The Arsenal Thread XXV

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Imagine putting Kolarov over Bailly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Imagine putting Kolarov over Bailly
    Even Liverpool's CBs are better than City's tbh.

No Aguero then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Even Liverpool's CBs are better than City's tbh.

No Aguero then?
    Let's not go too far

He's injured m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Let's not go too far

He's injured m8
    Hehe x

Stones is good at passing and getting forward but he's not a proper defender.
    Kolarov is a full back and way too attacking.

Lovren had inexplicably become decent now - kinda like Smalling did for you guys (obviously not to the same extent).
    Matip looks solid but can't properly judge yet.
    Sakho is out of favour but still a beast.
    Klavan is an experienced and very competent CB to have as back up.

I'd certainly take ours over theirs, it's just our fullbacks that are awful (bar Clyne)

I assumed it was a fantasy team made from City/United players. Why should injury make a difference in a hypothetical team like this?

ReputationRep:
    Lol at Flamini signing for Palace

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to take a guy seriously when he has Rooney starting tho?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Hehe x

Stones is good at passing and getting forward but he's not a proper defender.
    Kolarov is a full back and way too attacking.

Lovren had inexplicably become decent now - kinda like Smalling did for you guys (obviously not to the same extent).
    Matip looks solid but can't properly judge yet.
    Sakho is out of favour but still a beast.
    Klavan is an experienced and very competent CB to have as back up.

I'd certainly take ours over theirs, it's just our fullbacks that are awful (bar Clyne)

I assumed it was a fantasy team made from City/United players. Why should injury make a difference in a hypothetical team like this?
    That's true with their current defence but Kompany-Stones in a Pep team or Kompany-Otamendi in a normal team beats you

"Who makes our combined United and City XI for the Manchester derby?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    That's true with their current defence but Kompany-Stones in a Pep team or Kompany-Otamendi in a normal team beats you

"Who makes our combined United and City XI for the Manchester derby?"
    Oh yeah for sure - Kompany changes things massively. I think we have very good depth because none of our 4 CBs are significantly better than any of the others.

Meh, still pointless!! Whoever decided it was an idiot anyway; only put Kolarov in to make sure there was enough City players...

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1473338732.387467.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  116.4 KB

Pls no hate - was meant to be diamond wide but they didn't have that formation

Not convinced about Zabaleta so considered putting Smalling RB, but he hasn't played there for years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Lol at Flamini signing for Palace
    Good signing for both parties? Nah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Not convinced about Zabaleta so considered putting Smalling RB, but he hasn't played there for years.
    Giroud, Ozick and alexis would have a field day whilst zlatan fails at taekwondo in koscielny's left pocket.

ReputationRep:
    You're talking an Ibrahimovic who beat Arsenal 4-0, who beat England 4-2, and whose most recent loss to English opposition was just last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

No David Silva?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    No David Silva?
    I haven't been too impressed by Silva really and I feel like Martial and Sterling on the wings with KDB playing the passes would be a better option.

Really hard not to leave a top player out of a combined United/City side though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    whose most recent loss to English opposition was just last year.
    Ffs sake he's only played 4 english teams in the last year. The hardest of which was Leicester. Another pointless stat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I haven't been too impressed by Silva really and I feel like Martial and Sterling on the wings with KDB playing the passes would be a better option.

Really hard not to leave a top player out of a combined United/City side though.
    Horrible midfield that, also this rejuvenated Valencia at RB would be better

Thoughts on me doing my masters in Leeds?

ReputationRep:
    SA-1 swirly

Xhaka would be a fearless gangbanger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Horrible midfield that, also this rejuvenated Valencia at RB would be better

Thoughts on me doing my masters in Leeds?
    Mate pls

Loving how Valencia started off as an attacking player and has ended up being moulded in to a RB...

Pls no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Mate pls

Loving how Valencia started off as an attacking player and has ended up being moulded in to a RB...

Pls no
    Perfect RB if he learns to defend properly, that pace on the counter

Oh I might be, and if I do, I'll find you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Perfect RB if he learns to defend properly, that pace on the counter

Oh I might be, and if I do, I'll find you
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Mate pls

Pls no
    Take it to another thread where people actually give a ****...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.