Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Movies you hated but critics loved Watch

ReputationRep:
    Most of the academy award winning films are overrated.

I just hope we all agree that The Dark Knight is the most overrated movie in history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Most of the academy award winning films are overrated.

I just hope we all agree that The Dark Knight is the most overrated movie in history.
    It may be overrated because it's considered one of the best films ever. Top 10 or smth.

But... Ledger's Joker was incredible. I don't think anyone will top that perfomance in a long long time (Leto was ok but not mind-blowing)

OP: A Beautiful Mind. I don't think people have watched this film. It's boring.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhairtransplant)
    50- shades of grey
    Critics tore that film to shreds...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martian872)
    I don't think Citizen Kane is a bad film but it is hugely overrated. It just isn't that good. Rosebud yeah we get it so what. it's trying to be cleverer than it is and using movie techniques? We get it you did some clever movie stuff but it really is not that well written or that great a plot.

That said worse movie I ever saw that was meant to be good was The Blair Witch Project, that film was so bad so ultimately boring and not scary that I almost fell asleep.
    I totally agree with Citzen Kane, it seems to me it was well rated because of hype more than substance, by which I mean plot which is tedious throughout, I totally agree about Blair Witch as well, what a snooze fest. About as scary as an episode of Dr Who..

Dude Where's My Car is awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martian872)
    I totally agree with Citzen Kane, it seems to me it was well rated because of hype more than substance, by which I mean plot which is tedious throughout, .
    No I'm pretty sure it's well rated due to how innovative it was.

Besides, it wasn't even universally well rated by critics at the time.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah true it's style was innovative, but that was not what I was getting at.

And I always thought the critics blew their load over that film entirely, live and learn.

ReputationRep:
    Here's some for ya;

- The Girl with all the Gifts

Wafer-thin plot, never scary and full of clunky dialogue and plot holes. What an ass-tastrophe.

- Boyhood

But it took thirteen years to make! Wahhh!

- The Danish Girl

No pastries in it, so I feel a bit misled... No substance in it either.

- Vertigo

James Stewart couldn't act his way out of a school play. Movie is really long and ****ing boring too. The last half-hour is some of the most annoying and preposterous storytelling I've ever seen.

- Bridge to Teribithea

This needs no explanation, it's predictable, boring, painfully long and lame.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.