The Current Year 10 Thread (2016-2017)

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MartynaJP6)
    And how are some people allowed to take their GCSES this year? I'm only allowed Polish, because it's my native language. All our other exams are linear and taken at the end of Yr 11.
    My school does GCSEs from year 9

ReputationRep:
    Really? Actual exams? We started a few courses in Year 9 but all exams are in Year 11.

ReputationRep:
    Really? Actual exams? We started a few courses in Year 9 but all exams are in Year 11.
    Some people prefer the spread our exams

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh I do, but they don't let us do them earlier😢

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh I do, but they don't let us do them earlier😢
    But then, for example, I miss out on a year of French because I'm sitting it this year. It results in cramming stuff in, there are pros and cons

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm Daniella and also in year 10
    For GCSEs I'm taking:
    English Language (AQA)
    English Literature (AQA)
    Maths (AQA)
    Science (AQA)
    History (AQA)
    Religion and Ethics (Edexel)
    BTEC health and social (Edexel)
    French (AQA)

I've also noticed the massive difference between year 9 and year 10 in terms of the work overload. Ideally, I would want to be a child psychotherapist or work further in the medicine, science and psychology fields.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrIso)
    Yeah i'm doing triple science, and for English Lit im doing An Inspector Calls and Journeys End. (Inspector Calls is going to be super easy because my sister did it and she got an A* xD). I'll make sure to check your thread out
    Wow congrates to her i am doing inspector calls as well do you have any old notes that i can see for revsion and i will show you mine xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDaniella7809)
    Hey, I'm Daniella and also in year 10
    For GCSEs I'm taking:
    English Language (AQA)
    English Literature (AQA)
    Maths (AQA)
    Science (AQA)
    History (AQA)
    Religion and Ethics (Edexel)
    BTEC health and social (Edexel)
    French (AQA)

I've also noticed the massive difference between year 9 and year 10 in terms of the work overload. Ideally, I would want to be a child psychotherapist or work further in the medicine, science and psychology fields.
    The reformed aqa French seems awful, how're you finding it

ReputationRep:
    hi my name is joshua, and i'm (obviously) in year 10

the subjects i'm taking are:

english lang - aqa
    english lit - aqa
    maths - edexcel higher
    biology - aqa higher
    chemistry - aqa higher
    physics - aqa higher
    computing - ocr
    music - edexcel
    geography - edexcel b
    spanish - aqa higher
    religious studies - edexcel b

my school starts gcse studies a year early in year 9, so i've already got a bit of gcse experience under my belt

i'm predicted 7/A's minimum in all my subjects but i want to get the best grades possible as i want to study computer science at cambridge and there is a new focus on gcses for uni admissions as there are no more as-levels

good luck to all of you and remember that there is no substitute for hard work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a1phabeta)

english lang - aqa
    english lit - aqa
    maths - edexcel higher
    biology - aqa higher
    chemistry - aqa higher
    physics - aqa higher
    computing - ocr
    music - edexcel
    geography - edexcel b
    spanish - aqa higher

my school starts gcse studies a year early in year 9, so i've already got a bit of gcse experience under my belt

i'm predicted 7/A's minimum in all my subjects but i want to get the best grades possible as i want to study computer science at cambridge and there is a new focus on gcses for uni admissions as there are no more as-levels

Have you heard of Jake Wright? He vlogged his time at Cambridge as a compsci, you should check him out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sardonic Zarah)
    Have you heard of Jake Wright? He vlogged his time at Cambridge as a compsci, you should check him out
    yeah, i found out about jake wright during a 5-day coding camp in cambridge last summer (we stayed in queens ) i've watched two thirds of his videos, and it's really addictive.

my experience in cambridge along with his videos actually convinced me to think about cambridge (i actually wanted to go to oxford before the camp )

ReputationRep:
    The reformed aqa French seems awful, how're you finding it
    what do you mean reformed? Does that mean different syllabus im doing AQA french as well xD

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i found out about jake wright during a 5-day coding camp in cambridge last summer (we stayed in queens ) i've watched two thirds of his videos, and it's really addictive.

my experience in cambridge along with his videos actually convinced me to think about cambridge (i actually wanted to go to oxford before the camp )
    Whos Jake Wright ???xD Please tell meh xD XD

ReputationRep:

english lang - aqa
    english lit - aqa
    maths - edexcel higher
    biology - aqa higher
    chemistry - aqa higher
    physics - aqa higher
    computing - ocr
    music - edexcel
    geography - edexcel b
    spanish - aqa higher

U doign triple science? xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayu123)
    Whos Jake Wright ???xD Please tell meh xD XD
    Jake wright is a YouTuber who went to Cambridge and studied computer science

ReputationRep:
    Jake wright is a YouTuber who went to Cambridge and studied computer science
    What does he have youtube and makes videos based on like revision and learning xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayu123)
    What does he have youtube and makes videos based on like revision and learning xD
    Its mostly vlogs about life in Cambridge although he does have a few videos on coding etc

ReputationRep:
    Its mostly vlogs about life in Cambridge although he does have a few videos on coding etc
    AWW you know any youtubers who do videos on revision and Sos for the conflict Xd

ReputationRep:
    Hello my name is Nicholas and I'm (quite blatantly) in year 10

My subjects are

Triple science (AQA)
    English lit (AQA)
    English lang (AQA)
    Math (Edexel)
    History(Don't know)
    French (AQA)
    Music (Edexel)
    Computing (OCR)
    Religious Studies (Edexel)

My school starts GCSEs in year 9, so I'm already halfway through most of my courses.

I'm predicted to get 6 in all my subjects but really other than in French (which is by far my worst subject) I'm aiming for 7/8 in every other subject.

My favourite subjects are English and Music, mostly for their ability for creative expression as I'm middling in analysis of creative works.
    I would like History were it not for the masses of knowledge ive already amassed outside of school, making school History pointless for me. It's really the only subject that I fell I could get a 9 in.

I want to be a musician but with my finances in mind i want to get a computer science job, so I want to get the needed degree at either Cambridge or Imperial.

Good luck everyone and remember that there is no room for complacency, only hard work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlushedTable)
    Hello my name is Nicholas and I'm (quite blatantly) in year 10

My subjects are

Triple science (AQA)
    English lit (AQA)
    English lang (AQA)
    Math (Edexel)
    History(Don't know)
    French (AQA)
    Music (Edexel)
    Computing (OCR)
    Religious Studies (Edexel)

My school starts GCSEs in year 9, so I'm already halfway through most of my courses.

I'm predicted to get 6 in all my subjects but really other than in French (which is by far my worst subject) I'm aiming for 7/8 in every other subject.

My favourite subjects are English and Music, mostly for their ability for creative expression as I'm middling in analysis of creative works.
    I would like History were it not for the masses of knowledge ive already amassed outside of school, making school History pointless for me. It's really the only subject that I fell I could get a 9 in.

I want to be a musician but with my finances in mind i want to get a computer science job, so I want to get the needed degree at either Cambridge or Imperial.

Good luck everyone and remember that there is no room for complacency, only hard work.
    You doing triple science

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.