When will the religious people realize there is NO afterlife ?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran23)
    Yes, but you still have no evidence to disprove the existence of god. I suggest you better start working on an "empirical" equipment to disprove the existence of God to justify your claim.

Your strong opinions are clouding your judgement whether or not the existence of God has been disproved.
    There doesn't need to be evidence disproving a general deity, it is an unfalsifiable claim. The onus/burden of proof is on YOU and other theists to prove your particular version of God exists, not on sceptics to disprove it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mil88)
    And if I outplay such a person, then what does that make me?
    A jest and a liar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    There doesn't need to be evidence disproving a general deity, it is an unfalsifiable claim. The onus/burden of proof is on YOU and other theists to prove your particular version of God exists, not on sceptics to disprove it.
    As a universal theist I believe that there are many evidences that hundreds of civilisations have provided over the course of history. We theist's call them miracles. Even I as a theist don't believe in all of the recorded miracles but I do believe in most of them. So it seems that people like you have a very long list of evidences to falsify . In our opinion, the evidences is there!

ReputationRep:
    As an universal theist(I am a Hindu) there are many evidences that hundreds of civilisations have provided over the history of humanity. We theist's call them miracles. Even I as a theist don't believe in all of the recorded miracles but I do believe in most of them. So it seems that people like you have a very long list of evidences to falsify . In our opinion, the evidences is there!
    There are no miracles that have been independently, objectively and scientifically verified I'm afraid so that's not evidence.

ReputationRep:
    There are no miracles that have been independently, objectively and scientifically verified I'm afraid so that's not evidence.
    The material has been provided by us believers. To us the miracles are perfectly valid.

PS. Let us just agree to disagree. This debate has been going on for thousands of years before this thread and it is not going to be solved now.

ReputationRep:
    The material has been provided by us believers. To us the miracles are perfectly valid.

PS. Let us just agree to disagree. This debate has been going on for thousands of years before this thread and it is not going to be solved now.
    You're question begging. Of course as a believer you're going to believe they happened, doesn't mean the evidence is actually there though. In fact, it most certainly isn't, no one can show a miracle actually happened.

ReputationRep:
    But how do you know ? How do you know that you're certain? You don't. You're basing that off of your own opinion and your own faith in atheism as well as the believers of Christ base their opinion in their faith. You're acting like what you're saying is completely fact but how do you know? You and I are both alive and not currently experiencing the "after life". There might be afterlife and there might not be an afterlife. You have to be dead to figure that out nor I am not wishing death upon you.

How can you declare that there is no afterlife when you're not dead to know whether an afterlife even exists?

No offence but you come across a little ignorant and close minded regarding this topic by just declaring there is no after life.

(Original post by Carthaginian)
    A jest and a liar.
    Honesty is a virtue possessed by the minority.

The irony is evidently strong here.

ReputationRep:
    You're question begging. Of course as a believer you're going to believe they happened, doesn't mean the evidence is actually there though. In fact, it most certainly isn't, no one can show a miracle actually happened.
    Ok, I'll give you an example. In Hinduism, Shakti is the goddess of empowerment and is the primordial cosmic energy and represents the dynamic forces that are thought to move through the entire universe. I believe that she is the energy you see everywhere. The energy from the burning stars we see powering all lives that you see on earth(my personal belief). So my evidence is all around you, the cosmic energy that we are surrounded by. The energy that gave me the blessing to allow me to rise from the ground and shape me into a human being.

Isn't this for you evidence?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'll give you an example. In Hinduism, Shakti is the goddess of empowerment and is the primordial cosmic energy and represents the dynamic forces that are thought to move through the entire universe. I believe that she is the energy you see everywhere. The energy from the burning stars we see powering all lives that you see on earth(my personal belief). So my evidence is all around you, the cosmic energy that we are surrounded by. The energy that gave me the blessing to allow me to rise from the ground and shape me into a human being.

Isn't this evidence?
    This isn't evidence because you are making an assumption that the energy is God without proving it. It is an unfounded assumption, nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why you think your opinion is important to religious people. I don't know why you think you're worthy to comment on the existence of God, when you're just one person in the history of civilisation. I do forgive your mother for raising you as an arrogant, obnoxious **** though. She should have taught you to respect other people's beliefs and opinions, but I guess you don't listen to your mother. How sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mil88)
    Honesty is a virtue possessed by the minority.

The irony is evidently strong here.
    Honesty is a quality you don't have.

(Original post by Carthaginian)
    Honesty is a quality you don't have.
    If you are wrong, may you be forgiven.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't evidence because you are making an assumption that the energy is God without proving it. It is an unfounded assumption, nothing more.
    Energy was only discovered in the late 18th century. Shakti has been our deity for millennia's. My personal opinion is that science has helped my community further establish our beliefs. We did not derive our deities on scientific grounds.

ReputationRep:
    Energy was only discovered in the late 18th century. Shakti has been our deity for millennia's. My personal opinion is that science has helped my community further establish our beliefs. We did not derive our deities on scientific grounds.
    Energy wasn't discovered in the late 18th century, people have known about energy (fire, heat, hydrothermal etc) for millennia.

ReputationRep:
    Energy wasn't discovered in the late 18th century, people have known about energy (fire, heat, hydrothermal etc.) for millennia.
    Of course they have seen fire and heat etc. But the concept of energy and the law's of conservations were only derived recently. The earliest anyone came to describe energy was about 4th century BC but in Hinduism our deity has been worshipped earlier than this date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaredofdeath)
    There is NO life after death.
    We are our bodies , more precisely our brains.
    There is no such thing as a "soul".
    There is no such thing as "heaven" " hell" .
    These are all inventions of the religious people.
    No one is going to reborn , we only live once.
    Prove it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Energy wasn't discovered in the late 18th century, people have known about energy (fire, heat, hydrothermal etc) for millennia.
    I have enjoyed this little debate and though we have different beliefs over the existence of God, I wholeheartedly appreciate and respect your firm standing on your beliefs.

Goodbye

ReputationRep:
    Fruitless. Can't cure those that don't want to be cured.

ReputationRep:
    forget about your imaginary friends and kys

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.