a while until you actually do your final exams! :smile:

Thanks for the kind words, it really helped :smile: I think I'm going to start going over some of the last year's content just to be extra ready (especially for maths)

Original post by caseynh
I guess I'm already stressing for y11 too, just walking past WHSmith and seeing the 'Back to school' range terrifies me.. but I'm ready for it :biggrin:

What video games? :smile:

I love RPGs especially, so my favourites are Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim & Oblivion :biggrin: But I do like a good shooter sometimes so I also love Halo and Battlefield. Big fan of Tomb Raider, Mass Effect, Life is Strange, Rocket League, The Sims.... the list goes on. :smile: I like a really wide range of genres. :smile:
Original post by _b_e_n_
Thanks for the kind words, it really helped :smile: I think I'm going to start going over some of the last year's content just to be extra ready (especially for maths)

I love RPGs especially, so my favourites are Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim & Oblivion :biggrin: But I do like a good shooter sometimes so I also love Halo and Battlefield. Big fan of Tomb Raider, Mass Effect, Life is Strange, Rocket League, The Sims.... the list goes on. :smile: I like a really wide range of genres. :smile:

That's great dude! I have a similar taste in games to you! :smile:
Original post by Cxesar
What coursework are you doing for Geography?

I'm doing changes in a river as you move downstream wbu?
Very different.
Im doing coastal defences.
Our geography coursework is about the effects of tourism, we went to blackpool and did surveys and stuff
Thats dope.
We went to a place called swanage (amazing scenery) and did one of coastal defences.
Original post by Cxesar
Thats dope.
We went to a place called swanage (amazing scenery) and did one of coastal defences.

Original post by _b_e_n_
Our geography coursework is about the effects of tourism, we went to blackpool and did surveys and stuff

You guys are lucky compared to me, our geography coursework is trying to determine whether the little town we went to fits the core frame model. So bring:s-smilie:

Anyway what exam boards are u guys taking for geography?
Original post by Greenapplepear
You guys are lucky compared to me, our geography coursework is trying to determine whether the little town we went to fits the core frame model. So bring:s-smilie:

Anyway what exam boards are u guys taking for geography?

i think its AQA geography A
My Geography coursework was about investigating environmental quality within a CBD :redface:
I would have liked to have gone somewhere nice rather than the busy, loud city centre.
Original post by umar39
My Geography coursework was about investigating environmental quality within a CBD :redface:
I would have liked to have gone somewhere nice rather than the busy, loud city centre.

So was mine, we went to central London and looked like annoying tourists. It was so embarrassing. In the end my group sneaked off to nando's whilst everyone else was doing the pedestrian count and the Environmental quality Index thing:biggrin:
Original post by Kaira1up
So was mine, we went to central London and looked like annoying tourists. It was so embarrassing. In the end my group sneaked off to nando's whilst everyone else was doing the pedestrian count and the Environmental quality Index thing:biggrin:

Haha! Some cheeky nandos after a hard day of work. :biggrin:

We had to count rubbish, chewing gum etc. it was disgusting :frown:
Original post by umar39
Haha! Some cheeky nandos after a hard day of work. :biggrin:

We had to count rubbish, chewing gum etc. it was disgusting :frown:

Sounds riveting! :biggrin: