Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British woman stabbed to death by knifeman ‘chanting Allahu Akbar’ Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    Islamic terror is brutal, harmful, and kills many of our citizens.
    Need to pull you up here bro.
    It is not "Islamic" terror, it is "Islamist" terror.

What you are doing is what you are attacking others for, calling all Musims terrorists. Islam is simply the religio-political ideology, followed to a lesser or greater extent by 1.6 billion individuals.
    Islamism is the movent intent on establishing that system, by force if necessary.

ReputationRep:
    the problem is ISIS and hatred, ISIS legitimise this hate, and whinging about how Islam is misogynistic or crying about mohamed being a pedo won't make ISIS disappear.
    Neither will brushing it under the carpet, so we may as well be honest with each other.
    Islam contains much that is unacceptable and incompatible with liberal secular democracy. Saying this is more important and more helpful than denying it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    This probably actually has nothing to do with Islam
    Very possibly, but the knowledge squad were straight in to insist that it could not be.

ReputationRep:
    You did not explain how stabbing one person is supposed to intimidate the population of Australia to submit to extremist Islam.
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nosler)
    I've read your "Islam is good because not every single Muslim beheads infidels" argument many times.

In 1930's Germany not every single German was a hardcore Nazis. However the minority forced the majority to do some terrible things...
    there is also an interesting parallel between Islam and Communism

by the 1970s, Communist parties in some Western European States (Italy, France, Portugal etc) were receiving millions of votes in elections and had hundreds of thousands of Members

in theory, these millions of people should all have been in favour of a Communist revolution, State ownership of means of production, the dictatorship of the proletariat and other Marxist ideological paraphernalia

in practice, they were simply subscribing to some kind of Social-Democratic ideology, centered on welfare, role of the trade-unions etc

when, e.g. in Italy and France, some fringe groups actually took the Communist manifesto seriously, and went for the "proletarian revolution", it took years for the official Communist parties to recognize that terrorists such as the Red Brigades were actually part of the "family picture". At first, it was the CIA, fascists, false flag attacks etc etc

in the end, most Western Communist parties abandoned Marxism (except for the French one, which in practice then disappeared)

so, I think that in due time, Islam will go through a similar experience . But, in the meantime, they seem to fail to recognise that Al-Qaida, ISIS etc are very much part of the Islamic "family picture" and that the problem is within Islam itself

best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Very possibly, but the knowledge squad were straight in to insist that it could not be.
    heh i admire your patience. I could only skim Alevelstress posts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    If someone stabbed people shouting "Heil Hitler", would you still say that it has nothing to do with Nazism?
    Interesting how keen so many people were keen to say that Jo Cox's murderer shouted 'Britain first' (I'm still unsure if this ever happened) and politicize it, yet so many of the very same people would call anyone who did the same with endless unprovoked Islamic attacks is an opportunist and someone who is whipping up sentiment for political capital, not identifying a real phenomenon.......

ReputationRep:
    This isn't Islamic terrorism. Yelling "allahu ackbar" is a device used by these sorts of disturbed individuals specifically to trigger people like you into thinking its an organised terror attack, when in fact its just one person stabbing someone - something anyone can do.

Not forgetting "We don't have any motive at this stage," said Detective Superintendent Ray Rohweder on Twitter.
    This is the most regressive, reality denying, uneducated and relativistic comment I read in months. Absolutely disgusting and pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    This is a simple lie. The hatred I am talking about derives from peoples' lives being turned upside down by conflict, by war, by political oppression, by political instability, by failed western foreign policy, by losing family members, by being persecuted because of religion.
    So (for the hundredth time), how do you explain all the Islamist attacks on western targets before 9/11 and military intervention?
    How do you explain the educated people from stable families, in stable countries, committing attacks or travelling to join ISIS?

You continually fail to respond because you have no answer. But still you continue posting the same refuted and dismantled arguments.
    Why? What do you hope to achieve? We all (including yourself) know that you are being dishonest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxie501)
    This is the most regressive, reality denying, uneducated and relativistic comment I read in months. Absolutely disgusting and pathetic.
    And in my view, which corresponds to the same view held by many people, your bigoted, primitive, disgusting way of hating on refugees and immigrants is not only regressive and hateful, but also contributing towards radicalisation and thereby terrorism

strange how viewpoints work, isn't it?

if you've got a problem, criticise away, but don't whinge about me being regressive when it is your side which promotes terrorism by proxy

ReputationRep:
    Because stabbing someone isn't trying to enforce political views onto anyone, is it? They didn't vocalise any intentions to keep Australia from bombing ISIS, or any intentions to establish a caliphate or something in Australia, or anything like that.
    By shouting "Allahu akbar", that is exactly what people do! It has become synonymous with the aims of Islamists extremists, in the same way that the Cross of St George became synonymous with far-right extremism for years.
    The only reason for shouting "Alahu akbar" before a violent attack is to associate it with Islamist extremism.

Just as with the St George cross, context lets us know the meaning. 100 people in a mosque during salah chanting "Allahu akbar" is not the same as screaming it before launching a violent attack, just as weaing the cross on a knight's fancy dress outfit is not the same as the skinheads throwing a cross calling card at an Asian that they have just given a kicking to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Early guess would be some jealousy / domestic dispute
    Seeing some of her social media pics, I wouldn't rule this out.

ReputationRep:
    OK what is the betting that, like the Rabbi attack, it does not even make C4 or BBC news?

Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong and that did appear on the news?

If this doesn't too, I will know that they are trying to keep it from the great unwashed.

So we can be kept in the EU, with Merkels open border utopia.

Hate politician, and media, these days. Not worth a crumb of respect, they treat us with zero.

ReputationRep:
    The evidence of traumatic events in peoples' lives leading to radicalisation is blatant to anyone who skims over case studies of Islamic terrorists. Family loss is just an example, but someone's life being turned upside down generates negative feelings, these negative feelings mean that they become sympathetic towards groups like ISIS - who provide a legitimate voice for any hateful Muslims in the world. An example of this is the Tunisian beach attacker, he was radicalised because his life was turned upside down during the Libyan civil war, prior to this he reportedly (according to his girlfriend) liked to drink, smoke and breakdance.

Political unrest and traumatic events in peoples' lives radicalises these individuals, not a heart-filled desire to help Islam. Almost every single terror attack on the west has been done in response to a political stance of the country - such as the Bataclan attackers who vocally spoke out against France's airstrikes in Syria and its role in crushing Islamic State. The ONLY one where I can think of the motive being purely religious is the Kouachi brothers in Charlie Hebdo - but they did not kill anyone other than who they targeted, apart from one police officer. Its also note-worthy that both of these individuals were involved in petty crime, and were jailed for these actions, and then radicalised inside jail - so its quite obvious that them being imprisoned made them predisposed to negative influence from a radical preacher who they met in prison.

As for your concerns about a religion saying non-believers go to hell, the same is said by many other religions. The fact is, almost no Muslims nowadays readily accept, embrace and act upon the barbarism of the Quran. Furthermore its also worth pointing out that criticising Sharia Law is vague and meaningless, it is interpreted very differently, whether practiced in government or practiced under militant regimes such as in al-Raqqah.

If there is a human choice of rejecting or embracing Islamic values in the Quran, then the problem is with the people who readily accept the hateful parts and ignore the peaceful ones, just as ISIS do. Some people confusingly say that ISIS follow the Quran to the word, they don't, they cherry pick the violent parts to suit their political aims and oppression in Syria and Iraq. If someone can readily choose what to follow from the Quran, the problem is the hateful people who are clearly not living among the 1.6 billion Muslims who have adapted their values to a modern world, or the millions in western society who live perfectly fruitful lives without conflicting their religious beliefs with our own laws.
    So you're going by one example? Your argument of losing someone is flawed on so many levels. Every single person in the world has lost someone close to them. Hell, even the Christians and Yazidis in the Middle East have had it much worse than you have and you don't see them blowing themselves up in the name of their faith.

The bombers in the 7/7 attacks had a religious motive. The Boston Marathon bombings had a religious motive. The Madrid bombings had a religious motive. The Brussels attacks had a religious motive. My my look at how much damage religious motives can cause!

Really? The only religion that I can think of is Christianity. I believe in Judaism. you don't even have to be Jewish to go to heaven and the same applies in Dharmic religions too. So wrong there.

Hahahahahaha where's your evidence that 1.6 billion Muslims in the world have adapted themselves to modern beliefs? Are you talking about the Muslims who only discriminate against Christians and Jews in Asia and Africa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxie501)
    are you aware that you risk now being blocked by alevels ? would you want to risk incurring in this unmitigated catastrophe ? think hard, please

best

ReputationRep:
    ILook up a list of Islamic terror attacks, do you think its a coincidence that wikipedia has not included many of the mass stabbings, akin to, or far worse than this??
    WTF? Wiki's list of Islamist terror attacks incudes all the stabbings and knife attacks that I can remember. Try reading stuff instead of just making **** up.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rorist_attacks

ReputationRep:
    You misunderstood the argument

The argument is that the EXCESSIVE MAJORITY, ie 1.6 billion + Muslims, don't do it

with Nazism, the ratio isn't quite so absolute

which regular are you an alt of, may I ask?
    so why don't the majority of peaceful Muslims (that we are often told about) speak out against extremism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    why are you taking wikipedia as the ultimate reference in this matter ? every time I quoted wikipedia in my discussions with Muslims, I was told that it's controlled by Zionists...

more seriously, wikipedia articles do vary hugely with regard to accuracy, updates, definitions etc etc

best
    Also, it does not show what he claims. Rather, it lists every such bladed weapon attack I remember as "Islamist terrorism".

The poor boy has now resorted to outright dishonesty but appears completely unaware or unconcerned that everyone knows it. Really don't know what's going on in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    OK what is the betting that, like the Rabbi attack, it does not even make C4 or BBC news?

Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong and that did appear on the news?.
    it is actually on BBC
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-37171751

however, information about the murderer and his motives is very, very scanty

ReputationRep:
    our minds can concoct all sorts of scenarios when we don't want to believe something
    Ouch! The irony, it burns!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.